Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Well, I guess I realized I hit rock bottom back around march of 2005 while I was getting fingerblasted by one of the Fruit of the Loom guys. I can't remember if it was Green Grape or Purple Grape since I was putting a lot of oxycodone in my nose at that point. I just mostly remember waking up a couple hours later and realizing that my holes are better than to be savaged by men in fruit suits and ever since my life has been getting better :unsmith:

We've all had that moment when we reevaluated our lives and made the change to better ourselves. When was yours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
When I realized replying "im gay" left me feeling empty inside...

Faithless
Dec 1, 2006
clicked this thread

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Faithless posted:

clicked this thread

ThisGuy
Aug 16, 2014

This Fuckin' Guy
Probably junior year of college for me. I was living in a studio appartment and didn't have any friends to speak of. I read a lot of books, drank, and was sad.

It was good in that I now have a reference point when life gets me down again

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
hmm let me see

edit: Dec 26, 2006

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

^^^^^
joik

march 2, 2005

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
this weekend when i was lifting chairs over my head to impress people on this forum. others did too and now we share a secret shame.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I don't have a rock bottom baby just a glass ceiling

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
gay4pay

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

i'll rock your bottom op

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

killed six millions jews. not my proudest moment, but it was all uphill from there

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

ThisGuy posted:

Probably junior year of college for me. I was living in a studio appartment and didn't have any friends to speak of. I read a lot of books, drank, and was sad.

It was good in that I now have a reference point when life gets me down again

same but replace books with internet

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
Keep digging!

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
1. Face your opponent.

2. Wrap your arm around your opponent's neck.

3. Throw your opponent's arm over your shoulder.

4. Put your hand behind your opponent's back to help you lift him up.

5. Remove hand from his back just as you slam him onto the ground, using your body weight to add force. You have to go down with your opponent.

6. As you fall, make sure one arm is outstretched, in a one arm push-up position. This will cushion your fall.

7. Get up and do the People's elbow.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
i screwed up my credit irreparably in my late teens/early twenties. got hooked on coke not too long afterwards. lost my house, lost my car

there is a wonderland below rock bottom. that wonderland is called "i just plain don't give a flying gently caress anymore, see y'all in hell. hail satan"

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014
while mining

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

I used unironically, unironically

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014
still plummeting

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...

Jabronie posted:

1. Face your opponent.

2. Wrap your arm around your opponent's neck.

3. Throw your opponent's arm over your shoulder.

4. Put your hand behind your opponent's back to help you lift him up.

5. Remove hand from his back just as you slam him onto the ground, using your body weight to add force. You have to go down with your opponent.

6. As you fall, make sure one arm is outstretched, in a one arm push-up position. This will cushion your fall.

7. Get up and do the People's elbow.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

poorlifedecision posted:

When I realized replying "im gay" left me feeling empty inside...

There's a secret step 2 that goons haven't shared with you (it's someone elses cock to fill the emptiness)

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
life is full of various different rock bottoms ill get to hit

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
Dressing up as a fruit of the loom guy and fingerbanging Gypsum Fantastic's alter ego

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Alas Boobylon posted:

while mining for bitcoins

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

Business Gorillas posted:

Well, I guess I realized I hit rock bottom back around march of 2005 while I was getting fingerblasted by one of the Fruit of the Loom guys. I can't remember if it was Green Grape or Purple Grape since I was putting a lot of oxycodone in my nose at that point. I just mostly remember waking up a couple hours later and realizing that my holes are better than to be savaged by men in fruit suits and ever since my life has been getting better :unsmith:

We've all had that moment when we reevaluated our lives and made the change to better ourselves. When was yours?

Pretty sure you got your paradigm wrong and that getting fingerblasted by a Fruit-of-the-Loom guy while rocked out on oxy was in fact the high point of your life.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

exspurt analcyst posted:

Pretty sure you got your paradigm wrong and that getting fingerblasted by a Fruit-of-the-Loom guy while rocked out on oxy was in fact the high point of your life.

please don't trivialize my hardships, thanks

Bike without wheels
Jan 2, 2005

this post
when did I hit ground floor you mean?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

other rock bottoms:

- jerking off to the sex tape your ex gave you to show you that she was cheating on you
- hassling a child for their ice cream when you're lactose intolerant
- seriousposting in e/n
- being a member of the military

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

other rock bottoms:

- jerking off to the sex tape your ex gave you to show you that she was cheating on you

I know this gets said a lot, but hosed up if true.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
this year was probably rock bottom for me. did a lot of stupid poo poo, got arrested, my dad ran off to another country to die alone, ive slowly pushed my wife away emotionally to the point where i feel like we don't even know each other anymore... woo

i think things're starting to turn around though :unsmith:

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

other rock bottoms:

- hassling a child for their ice cream when you're lactose intolerant
- seriousposting in e/n
- being a member of the military

lol at all these

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Michael Corleone posted:

this weekend when i was lifting chairs over my head to impress people on this forum. others did too and now we share a secret shame.

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

riiiiiiiiiiight... now

naem
May 29, 2011

One this girl and I broke up, and then I moved and had to find a job.

It seemed pretty devastating at the time for some reason.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
unintentional autoban because I truly don't know what the gently caress i'm doing here. A whole month before re-regging; it was agony.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Faithless posted:

clicked this thread

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

most rock bottom moment I can remember was in my late teenage years.

bought some mystery research chemicals to eat after work on a Friday. I was horrible at being a human though, and consistently was in poor health from rarely eating and then only eating junk food when I finally did eat. Also, I would only get 2-4 hours of sleep at night.

so i was a highschool dropout tired from working a low paying job all day, whose only food in the last 24+ hours was a bag of microwave popcorn and hot wings. I also distinctly remember being exhausted from little or no sleep the night before. I take 5 hits of "acid" and in 20 minutes begin to feel truly dreadful. By 40 minutes I'm feeling really out of it and I can tell I'm about to puke. I lurch over to my dirty bathroom and open the toilet only to discover a huge roach floating in the middle. I remember the sight of that roach triggering wave after wave of vomit but since I was starting to trip and felt so lovely, the image of a roach in a dirty toilet somehow also symbolized my life. It was a perfect moment of dismal feelings.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
i've had a ton of low moments, but pawning my demented grandmother's treasured jewelry to buy smack might be the lowest. That or loving my friend's wife. The loving part wasn't too bad, but the getting caught part wasn't much fun for anyone. Fortunately i'm well-adjusted now tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
I was 28 when I needed to stop the poo poo i was doing. I quit everything cold turkey. Months later when I was back in charge of my life I had a couple beers and got violently ill. To this day alcohol makes me violently ill.

Dont end up like me. Dont stop drinking. 14 years of sobriety sucks.

• Locked thread