Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

imo a cheeseburger consists of a bun, some type of ground meat formed into a patty and fried, pickles, cheese, and a sauce of some type (mayo, mustard, ketchup, or even bbq sauce.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions – on a sesame seed bun

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

100% tofu-based patty with vegan harm free cheese substitute and locally sourced vegetables, on fresh baked bread from the farmer's market, op

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
No matter how I try I cant picture a cheeseburger, the cheese keeps sliding off every time I imagine slapping it on.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZc9zdEL0Tk

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I can see cheeseburgers normally from 20 feet away, so I guess I got 20/20 cheeseburger vision.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
My vision of a cheeseburger would shatter your preconceived notions about the nature of reality.

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer

This is a cheeseburger I made, then I ate it. It was loving delicious and when I think of cheeseburgers this is what I think of; it is against this sandwich that I measure all other cheeseburgers.

They have all been found wanting.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

two pieces of bread, some cheese, and a ground meat patty which is cooked (usually grilled but fried on a griddle is ok too)

i put other stuff on cheeseburgers but they're not necessary to make it a cheeseburger

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
I loving hare cheeseburgers.

Hamburgers are delicious but putting cheese on any ground meat that isn't in a taco shell is gross.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

gizmojumpjet posted:

This is a cheeseburger I made, then I ate it. It was loving delicious and when I think of cheeseburgers this is what I think of; it is against this sandwich that I measure all other cheeseburgers.

this looks like an exceptional cheeseburger.

a hole-y ghost posted:

two pieces of bread, some cheese, and a ground meat patty which is cooked (usually grilled but fried on a griddle is ok too)

i put other stuff on cheeseburgers but they're not necessary to make it a cheeseburger

aren't pickles an essential part of a burger? i think they're just as central to the composition of a burger as the bun or meat but people have different opinions about this

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

gizmojumpjet posted:

look sike you missed when you placecd the brger on the bun

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
spanish manlove would have you believe that the ideal burger is a chicken sandwich lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
bottom half of a hoagie roll, 10/90 lean chuck stil hints of pink inside, sharp cheddar, lettuce, tomato, onion

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

gizmojumpjet posted:

did you even toast that bun you irredeemable piece of trash :cripes:

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Lightly-buttered, toasted potato bun with two very-slightly rare all-beef patties, a slice of a cheese on each (one cheddar or pepperjack, one American) and topped with four strips of bacon. Sauces determined by current mood and craving.

If I ate one of these each day I'd probably lop 15 years off my life, but I think my increase in overall happiness would be an even trade-off.

fake edit: yeah i don't put vegetation on my burger, burn me at the stake why dont ya

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Sweet Tea posted:

aren't pickles an essential part of a burger? i think they're just as central to the composition of a burger as the bun or meat but people have different opinions about this
i don't think so. they make it better but a burger to me is essentially a ground meat sandwich

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

every great burger i've ever eaten has contained pickles i just don't see how you can have a burger without one

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i dont necessarily think a burger is good without pickles but that doesn't make it not a burger in my mind

for the record when i make cheeseburgers i grill a beef patty, put a slice of mild cheddar on top to melt in the last couple minutes of grilling, toast the buns on the grill briefly, and top the burger with caramelized onions, green leaf lettuce, thinly sliced tomato, fresh guacamole, and pickles.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sweet Tea posted:

every great burger i've ever eaten has contained pickles i just don't see how you can have a burger without one

pickles are too phallic imo

EllisD
Mar 14, 2004

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT!?
Blue cheese, bacon, grilled onions, portabello mushrooms, asiago sesame scallion bun.

and da beef too obv

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
2 pieces of sourdough bread, a piece of lettuce, like 5 grilled chicken tenders, and honey mustard

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Some of my favorites.

Bun, Beef, Sauteed Onions, bacon, cheddar, bbq sauce.

Bun, Beef, Sauteed Mushrooms, swiss cheese, a-1 sauce.

I'm aso a fan of the simple bun, beef, cheddar, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, ketchup.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

EllisD posted:

Blue cheese, bacon, grilled onions, portabello mushrooms, asiago sesame scallion bun.

and da beef too obv

woah; a vegetarian cheese burger is just a grilled cheese sandwich

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

california roll posted:

2 pieces of sourdough bread, a piece of lettuce, like 5 grilled chicken tenders, and honey mustard

there isn't even cheese on that you yutz

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

LifeSizePotato posted:

there isn't even cheese on that you yutz

the cheese is in his heart, cholesterolized.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
Cheeseburgers can be whatever you want as long as there is meat, cheese, and bun...

I love them all... but the basic is best... bun, burger (medium), cheese (american), onion (lots of it, white and raw)... and ketchup.

Disclaimer: American cheese sucks as a stand alone cheese.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

EllisD posted:

and da beef too obv

change the bun to a martins potato roll and thats my burg.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

I prefer a California cheeseburger myself

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
3 feet tall
no teeth
able to stand for the duration of a 3OT NHL game in the event of
flat head to put my beer on

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

Bun, Beef, Sauteed Onions, bacon, cheddar, bbq sauce.

bbq is probably my favorite sauce for a burger when i don't go for plain ketchup.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I'm half asleep. I come to full consciousness with a start, my heart pounding, pulling the blanket tighter but starting to sweat. A foot shadow under the door. The smell. That smell. I close my eyes when he opens the door. He puts a hand on my shoulder and slides it to my elbow pushing the blanket down. I peek through, see his bacon exposed out the end of his toasted bun. The meat of his body perfectly medium. I start salivating.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
well I would start with 27,000% pure Grade A beef

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

A cheeseburger consists of a bread bun, split horizontally, and between the two slices is placed a cooked patty of ground meat or meat substitute and some amount of cheese or cheese-like substance.

Other ingredients may be added but are not necessary for a food-item to be defined as a "cheeseburger".

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I had a chessburger once it was terrible i said check mate and paid the bill in australia.

YourHealthyColon
Nov 21, 2013
it has to be mustard. toast and butter the bun too

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 257 days!)

I would begin by laying out the 2 ply Brawny paper towels (which are actually .1mm, rather than the .07mm which most generic brands have). I would then cook them delicately in a sauce pan (to keep the grease from splattering), ensuring to flip them every few seconds while blotting them with the paper towel (hereby called P.T. for the sake of less typing). Each patty requires at least 3 minutes per side of 90% convection nearing 200F at the 1600 feet it is in Minot.

I often cook many hamburger patties just to see the differences in how the muscle and meat stretches, which brings us to the interesting idea of computing the surface of a meat sphere..

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

two meat patties, cheese, letuce. One single layer of french fries on the bottom and one on top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
if some wiseass bumbles in and talks about putting pineapple on a burger SO HELP ME GOD Imma gently caress poo poo up

• Locked thread