Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

quakster posted:

i eagerly await the future of hollywood where every movie is like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southland_Tales

and they send a killer robot back to the past to destroy american culture while it's still young
i hope this movie's gonna be like southland tales that movie was fuckin hilarious

My Names Boxer Santaroes.. Im Mexican ANd a Mexican Police Officer.. —the ROCK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I'm mad that people are going to pay to watch this which just perpetuates this poo poo.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

a hole-y ghost posted:

umm duh thats supposed to be a phased plasma rifle, 40W range, dummy :rolleyes:

I did expect the 40W phased plasma rifle to be slightly better looking than an airsoft Galil with some bits glued to it. None of those guns look in any way real, none of the costumes/armor look in any used, none of the actors look like they actually ever fought anything in their lives. Remember when Kyle Reese and the T800 looked like hobos shooting each other with sawn off stolen guns?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

That's a painted NERF gun, lol.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
The future can't have dirty uniforms because people paid for their opinions in sandwiches keep wondering why people are starving if there's dirt everywhere.

That is not a joke. Focus grouping, it has ruined movies.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Serak posted:

Additional 'screaming while firing guns on an empty runway' photos:

reminder that someone paid good money for this advertisement

England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW
Has anyone bought up the leak about how the ultimate twist in the film is that John Carter's son happens to become John Carter's father over the course of the film?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ramsus posted:

I'm mad that people are going to pay to watch this which just perpetuates this poo poo.

Well this movie looks like total poo poo, has nothing but the vaguest connections to the original franchise, and will be instantly forgotten after it makes $200mil. Eh, I'll go see it and buy $40 in butter popcorn and redvines.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

There is no f ukcing way this picture isn't a joke, hoyl poo poo..

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Serak posted:

There is nothing about these pictures that says 'terminator'. maybe the fact that one of them has a long blue coat on but the fact that his build is so different means i don't think of 'kyle reese'.

the casting is so bad

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Milky Moor posted:

There is nothing about these pictures that says 'terminator'. maybe the fact that one of them has a long blue coat on but the fact that his build is so different means i don't think of 'kyle reese'.

the casting is so bad

Better?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Like something an amateur cosplayer with deep pockets managed to scrap together.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

again this movie series is like way way way past its prime. people getting mad about this are worse than people getting mad about the prometheus.

T3 was OK simply because it had Arnie in it. You know, THE loving TERMINATOR. The rest don't even deserve a disappointed sign.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Professor Shark posted:

new model termie

wow great an adult who wears a plastic watch, just what the world needs more of

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Doctor Dogballs posted:

wow great an adult who wears a plastic watch, just what the world needs more of
dont talk poo poo about G-Shock nerd

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

for the record i am wearing an auto winding seiko "white samurai" stainless steel

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

England Sucks posted:

Has anyone bought up the leak about how the ultimate twist in the film is that John Carter's son happens to become John Carter's father over the course of the film?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

this is the movie we have wanted to see for 30 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL4ckHJ4dZA

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Oct 31, 2014

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Xenomrph posted:

Having said that, the last series they did (Terminator: The Burning Earth) completely rules and features a war-weary John Connor contemplating suicide as Skynet starts re-nuking and chemical bombing what's left of the human race. It's also the first professional work that Alex Ross ever did, so the artwork is totally gorgeous.

drat

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Serak posted:

This is worse than Revolution and Falling Skies combined. How do you gently caress something up so badly without trying?!

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

that t-800 is photobombing the poo poo out of that picture

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

how many terminator movies are there? T1, T2, T3 and the one with christian bale, and a tv-show, right?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Professor Shark posted:

This is worse than Revolution and Falling Skies combined. How do you gently caress something up so badly without trying?!

There's no way there's anyone involved with this movie who didn't grow up in a household that pulled six figures and their helicopter parents used that to shelter them from the real world

Basically Hollywood has been taken over by the american equivalent of posh upper class twats so you can pretty much expect most action movies from here on out to be aimed at bored aristocrats wanting an escape from their boring lives of luxury

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

if this is really, really cheesy and dumb then i'm looking forward to it. who gives a poo poo about the franchise being ruined lol

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Yaldabaoth posted:

There's no way there's anyone involved with this movie who didn't grow up in a household that pulled six figures and their helicopter parents used that to shelter them from the real world

Basically Hollywood has been taken over by the american equivalent of posh upper class twats so you can pretty much expect most action movies from here on out to be aimed at bored aristocrats wanting an escape from their boring lives of luxury
thises word ... makem e touche mysaelf ........

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Attitude Indicator posted:

how many terminator movies are there? T1, T2, T3 and the one with christian bale, and a tv-show, right?

There are two Terminator movies: Terminator, and Terminator 2: Judgement Day
They are both p. good and I'm glad in my timeline they stopped at that

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Gonna need a headswap of those two gun flinging idiots.

This makes me super mad. I love terminator. Who are these marshmellow-rear end actors playing characters with the weight of humanity on their shoulders?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Take this, you robot gently caress!

Oh God, why did I pick the flamethrower?

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
This is an old geocities-internet-age one, but does someone remember the website by some sperg who wrote something that was basically detailed fanfiction of skynet concentration camps and super detailed technobabble of skynets technology? That poo poo was whack as gently caress

would still make a better movie than genisys

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Those pictures are so bad, so amateur-looking. I mean, a number of people must have had to sign them off, did no one point out how bad they look? I mean, its really funny but my god.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

It's like someone decided to remake Terminator, and make it "edgy" and "cool" to kids... and decided that this is what kids want.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Shadoer posted:

It's like someone decided to remake Terminator, and make it "edgy" and "cool" to kids... and decided that this is what kids want.

But this is current Hollywood so the kids are actually Chinese kids

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Korranus posted:

But this is current Hollywood so the kids are actually Chinese kids

Would Chinese kids think this is good? (Cause I'm guessing no)

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

henpod posted:

Those pictures are so bad, so amateur-looking. I mean, a number of people must have had to sign them off, did no one point out how bad they look? I mean, its really funny but my god.

The first two short paragraphs of this article have an interesting explanation for the pictures

I just can't get over how bad the actors are. Khaleesi O'Conner plays a woman raised by a robot with trouble dealing with human emotions? This is seriously the role she pics after being mocked for her monotone acting on GoT. I don't get it. I'm glad Arnold's in it. It is his character, like someone else said.

Why Can't they just look more like this?

I found this headshot:

Still need to get one from Sarah though if someone can try, not my sarah:

Now THIS is my sarah. gently caress yea:

Not mine:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Lonos Oboe posted:

I am just re-reading the post T-2 books that came out maybe 14-15 years ago and drat that would have been a great movie follow up. John and Sarah hide out in South America and happen to bump into the real guy who the Arnie terminator is based on. He is a retired counter terrorist operative and is kinda like Arnie in Predator. Skynet sends a human/terminator hybrid that builds a squad of t-101s and plays the long game by making sure Skynet gets built. The really cool thing is that the plot is set around 8 years after T-2 so the ages all kinda match up with the actors ages. It's basically a post T-2 fan fic and nothing to do with T-3. First one is called "infiltrator" written by S. Stirling. It's not great, but its worth a look if you are a fan. I think The Sarah Connor Chronicles was kind of based on it a bit. But as cheesy as the books and the tv show are, this new re-boot sounds like loving garbage. It's all about tone and that's the thing the later movies didn't get. Even the tv show had some great dark moments with it's characters. This film will probably try too hard to be gritty and serious and add in loads of filters and references and completely miss the point.

what are the names of the books

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

FogHelmut posted:

this is the movie we have wanted to see for 30 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL4ckHJ4dZA

no, this is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBBw9E2Q_aY

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
lol scoped flamethrower
edit: and shooting the tarmac for some reason

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

dudes head is five sizes too big for his body

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

amuayse posted:

lol scoped flamethrower
edit: and shooting the tarmac for some reason

"Them fancy electronic lazer sights are popular in those "Call of Duty" games, right? I want them on all the props. Also it would be nice if we could get Sarah or John or whoever to use an Ipad to kill the decepticons or whatever the bad robots are in this sequel."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

naem posted:

From page one but what I think is going on is there's a bigger divide between the rich and the poor now, and making the hero an upper class goober will help pull in the coveted "money nerd" demographic.

Like you have money to spend but want to escape your goobery reality.

In the 80's movie heros were charismatic Everyman types because there was a strong middle class.

This is certainly a good LF post but how will it influence The Important Terminator Series?

This Terminator Movie is important and probably will be enjoyed by someone.

• Locked thread