Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Seeing as there's going to be a fair amount of news out of the Michigan athletic department for the next few months and Detroit_Dogg closed his thread which had been a convenient place for it, I figured we could use a new one to consolidate Michigan athletics news and keep it out of the aftermath threads.

Detroit_Dogg's thread, from the Shane Morris incident up to the Brandon emails.

From GoBlueWolverine:

quote:

The willingness of donors to voice their displeasure appears to be on the rise. As was mentioned on GoBlueWolverine two weeks ago, there are high ranking donors that have voiced their feelings to Schlissel during meetings over the last few months. Now comes word that some donors are planning to speak with their checkbooks.

“(Schlissel) has been told that not another penny will be given until this is resolved,” a source told GoBlueWolverine on the condition of anonymity.

Direct link to MGoBlog investigation and report on the Brandon emails: How to make friends and influence people, Dave Brandon style

Michigan alumni also upset with football ticket prices, 'corporate culture' of athletics, MLive summarizes a report from the Michigan Alumni Association that is not pretty, either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibjm1MvUaSo

So bombs away with anything relevant to the ongoing nonsense in Ann Arbor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Are we allowed to bring picnic baskets into this thread?

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
In "Brady Hoke is trying to make sure he can eventually get a job somewhere else" news, he believes that Michigan players have in fact developed as intended. Nothing like defending the O-line that got Morris killed and Gardner's ankle blown up again.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It's true when it comes to the defensive line annnnnd nope pretty much just the defensive line. He will be a very good dline coach or possibly coordinator for someone.

The o-line isn't totally his fault. Rich Rod didn't recruit the position at all and there wasn't much for Hoke to work with.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 30, 2014

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The best way to develop an O-line is to feed them Denny's four times a day

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I closed my thread because it was terribly unfunny at the end despite Dave Brandon owning a bunch of Michigan fans repeatedly.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I don't want fireworks above the thread, I want them in the thread.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I can't say that I wouldn't be tempted to be a dick to the fans who email me if I were an AD.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Groucho Marxist posted:

I don't want fireworks above the thread, I want them in the thread.

A disgusting act.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

MourningView posted:

It's true when it comes to the defensive line annnnnd nope pretty much just the defensive line. He will be a very good dline coach or possibly coordinator for someone.

The o-line isn't totally his fault. Rich Rod didn't recruit the position at all and there wasn't much for Hoke to work with.

Rich recruited it, but not the kind of guys that Hoke needed because Rich recruits Oline guys that basically can't play in anything but a spread offense. (Though our Oline w/o Rick Trickett was loving terrible.)

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I'm ready for this thread.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Thoguh posted:

A disgusting act.

Spoiler that poo poo. I almost puked at the extravagance. That's not the blue-collar, lunch-pail, workhorse, uh.... gritty Michigan I grew up with.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

C. Everett Koop posted:

I'm ready for this thread.

I hear they do this at Purdue.

Well, that and lose football games.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

PostNouveau posted:

Spoiler that poo poo. I almost puked at the extravagance. That's not the blue-collar, lunch-pail, workhorse, uh.... gritty Michigan I grew up with.

All games will now be played in a closed factory.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I am conflicted. On the one hand I think it is stupid to make fun of how a fanbase chooses to enjoy their team.

On the other, I really enjoy it when people poke fun at Old Man D.

So do I join in on the pic-a-nic basket jokes or not?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol i'm sorry your football team is bad

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Oct 31, 2014

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Zurreco posted:

I hear they do this at Purdue.

Well, that and lose football games.

wazzu does this, we also lose football games. it checks out

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

sweet thursday posted:

The best way to develop an O-line is to feed them Denny's four times a day

Jim Bollman account spotted

MourningView posted:

Honestly, even saying the D-line developed is a bit suspect. Their D-line is decent to good, but with the talent they were pulling there, it's still underachieving even there. And frankly the O-line is a similar story. The dude pulled 4 and 5-star prospects with ease there the past three years, and you still have poo poo like Kyle Kalis having a literal battle to start with a walk-on.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

quote:

angelique ‏@chengelis

I am told by several sources there will be a 1:30 press conference at UM involving the president to discuss AD Dave Brandon

Being reported by numerous sources now.

:dance: :suspense:

Karmalaa70
Jun 15, 2006
Brandon fired on Halloween is a pretty, pretty, pretty good treat.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Gonna be "Dave Brandon is a great guy and now lets all have some delicious dominos pizza"

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I just hope whoever fires him shows up in costume. It would be amazing if he is fired by Mayor McCheese.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 6m6 minutes ago
Dave Brandon is resigning as Michigan’s AD, source told @ESPN. Press conference this afternoon

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Genuinely surprised Hoke outlasted Brandon

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh this should be fun :munch:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

This would be an appropriate day to lock him in a windmill and set it on fire though

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Genuinely surprised Hoke outlasted Brandon

I've heard all year long that Hoke would survive the year, and they were trying to get Brandon out as soon as possible.

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NPqOOErP5I

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

AsInHowe posted:

I've heard all year long that Hoke would survive the year, and they were trying to get Brandon out as soon as possible.

That lummox couldn't follow concussion protocol and played a loving concussed player then played dumb about it afterwards. How the gently caress was he not fired that week.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Neil Armbong posted:

That lummox couldn't follow concussion protocol and played a loving concussed player then played dumb about it afterwards. How the gently caress was he not fired that week.

Because people didn't want Brandon strongarming his way into another coaching search by any means necessary.

That being said, this is the happiest I've been about something Michigan-related since the 2011 Ohio State game.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Neil Armbong posted:

Seeing as Brandon would have the responsibility for firing him, why are you surprised he wasn't?

Karmalaa70
Jun 15, 2006
Also, no way a Friend of Lloyd would have been canned abruptly like that.

Rich Rod? Oh, they'd have fired the poo poo out of him on the way to the locker room.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Deteriorata posted:

Seeing as Brandon would have the responsibility for firing him, why are you surprised he wasn't?

I kinda figured Brandon would sacrifice Hoke as a last ditch attempt to save himself

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
wooooooooooooooooooooo

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
So who's getting blamed when Michigan still sucks in 5 years?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Groucho Marxist posted:

the new administration?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Groucho Marxist posted:

Why would they suck when they're hiring Jack, Jim, and John Harbaugh this offseason?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Gonna have to call my mom about this later, she's pissed about the state of the football program but also gave Brandon a lot of credit for investing in new facilities and revenue to sports programs that don't normally make money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEntZUx24s8

• Locked thread