Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
If you do Mongolia you must only use non-mechanized calvary divisions for the army :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

FYI you should go through the files for the AUS and USA generals and remove duplicates from the CSA general list. Far too often does George C Marshall end up fighting George C Marshall when I play the 2nd ACW.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

True but I'll settle for Maurice Rose kicking Patton's rear end up and down the Carolinas.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Also a not-insignificant number of CSA politicians were buried in the Kremlin Wall Necropolis in the '20s.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Considering this wasn't made for KR, I think Wrangl was a good choice for the Russian nazi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZqVOFSYRWI

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

ArchRanger posted:

How did you manage to get the events to choose your starting government? Events like this one always seem to trigger the instant the CSA declares independence so the AI has already made those decisions before I can save and reload as them, even with the game set to pause whenever a nation declares independence.

Pause when the event that spawns them triggers, push button and while still paused, save the game.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Kellsterik posted:

If I recall, there wasn't much American representation among the developers and the US has less flavor events like that than Europe does.

Well there's always the Ronald Reagan gets killed flavor event that exists for no clear reason.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

GSD posted:

The Italian Federation can also get a national populist pope. Who wouldn't want a fascist pope?

Whoever told Benedict to gently caress off behind the scenes doesn't want one.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

I would like it if you named one of our battleships or carriers the CSS John Brown. Thanks.

Amended and seconded.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Because gently caress Douglas MacArthur forever, that's why.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Chief Savage Man posted:

How did I not know this existed?

Dschinghis Khan is fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUCnvA9Jl-U&t=15s

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Kavak posted:

There aren't any more for the CSA that I know of

There should be some more actually as Reed is still alive.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Chief Savage Man posted:

No and then about it. The Pacific States are a proud member of the Entente.

Jesus what would that be, like a 3,500 mile long front?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Kavak posted:

I don't know what specifically prompted them to kill him off, but I'm sure it was a good reason.

The story I heard was that a leftist dev early in the mods life threw it in because gently caress Reagan.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

James Garfield posted:

I'm playing CSA and France declined the Alsace-Lorraine or war event :geno:
Will the world war happen anyway or do I have to manipulate it via alliances?

IIRC the AI will at some point in the future get a 'gently caress it attack anyway' event that will trigger the war.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Chief Savage Man posted:

Plus the liberation of German workers through nuclear annihilation isn't really the optimistic storyline I envisioned.

You're simply liberating their constituent atoms from their bonds. :v:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Chief Savage Man posted:

I would and I have loaded up as some nations to kick the narrative in the rear end (nothing I've written yet). The problem is that I would need to release Austria as a puppet, kick them from the alliance, and then attack and annex them, with a considerable wait in between.

Claim their territory and use acceptall to demand their land?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Does Kurdistan have any events? The independence struggle against the ottomans might be fun but I dunno if they can go anywhere since I've never not seen them get eaten.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Arbite posted:

Seems like there's a lot of effort being put into the mod for syndicalism but the where's the push for global Catholicism?

This is a good point, I don't think I've seen northern Italy, Austria and carlist Spain together in a world where they didn't hate each other. A catholic league series of events would be cool though I know Xavier has a Mediterranean league or something.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

A Tenth Crusade

The Catholic League vs. the Arab bloc. Or a team up to crush Protestant Germany.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Mister Bates posted:

An invasion of the Ottoman Empire to recapture Constantinople for Christendom.

Russia gets a pentarchy mission if you restore the tsar and put the patriarch in as HoG.

E: are you taking notes kavak?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Which wasn't really the worst thing since Britain and France nearly always jumped in and if you managed to trigger the peace event you already have truces with the west or have utterly smashed the armies they repeatedly dump in Petrograd and the Crimea.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

CommissarMega posted:

I remember one anecdote from the liberation of Paris where Hemingway wanted to go out and hunt down any remaining Nazis with a machine gun, or summat of the sort. So yeah, I think this characterization of him as some gung-ho madman is perfectly all right.

Yeah he went native during the liberation of Paris and started acting like a FFI big shot carrying around guns and wanting to torture prisoners for info.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

Wait, how is this guy the bad guy?

The Cold War.

e:

:laffo:

quote:

Whereas the Red Skull symbolizes Nazism, Flag-Smasher symbolizes anti-patriotism.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

paragon1 posted:

I think a good old "inevitable escalation after some shells a border town" event would be a good way to force the war.

Or just rewrite the ambassador gets ganked event and make it the triggering cause.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Kavak posted:

EDIT:

Where would that trigger an International-Mitteleuropa showdown, though? Mittelafrika?

Some damned foolish thing in the Balkans.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

It sounds like a cross of the modern day military unions mentioned above and the soldiers committees the soviets played around with before realizing that militaries are organized hierarchically for a reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Chief Savage Man posted:

The Carlists have been at the gates of Madrid for a while now so the Kingdom of Spain couldn't do anything if they wanted to. They're neutral towards us so the strait is open, only the Bosphorus is closed to everybody except allies.

You might want to check out the Spanish states, in my experience they all run out of manpower before one of them can win the war.