Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Sweet Tea posted:

no you're an idiot it's gotta have pickles stupid
look man we played nicely until now. lets just say one of these days... youre gonna bit into ur burg and there will be no pickles...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

also nobody has actually ever made anything out of modernist cuisine it's like a crazy futuristic conception of food that you put on your coffee table and never attempt. if you're trying to look at it like betty crockers kitchen companion you're making a huge mistake

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

a hole-y ghost posted:

youre gonna bit into ur burg and there will be no pickles...

:stonk:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sweet Tea posted:

also nobody has actually ever made anything out of modernist cuisine it's like a crazy futuristic conception of food that you put on your coffee table and never attempt. if you're trying to look at it like betty crockers kitchen companion you're making a huge mistake

alright that makes more sense now

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
trigger warning on this burger thread

im gonna hvae to go burg out now

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
im an equal opportunity burgerer-er(er?)

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Sweet Tea posted:

still pretty stupid and no better in my eyes than epic meal time bacon beast lols

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

a hole-y ghost posted:

still pretty stupid and no better in my eyes than epic meal time bacon beast lols

it's similarly over the top but in a more interesting way imo. nobody would put an entire maitake mushroom (i've never seen this for sale in a store or at a restaurant once in my life) sauteed in beef suet or sous vide lettuce on a burger they make for themselves that's just ridiculous. it's supposed to be an idyllic fantasy burger though, not a real life burger. also there's no pickles on it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a hole-y ghost posted:

don't be ridiculous

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
What is the difference between a burger and a sandwich, are all burgers sandwiches but not all sandwiches are burgers?

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

A good bun
2 patties
American cheese
Lettuce
Tomato
Mayo
+ some other sauce if you want

that's it.

pickles are disgusting and do not belong on cheeseburgers

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Lunixnerd posted:

are all burgers sandwiches but not all sandwiches are burgers?

i think so, yes. in the event that a burger is served without a bun it's just a patty and loses it's place in the world of burgers

Vorik posted:

pickles are disgusting and do not belong on cheeseburgers

what kind of person doesn't like pickles? a real piece of poo poo that's who

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Cook some beef in duck fat. Fry some mushrooms in red wine. Pepper jack cheese. I like pretzel buns, but brioche is good also. Pickles don't belong on a good earthy burger. Once you start making it sweet, that's when the pickles come out. If you want to use pickles, use some saffron and cumin on the meat. It's tasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006

• Locked thread