Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

quote:

And Ames's treatment of Russian teenage girls is documented with frightening glee. In the book he recounts one evening with an expat investment banker pal and what he thought were three 16-year-old girls:

"When I went back into the TV room, Andy pulled me aside with a worried grin on his face. 'Dude do you realize...do you know how old that Natasha is?' he said.

"'Sixteen?'

"'No! No, she's fif-teen. Fif-teen.' Right then my pervometer needle hit the red. I had to have her, even if she was homely."

After they do it, she tells him she has a three-month-old baby.

"It was hard to imagine that Natasha had squatted out a baby," Ames writes. "Her oval office was as tight as a cat's rear end....I'd slept with mothers before--they're a lot wider. Sex with them is like probing a straw in a mildew-lined German beer mug."

Later he learns that she's lying--she has no baby, but rather is four months pregnant. After she has an abortion, he writes about her in the Exile, suggesting that she be sterilized and awarded "one of those cheap trophy cups with the inscription 'World's Greatest Mom.'"

http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/beast-in-the-east/Content?oid=902762

I have no idea how this guy still has a career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The Monkey Man posted:

I have no idea how this guy still has a career.

The weak minded are easily manipulated into loyally supporting anyone who can make them feel good about themselves

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

I always preferred dolan's writing

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Who dat

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
well you gotta start somewhere..

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
well its fine because he thought she was 16 though

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

i don't know who this person is but he is bad imo

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I like his colorful euphemisms!!

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
she aint 16 bro. she fifteen. 37 hot points despite the fact shes homely

also who is this? ?????

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the exile was good except for ames being an insanely terrible person. taibbi is good. dolan is good.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Phoon posted:

whoa..

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

also ames really doesnt have much of a career

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Who the heck is mark ames?

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
Ames's comment on this passage 13 years later:

quote:

I’d be more sympathetic to Greenwald at this moment — or rather, I’m more sympathetic than I should be — if he hadn’t smeared my reporting, attacked me in defense of his fellow libertarian Joshua Foust, and sicc’d his cult worshippers after me to smear me by twisting my old eXile satire around to label me as a “child rapist.”

This is despite the fact that the book with this passage is listed as non-fiction.

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced
my pervometer readings are off the scale

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The Monkey Man posted:

Ames's comment on this passage 13 years later:

This is despite the fact that the book with this passage is listed as non-fiction.

i wouldnt be surprised if its all bullshit tbh. all of ames writting in that book is an attempt to be as edgy as possible he wrote while high as gently caress. taibbi's chapters are pretty cool though

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Who?

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced

Fark Shames

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

I'm not sure who that is OP so I'm not sure if he actually has a career or not

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
I dont know who someone is and I must tell you.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Torka posted:

I always preferred dolan's writing

gooby pls

stahp

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Rapman the Cook posted:

I dont know who someone is and I must tell you.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Ames

he doesn't seem notable or important at all and it seems like he hasn't done poo poo in years. probably shouldn't even have a wiki page. so he's basically just some child rapist who wrote a book and had a stupid blog, neat

ashgromnies fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Oct 30, 2014

greg sexyvibes
May 7, 2007
IF I EVER FIRST POST AGAIN SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO ME
Mark Ames is aatrek. mArk Ames Trek

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

ashgromnies posted:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Ames

he doesn't seem notable or important at all and it seems like he hasn't done poo poo in years. probably shouldn't even have a wiki page. so he's basically just some child rapist who wrote a book and had a stupid blog, neat

are we sure she was a child cause it is in russia after all, there's probably an exchange rate

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Holy poo poo gas GBS and ship everyone to BYOB where they'll be actively encouraged to not give a gently caress

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
mark ames sounds like a real piece of work, op

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
mark animes

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
lmao what a loving failure

quote:

On June 10, 2008, columnist Gary Brecher ("The War Nerd") published a letter on the website asking for donations from readers, saying "it takes money and we have none, zero, aren't even getting paid any more".[8] On June 19, 2008, The Daily Telegraph reported that following a government audit, the paper would cease to be printed and appear only on the internet.

boooohoooooo no one gives a poo poo about my writing enough to pay me for it *begs for money like a loving street urchin*

stop making threads about your stupid pedo friends, OP

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
why did you edit that into your post, then edit it out into a new post?

what are you doing???

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Moola posted:

why did you edit that into your post, then edit it out into a new post?

what are you doing???

there were new posts after the edit so i felt like other people deserved to see it

it's a journalism thing, like raping kids, you wouldn't understand

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
imo raping children is NOT good

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
I probably should have said "I don't understand how outlets like The Nation and Playboy employed this guy after admitting to this" instead of "I don't understand how this guy still has a career."

Some more nuggets:

quote:

It's that lack of balls that is most disappointing. Why, for instance, keep up the fiction that "Johnny Chen," the eXile's controversial pseudonymous club reviewer, actually exists? "Johnny Chen" is- surprise, surprise- Mark Ames. I know because I was present during many of Chen-Ames' sordid adventures, which were subsequently written up to the horror of the eXile's more straightlaced readers. I can only assume that Ames - wacky, speed-guzzling, on-the-edge Ames = couldn't face owning up to an infamous (and hilarious) piece describing how he rapes a devushka he drags out of a club and into his apartment.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/tmt/261541.html

quote:

“Russian women, especially on the first date, expect you to rape them,” said Mr. Ames. “They’ll go back home with you and say, ‘No, no, no,’ and if you’re an American, you’ve been trained to respect the ‘No,’ because you’re afraid of sexual harassment or date rape, and so you fail over and over. But it took me a while to learn you really have to force Russian girls, and that’s what they want, it’s like a mock rape. And then you come back here and you’re really freaked out–because you don’t know if that actually exists deep in all women’s psyches, that that’s what they all want. All relations between guys and girls is basically violent, I think. It’s all war.”

http://observer.com/2000/06/from-russia-with-lust/

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Marky mark has a dark past alright

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Xachariah posted:

are we sure she was a child cause it is in russia after all, there's probably an exchange rate

It's like dog years.

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced
Mark Ames took over as editor of NSFWCorp and brought everyone from the eXile over there before they got bought by PandoDaily. They're all still there afaik. So yeah, he's still working.

Lars!
Oct 22, 2010
I've been on the Internet since Endless September, and thought little shocked me anymore. This made my stomach churn. This man should stop breathing and die.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Phoon posted:

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

No. 6 posted:

Who dat

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
kickstarter: pay a man to punch mark ames in the dick as hard as he can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

the exile was good except for ames being an insanely terrible person. taibbi is good. dolan is good.

• Locked thread