Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
I usually ignore everything west of the Mississippi and try to cut the CSA in half around Ohio as soon as possible. That gives me a bit more breathing room while I reduce the pocket in the north and hold the line against the AUS. It really helps if the PSA decides to rejoin the union because they bring their entire OOB with them when they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

The AUS can try to form a temporary alliance with the CSA if they're getting their faces kicked in, but it almost certainly won't happen in this LP (because we're the CSA and thus the ones doing the face kicking) and really makes no sense to me since Long's entire platform is basically 'gently caress Syndicalism'.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Wow, I have NEVER seen the soviets do that well in the Russian civil war. Did nobody help the Whites?

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

I thought it was heavy cruisers with torpedoes you were supposed to spam. I recall reading in one of the threads around here that they're immune to subs for some reason and can slaughter just about everything else.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Potooweet posted:

A lot of countries have events about what you want to do with them after you conquer them, which is fine. Unfortunately, some of them trigger whenever the country is annexed for any reason, even if it doesn't make any sense. "Germany annexes Austria, no wait just kidding" is probably the most prominent example.

Yeah, in the last version as Russia I would never do the second Treaty of Brest-Litovsk because for some reason I kept getting an event afterwards where Germany wanted me to give them back White Ruthenia, which I had just integrated. I just wish there was a way to knock them out of the war entirely after they gently caress off to Africa in the other decisions because they can't do poo poo at that point anyhow.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Fun fact, if Reed wins the election the CSA starts with Washington. It's not a core, but it denies the feds like 13 IC or so so it's still a plus.

In semi-related news, the CSA won the civil war in my Russia game, but went totalist and then got stomped by Canada somehow.
Also does anyone have another link for the KR unit cards? Mediafire's not working for me.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Yeah but he's got an enormous advantage in manpower and industry so I really doubt he'll have any issues even if something crazy like a Nat. French amphibious invasion of the eastern seaboard happens. Or if Cuba decides to take Florida.

Yes, I have seen both of those things happen, why do you ask? :v:

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

PSA should also get the option to name it after Emperor Norton I.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

I do wish they had a better flag though. Red and black just isn't doing it for me.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Eh, I'm more fond of the CoF and UoB flags personally. I guess it's just that the CSA flag looks like it could be used for anybody (which is probably the point, actually).

How come the AUS gets four potential flags while the CSA has just the one anyway?

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Monopoly returns to its origins as a warning on the dangers of capitalism, still boring.

Star Wars is pretty much the same, except the Imperials have German accents. The prequels still suck.

Batman is a factory worker instead of a billionaire, but somehow still has a shitton of awesome toys.

Call of Duty has levels revolving around Spokane, history spergs complain about how much they got wrong.

A large number of war movies playing up the PSA and New Englanders as hapless pawns of the Canadian king.

e; Bitcoin is even more of a joke somehow.

Grizzwold fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 16, 2015

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

"MacArthur did nothing wrong" becomes a common shitpost on SA when discussing politics. :v:

Does the CSA have any events regarding religion or anything like that? It's pretty deeply ingrained in American culture (such as it is), so I can't imagine they'd go the route of state atheism like the USSR can. Still would be interesting to see though.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Too bad we're not also using the mobility focus tree, although that might be a bit much when coupled with the CSA's industry and manpower.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

The AI in most paradox games is really bad at fighting overseas wars, so it's not that surprising. It would probably just be a temporary setback at this point anyhow.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Isn't it two? I know that one of the options for the early 'death of Stanley Bruce' event is to go syndicalist, and I think France gets a special coup event for them later. I might be misremembering, but I know that Japan and maybe Germany can also coup them.

Yeah the Entente is really just a bunch of minor powers trying to pretend they're relevant.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Russia gets events to pick an alliance, but they don't fire until 1942 :psyduck:, by which time the war is mostly over anyhow.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

I never did like how if you pick the carriers option with reforming the navy you don't get any blueprints for actual carriers, only the doctrines. It's annoying having to do all that teching up.

Actually I generally hate being behind in tech in these sorts of games anyway.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

What doctrine did Russia decide to go with? It probably doesn't matter at this point but if you do end up fighting them and they went mobility things are probably going to end poorly.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

South Africa? Dunno if that'd actually count but we are mopping up Africa so why not end apartheid early?

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

I wonder if the CSA would prefer taking Hawaii back as a strategic base in the Pacific or just installing a friendly government. Honestly I could see them going either way depending on who's in charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

D,E