Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
It's on non-stop on TBS and after a few drinks I start to chuckle at the jokes and fantasize about railing penny or whatever the nerdy blonde girls name is. Is this a good thing? I don't mind the commercials because it allows me to browse the web. Also how is that dude from Roseanne still look 28? I feel bad for the indian guy, he never gets a girl LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

that's good op, just keep watching it until you have watched all the episodes :thumbsup:

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i dont know if youre being sarcastic or not but sometimes ill watch it when im eating and it can be funny if youre not thinking about it too much or dont have youre balls tied into a knot and stuffed up yera arsehole

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

like not "laugh out loud" funny but "this is more humourous than staring at a wall" funny

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
there is a lot of good racks on dis show.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

lonesomedwarf posted:

i dont know if youre being sarcastic or not but sometimes ill watch it when im eating and it can be funny if youre not thinking about it too much or dont have youre balls tied into a knot and stuffed up yera arsehole
my nuts are stuffed up my rear end but i wasnt being sarcastic

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

a hole-y ghost posted:

my nuts are stuffed up my rear end but i wasnt being sarcastic

i just meant that if you have ur nuts up your ears its harder to laugh at things espeially if youre sitting down i do this a lot and i know from personal experience

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

EARS! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

The 'pigeon poop' episode is my fave.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

lonesomedwarf posted:

i just meant that if you have ur nuts up your ears its harder to laugh at things espeially if youre sitting down i do this a lot and i know from personal experience
wtf??? i dont think thats physically possible. i think youre pulling my leg here

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
kill urself

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
They say it's painless. Like falling asleep in warm milk....

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

holy poo poo thats harsh :wth:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
wait i thought the high pitched girl with big boobs and glasses was penny, i was mistaken. I want to rail the mousy one. *laugh track*

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

most of the chicks are hot but its television so thats the point i think the one with the large breasts is atrractive though i dont like the voice that much to be honest i hope its not her real vopice because i will hook up wiuth her one day. im sure have it

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

a hole-y ghost posted:

holy poo poo thats harsh :wth:

No, I'm sorry, once you start finding tbbt even slightly humoress suicide is the only option. It's humane, really.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

lonesomedwarf posted:

most of the chicks are hot but its television so thats the point i think the one with the large breasts is atrractive though i dont like the voice that much to be honest i hope its not her real vopice because i will hook up wiuth her one day. im sure have it
i have good news for you friend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDWo7mfMZWM
I don't know why they made her do the voice but now i guess theyre sort of stuck with it. it is p irritating

big bang theory isnt the best show on television but its not the worst either. id give it a solid 6/10

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I've always 100% unironically enjoyed it.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Nuts and Gum posted:

It's on non-stop on TBS and after a few drinks I start to chuckle at the jokes and fantasize about railing penny or whatever the nerdy blonde girls name is. Is this a good thing? I don't mind the commercials because it allows me to browse the web. Also how is that dude from Roseanne still look 28? I feel bad for the indian guy, he never gets a girl LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Would rather have ISIS slowly torture and execute my whole family one by one in open public on TV to millions, than watch a millisecond of this poo poo show.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

I watched a few minutes of BBT once and it was really weird because it seemed like they chose the places to put the laugh track completely at random

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
There's something really wrong if you don't like this show

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

lonesomedwarf posted:

like not "laugh out loud" funny but "this is more humourous than staring at a wall" funny

good backpedaling human being

bbt is loving terrible

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
All sitcoms are terrible.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

concerned mom posted:

:goonsay:

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

there's maybe 2 or 3 good jokes in a half hour episode of a sitcom usually

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

concerned mom posted:

not married with children you loving homo

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
If you like this show you should be murdered.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Rapman the Cook posted:

If you like this show you should be murdered.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Nuts and Gum posted:

its a genuinely funny show with good characters, the internet hate is weird. also it reminds me of when i was a teenager, all eating take away food and playing games and getting excitedabout stare wars/trek and all that good poo poo.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

lol youre hilarious.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

happyhippy posted:

Would rather have ISIS slowly torture and execute my whole family one by one in open public on TV to millions, than watch a millisecond of this poo poo show.

no you wouldnt.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Torka posted:

I watched a few minutes of BBT once and it was really weird because it seemed like they chose the places to put the laugh track completely at random

actually the laugh track is a) where the stdio audience laughed and b) where they believe viewers at home will laugh, and it is generally just after a joke punchline.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
its racist against nerds imo

my people have been slighted

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

opus111 posted:

its a genuinely funny show with good characters, the internet hate is weird. also it reminds me of when i was a teenager, all eating take away food and playing games and getting excitedabout stare wars/trek and all that good poo poo.

Yeah I also got exited about Stare Wars and Trek. Everything else you wrote is wrong though.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Whats annoying about the show is about nerds, but the jokes aren't really that nerdy. Like, when they played Halo, a nerdy joke would be for one of them to say "Hold on, I need to get a food nipple from the starship, because I worked up a BIG GRUNTY THIRST!" And then have the rest of them laugh, and not explain it any more then that. That would have been funny as no one who hasn't played halo would get, and even many people who have played it wouldn't have gotten it either, but that would have been the point. But instead, they play halo and just say "I shall use my PLASMA GRENADE!" (laugh track erupts).

For non-gamer reference, it would be like if they were all watching football and that was absurd for some reason, and instead of saying something like "Wow Leonard, you are fumbling your chips worst then LARRY BROWN!" (or whoever is unpopular or whatever). They say " Wow, that FOOTBALL PLAYER was SACKED by that QUATERBACK!" and then the crowd erupts with laughter.

In short, the jokes are what a "non-nerdy" person would think a "nerdy" joke would be. Its either they looked at the back of the box of a game, or someone just explains their experiment in the longest way possible when it really isn't actually that complicated.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

its ok after the girls become more prominent but the punchlines are usually very obvious and there are a lot of cliches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moosechees
Jun 1, 2002

rawr
The original unaired pilot was actually pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jftzOTnB30I

• Locked thread