Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Huey Long for Best Kaiserreich America.

Reed is ok too though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheMcD posted:

Yeah, the ACW never not happens, with one bugged exception: If you elect Long and stay moderate, you can skirt by without triggering anything. Clearly, this proves Long USA is best USA.

I had that happen to me entirely by accident. I was quite confused.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
MacArthur! :argh:

I like how he is titled The American Tyrant when he is head of state in this way though.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
On the alternate-ideology note, is that why Wrangel is the nat-pop Russian option? I never got why he would be the more extreme option than Denikin or other White leaders. He certainly isn't comparable to Ungern-Sternberg at least. My impression is that he was picked for that just because he has the cool nickname of The Black Baron. But maybe I'm missing something?

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't think I have ever seen Washington be defended. :shrug:

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

GrossMurpel posted:

The actual way is to annex all the civil war factions and release USA as a puppet.

When I did that, I was very disappointed to find that I could not crown Edward VIII as King of America.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Eugene V. Debs needs more representation in CSA flavor events. Too bad he is presumably dead in this timeline too. (and even if not he'd be 80 at the startdate)

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope Ungern-Sternberg goes full, well, Ungern-Sternberg.
Or if not here, then in one of the mini-lps down the line. Maybe the Qing one :getin:.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nckdictator posted:

I'm finding it pretty hilarious that Norman Thomas is our head of intelligence seeing as he was a Christian pacifist. Oh god, he's going to be purged,isn't he? :ohdear:

The Union of Britain can make Eric Arthur Blair (ie George Orwell) their head of security. Even better, he can coup the government under a Totalist Union of Britain because he can standby the injustice no longer.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

RZApublican posted:

And if I remember correctly the coup is done with the help of T.E. Lawrence, which can branch off into an even-more insane event tree wherein Lawrence can try to bring back the royal family and ignite a new civil war.

Lawrence can be made interim head of state if I recall. He can then be revealed as a secret royalist (!). There is at least one other route to getting him launch a counterrevolution, which involves a less convoluted route (but by extension a far less amusing one).

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

Isn't CS Lewis also a Totalist character?

He's in there somewhere, I don't remember what his alignment is though.

Tolkien is in South Africa, I believe.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mexico went with the military council over Pancho Villa, right?

You should fix that.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Italian Federation can also get a national populist pope. Who wouldn't want a fascist pope?

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Time to build a navy!

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chief Savage Man posted:

Yes, in Mongolia land, the election goes forward, Reed wins, MacArthur eventually coups, the war plays out, MacArthur wins, and now I am seeing democratic elections with MacArthur running as a Republican. I think the war itself is inevitable but even if MacArthur acts like a tyrant, it's possible for a restoration of democracy.

It is technically possible to avoid the war, but it is an oversight. If you elect Long and stay moderate on his reforms, the war just never triggers.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
That France :stare:.
I hope they're Totalists.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

What is the rest of the world doing while the Mongols go apeshit on Asia, anyways? Like, are they all just looking at each other and shrugging, or are they prepping for war, or are they busy fighting each other, or what?

The complete and utter collapse of the German Empire at the hands of the French Syndicalists might be distracting them.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cavalry Paratroopers.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
That mod oversight is way more impressive than the oversight or glitch I encountered last time I played Mongolia. I happened to be at war with Japan at the same time as the Qing were at war with Japan. We weren't allied or anything, we just hadn't came to blows just yet. Japan got some treaty event with the Qing, Pu Yi accepted...and for some reason it also ended my war with Japan. It left me a tad confused for a few moments when I tried to figure out why I was suddenly at peace. Not a big impediment over all, but strange none the less.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Belligerence is the closest thing DH has to badboy, but it does exactly 2 things: 1, allow democracies to declare on you and 2, make the AI more willing to declare on you. So it does very, very little. Bulgaria's declaration is probably the only impact from our utterly insane belligerance we will see in the Mongolia game, for instance.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't wait to see the Mongolian version of Wolfenstein: the New Order.

"We're going to have to defeat.... The Mad Baron's Space Cavalry."

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Captain Bravo posted:

Why do you assume the Mongolians would be the bad guys? You tell me the Khan doesn't sound suspiciously similar to BJ.

Because the other option - France - is really boring :colbert:.

Plus the propaganda art for the Mongolian Empire is only a tad SS-ish, what with all the lightningbolts.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheMcD posted:

The greatest thing about South Africa I saw was when I was playing a Commune of France game, SA went syndicalist, requested entry into the Internationale, I granted it, and right after that they went "NO NEVER MIND WE CHANGED OUR MIND" and left again. It was so loving stupid that it ended up being brilliant.

"Hooray for the Internationale! ...Wait, we have to provide military support? Uh. How about we just provide moral support instead?"

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
We should have put Pancho Villa in charge :colbert:.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zeroisanumber posted:

Waters might be a good character to add to an event, but the Bonus March probably wouldn't have happened if the US had stayed out of WWI since it was directly tied to how long a soldier served during wartime.

Adding events for the major Modernist authors would be fairly easy. What kind of book would John Steinbeck write in the event of a SA victory? What does Scott Fitzgerald think of Hemingway's involvement in the CSA government?

For that matter, what's Hollywood doing during all of this? The studio system was in full swing and hundreds of classic movies were made during the Kaiserreich period. What film does Charlie Chaplin make instead of The Great Dictator? How is the PSA benefited by having the vast majority of the biggest stars from the Golden Age of Hollywood working for them?

Major League Baseball is easily and by far the most popular entertainment in the USA at the time. Does it start back up after the war?

Charle Chaplain is mentioned as making some pro-Combined Syndicates movie, released shortly before elections. It gets censored.

edit: and now that I look it up, it is "only" Modern Times. For some reason I thought it was something else.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mister Bates posted:

Chaplin doesn't get mentioned after that because he's a possible government minister for the Combined Syndicates.

That is fantastic. Is he a Foreign Minister? Please say he is a potential Foreign Minister.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just the idea of Charlie Chaplain, Master Diplomat sounded amusing. Being an actor has to help with diplomacy, right?

Also because none of the other minister positions seemed to make sense in my mind.

As for what personality he'd have as a theoretical foreign minister, hmm. I would need to go over the options, I don't know the personalities off the top of my head. Ideological Crusader, as he satirizes other ideologies? ... Great Compromiser, as he charms other diplomats by satirizing their enemies? I don't know. It wasn't meant to be the most serious of suggestions (though having him go on diplomatic missions still sounds :allears: )

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I had Germany declare war on the Ottomans in one game.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chief Savage Man posted:

I had to give them some kind of motivation other than "Psych!!"

I never got why South Africa even got the event to turn down joining an alliance that they asked to join. They can do it with the Internationale (and Mittelfrika? whatever other alliance they can seek) too on the rarer occasion they decide to do that.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grizzwold posted:

Yeah, in the last version as Russia I would never do the second Treaty of Brest-Litovsk because for some reason I kept getting an event afterwards where Germany wanted me to give them back White Ruthenia, which I had just integrated. I just wish there was a way to knock them out of the war entirely after they gently caress off to Africa in the other decisions because they can't do poo poo at that point anyhow.

I had one game where all of German Africa got occupied, after Germany got kicked out of Europe, but the war never ended because Germany still held 1 or 2 islands in the pacific worth a single VP each.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is Konoe Fumimaro up to anything in KR Japan? I don't see why he wouldn't be the head of the house of peers, as he was in OTL. His writings are probably specifically anti-German in KR, but otherwise he seems like he'd be in a fairly similar position. He seems like he should be doing something at least, considering his immense popularity and prestige among the populace. Plus he's a Fujiwara, and a Fujiwara in government in the 20th century is just magical.

He could be the front man for some aristocratic dominance of the government, as a rejection of both the parties and the military. I guess like the aristocratic democracy route Russia gets. Or he could lead a Nat-Pop mass party into power, as the army wanted him to in OTL, which could present a different way for Japan to go full nat-pop. Or maybe he became Lord Keeper of the Privy Seal, as he tried and failed to become in OTL, to give him a role that keeps him out of the spot light.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The main reason he didn't get the Lord Keeper job in real life was the court thought he was too friendly with the army, which might not be the case in this timeline.

Though if the election events for Japan ever do get expanded to include options outside the main two parties, the Social Mass(es) Party are probably the one most easily justified.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Finally North America will be entirely free of imperialists, royalists and reactionaries.

Then onto the rest of the world.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I assumed Germany's intervention was more successful than the OTL intervention due to the same space bats or whatever they used to win WW1.

Does Japan still stage the Siberian Intervention in KR?

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The German coup of Australia event has always worked weirdly for me. Or at least the last time I saw it at least. It made Edward VIII the head of state, which seemed strange considering the event also entailed them joining Mitteleuropa. :v:

Edit: one time I saw both Russia and the US decide to join the Entente, which made them a fair bit scarier. Don't think they ended up doing anything with their newfound strength though.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I always like when the French Nationalists restore the kingdom and Germany beats up the Commune and makes its own puppet monarchy, resulting in two entities called the Kingdom of France. The different flags distinguish them in pop ups, but as far as the log is concerned they are indistinguishable. :v:

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Brazil also goes syndicalist fairly often. Usually at least two other South American states go syndicalist and they form an alliance, but which ones are fairly random. Only Argentina and Chile can't, as far as I can remember. But sometimes you get the rare option like in this game and only one goes that route.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

paragon1 posted:

Did the Ottoman's claim to be inheriting Rome's legacy? I didn't think they did.

Mehmed II took the title of Kayser-i-Rūm, so he certainly thought he inherited their legacy.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dibujante posted:

It's really hard to say. To make him the inheritor of Rome's legacy, he would have to adopt Rome's institutions to some extent. Did he? Or is successors? At that point, Rome was an ecclesiastically-endorsed semi-dynastic dictatorship, but not monarchy. Mehmed II most definitely intended to rule as a monarch, and the structure of the Ottoman Empire seems like it was strictly monarchical. That said, some of its power struggles seem fairly Roman (there's nothing the Romans excelled at more than power struggles), although rather than assassinating and overthrowing their leaders, the Ottomans would generally assassinate one and trot out someone else from the dynasty.

Of course, this distinction may simply have been a result of the fact that the Ottoman sultans often had lots of heirs and the Romans often had very few. Maybe there wasn't really an institutional difference.

He inherited the only parts that mattered: the fancy city and the fancy titles. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chief Savage Man posted:

I wonder if a lot of the elaborate and intertwined event chains could be replaced by the National Goals system. I'm not a hundred percent sure on how it works though but what I'm imagining is awesome.

We are 30 days from achieving Kerensky's Assassination!

(the national focus system looks cool)