Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Hammy acting, hacky jokes, Stereotypical characters. Still better than the BBT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Shnag posted:

Whats annoying about the show is about nerds, but the jokes aren't really that nerdy. Like, when they played Halo, a nerdy joke would be for one of them to say "Hold on, I need to get a food nipple from the starship, because I worked up a BIG GRUNTY THIRST!" And then have the rest of them laugh, and not explain it any more then that. That would have been funny as no one who hasn't played halo would get, and even many people who have played it wouldn't have gotten it either, but that would have been the point. But instead, they play halo and just say "I shall use my PLASMA GRENADE!" (laugh track erupts).

For non-gamer reference, it would be like if they were all watching football and that was absurd for some reason, and instead of saying something like "Wow Leonard, you are fumbling your chips worst then LARRY BROWN!" (or whoever is unpopular or whatever). They say " Wow, that FOOTBALL PLAYER was SACKED by that QUATERBACK!" and then the crowd erupts with laughter.

In short, the jokes are what a "non-nerdy" person would think a "nerdy" joke would be. Its either they looked at the back of the box of a game, or someone just explains their experiment in the longest way possible when it really isn't actually that complicated.

thats because its not aimed at nerds, its aimed at their parents and friends because nerds dont watch broadcast tv.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Moosechees posted:

The original unaired pilot was actually pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jftzOTnB30I

the pilot is weird and gloomy and im glad they didnt do it.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
There's some decent nerd jokes my dad wouldn't understand (he loves the show tho) like the one where they kicked Sheldon out from "Nintendo 64 game night" so he's on his laptop in the hallway and the girl comes up to him and says "what are you doing" and he says "playing Mario 64 on a poorly coded Nintendo 64 emulator"

And one where they got into this huge argument about returning a video tape to a store that moved across the country and in the end you find out it was Super Mario Bros: the Movie

I don't love the show but I don't get the weird hate for it either :shrug:

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I don't love the show but I don't get the weird hate for it either :shrug:

It hits where it hurts and makes mockery of our lives.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

opus111 posted:

thats because its not aimed at nerds, its aimed at their parents and friends because nerds dont watch broadcast tv.

Basically BBT's humor hinges on normal people watching it and laughing at how the nerds don't confirm to their narrow definition of what's normal while the nerds' nerdiness isn't exaggerated at all

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Basically it's just A bunch of BS.

Soft Shell Crab fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Oct 30, 2014

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
bernadette is my favourite character

I like it when she loses it and raises her voice

I also have a thing for short women

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's not funny at all but it doesn't make me mad. It's just another bad American sitcom that I don't care about.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

i feel bad for amy she is very self destructive

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Soft Shell Crab posted:

Basically it's just bunch of BS.

It's just A bunch of BS. A bunch of BS. Jesus goons, loving proofread your posts to make sure they're actually legible if you're so goddamned ADHD that you're leaving out entire words!

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Yaldabaoth posted:

It's just A bunch of BS. A bunch of BS. Jesus goons, loving proofread your posts to make sure they're actually legible if you're so goddamned ADHD that you're leaving out entire words!

Thank you, I'm going to go and edit my post now.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Yaldabaoth posted:

Basically BBT's humor hinges on normal people watching it and laughing at how the nerds don't confirm to their narrow definition of what's normal while the nerds' nerdiness isn't exaggerated at all

Pretty much it, all the guys have successful jobs in their fields, healthy social life, all most of them are in a committed relationship with a woman, so they are all living happy lives. But they are huge NEEEEEEERRRRRRRDS because they play video games and go to the comic book store rather then get drunk and watch football.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
im gonna watch it tonight and laugh at it

then im gonna laugh at dumbshit goons who cant enjoy okish middle of the road things

suck my dick

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

Soft Shell Crab posted:

It hits where it hurts and makes mockery of our lives.

Really though it doesnt, imagine you meeting a girl wanting to hook up, now yo can act like the completely sexless nerd you are and she will actually recognise your nerdiness and maybe find it cute because youre like the sincere nerds in BBT. Nerd jokes has become an order of magnitude more accepted in normal society and we ha e this show to thank for it!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

Really though it doesnt, imagine you meeting a girl wanting to hook up, now yo can act like the completely sexless nerd you are and she will actually recognise your nerdiness and maybe find it cute because youre like the sincere nerds in BBT. Nerd jokes has become an order of magnitude more accepted in normal society and we ha e this show to thank for it!
does that mean that this show led to.... *huff* *huff* *splutter* FAKE GAMER GIRLS

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I think the nerdy blond is way hotter than Penny. Especially since Penny has a fuckin SJW haircut now.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
bernadette has HUGE knockers

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
the big bang theory loving owns, best telebision show ever

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Moola posted:

yeah but shes got the weakest personality out of them all.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

shes completely joyless.

penny owns though.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Moola posted:

Yea i'd love to see her free those puppies.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

opus111 posted:

yeah but shes got the weakest personality out of them all.

nah shes better than penny

but penny is terrible and bad

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

Real nerds don't meet girls.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

has sheldon banged his girlfriend yet?

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Moola posted:

nah shes better than penny

but penny is terrible and bad

penny is non-judgmental, reasonable and tolerant. Bernadete explodes over the msot pointless crap, gives Howard an allowance, interferes with his career and runs him down in froint of his mates. f-that, imo.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
she has a funny voice and says funny things tho

her tits are great

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

well yeah shes good as a character, she gives the show balance. i just mean in terms of who id wanna hang with, shes the lowest on the list.

her sweater puppies are extraordinary, agreedo (shot first). when she first came on the show she was supposed to be dumpy and plain but no way lol, she is proper smoking.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Moosechees posted:

The original unaired pilot was actually pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jftzOTnB30I

This is some seinfeld poo poo. Disappointed it isn't what the real show is.

Sheldon's delivery is really what makes him funny.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

opus111 posted:

her sweater puppies are extraordinary, agreedo (shot first).

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I like the hawt engineer guy. With his huge knocker.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I dont like sheldon cause he has like, no boobs whatsoever

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Raj has some perky lil tits

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Moola posted:

I dont like sheldon cause he has like, no boobs whatsoever

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

This is some seinfeld poo poo. Disappointed it isn't what the real show is.

Sheldon's delivery is really what makes him funny.

Yeah, this might have made Sheldon more funny, he would have been more of a normal guy if he had a interest in sex, rather then being disgusted by sex in any form as he currently is. Explaining why his shortcomings (lol) in bed are an evolutionary advantage would have been funny.

I still watch the show, it still has its moments.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah I don't watch it but I've seen a couple episodes anyway and Sheldon would be a lot funnier if he was into sex but had all these scientific justifications for it. Big bootays indeed

Instead he's this weird stand in for aspergers that people laugh at because lol nerds are so funny!

Or like one of my college roommates, because they're like "I get it I'm so smart too" when the poster on page one pointed out the flaw in their delivery and jokes regarding halo etc. of course, this roommate also thought the red part of a flame was the hottest.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

lonesomedwarf posted:

like not "laugh out loud" funny but "this is more humourous than staring at a wall" funny

Would honestly rather stare at a wall

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
Big Bang Theory is pure poo poo.
It's morbid, uninsightful and shallow.

I get sad when I watch it because I don't want to see a bunch of emotionally stunted assholes make passing references to "nerd culture" in some one dimensional "plot" dead end.

I've got the mirror for that; because I see dark visions in the mirror.

Staring at wall is much better.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Hellbeard posted:

Big Bang Theory is pure poo poo.
It's morbid, uninsightful and shallow.

I get sad when I watch it because I don't want to see a bunch of emotionally stunted assholes make passing references to "nerd culture" in some one dimensional "plot" dead end.

I've got the mirror for that; because I see dark visions in the mirror.

Staring at wall is much better.

thanks for falling for the OP, autistic IDF retard guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

Spanish Manlove posted:

thanks for falling for the OP, autistic IDF retard guy

No problemo, guv. Glad I could help.

• Locked thread