Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah I'm getting 60fps with a 290x.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009

YesManKablam posted:

Anyone else on PC getting really poor performance even on low settings?

With a gtx 770 and a i7 950 I got good performance with settings on high and whatever the default settings were.

That being said, so far both games I've attempted were ruined by the monster DCing or the rest of my team leaving.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I have been matchmaking for a good five minutes now, let's see how long this takes!

Carecat fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 31, 2014

YesManKablam
Feb 19, 2013
Made a steam group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvegoons

Set to public because who really cares.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Still can't get in on PS4. I'll try again in an hour.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Game's fun when you can get a match. It's strange, I ended up in several after I first launched, but now I'm getting nothing. Wonder if it's a server issue, since there's plenty of other people also waiting (or so it seems).

atb
Mar 20, 2009

DrManiac posted:

Shoot me a email at drmanic11 at gmail.com and you can have it.

done!

The Jenk
Apr 18, 2009
http://evolvegame.com/news/big-alpha-important-news-for-ps4-players

Looks like it's boned on PS4. Time to check out the PC version I guess.

TheCoon
Mar 3, 2009

If you know any Indonesians the game is currently mispriced at £3/~$5 on their Steam store.

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Game's fun when you can get a match. It's strange, I ended up in several after I first launched, but now I'm getting nothing. Wonder if it's a server issue, since there's plenty of other people also waiting (or so it seems).

Yeah, I got into a few games earlier but now I just get stuck Searching for Players, must be a server issue.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
Seems like there are just too many people trying to play against available servers. Try joining the chat for the steam group posted above and get a full party together before trying to launch, people are reporting having more luck that way.

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

The Jenk posted:

http://evolvegame.com/news/big-alpha-important-news-for-ps4-players

Looks like it's boned on PS4. Time to check out the PC version I guess.

I particularly liked the first twitter response "#MicrosoftMoney"

Toasta
Jan 18, 2006
All shall fade to black.
RIP PS4 users. I'm still waiting for PC key since they're not able to get PS4 working this weekend.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Wow. The amount of people getting mad because they can't access an alpha of a game that's not out until next year... loving hell.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Theme song for the PC BIG ALPHA experience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK62tfoCmuQ

Orv
May 4, 2011

de la peche posted:

Wow. The amount of people getting mad because they can't access an alpha of a game that's not out until next year... loving hell.

Not an alpha, but still amusing.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

de la peche posted:

In no way is this an alpha. It's straight up "we're pretty much done and we cut some content out" marketing demo. Except the netcode is a piece of poo poo but that's not because it's alpha it's because they've pretty much forgotten everything they learned with Left 4 Dead and we're back to "we don't know how PC matchmaking or netcode works" mode.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Evolve @EvolveGame · 11m 11 minutes ago
Register for PC or Xbox One by 1pm PT you WILL get a #BigAlpha invite today! A second batch goes after 5pm. Details: http://bit.ly/10amHFC

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

DatonKallandor posted:

In no way is this an alpha. It's straight up "we're pretty much done and we cut some content out" marketing demo. Except the netcode is a piece of poo poo but that's not because it's alpha it's because they've pretty much forgotten everything they learned with Left 4 Dead and we're back to "we don't know how PC matchmaking or netcode works" mode.

It's true I wouldn't call it an alpha... but you are going too far, it's also not a marketing demo. It's still three months before release, do you think they are going to be playing WoW or LoL in the office? No, they are going to be in crunch mode.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Turin Turambar posted:

It's true I wouldn't call it an alpha... but you are going too far, it's also not a marketing demo. It's still three months before release, do you think they are going to be playing WoW or LoL in the office? No, they are going to be in crunch mode.

It's absolutely a marketing demo. That's what alpha/beta are now when you hear the term from a studio in a public light. No-one runs actual testing betas anymore.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Managed to play a couple of games, feels pretty janky at the moment and my performance is pretty ropey with a 3570k and a 770. The mouse cursor stays on the screen and moves around as I move my char around which is very off putting, also has been hard actually getting into a game, not to mention the lag is rather awful.

For the game itself I was on the hunter team both times and we managed to bring down the monster within 4 minutes which was a bit poo poo to be honest, this was with no teamwork and all pubbies too. Some of the gadgets are actually pretty interesting but the weapons really lack a punch. The assault rifle especially just doesn't feel satisfying to use.

I'll try to play more of this over the weekend and hope something clicks because I really like the concept of this.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
so when does the matchmaking actually make a match? This spinning search bar is making me dizzy

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

so when does the matchmaking actually make a match? This spinning search bar is making me dizzy

It's broken, it doesn't work right now.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
im going for the record then.

ill search all god drat day!

Mecharasputin
May 30, 2009

Ultra Carp
Is it broken on all platforms?

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
Durr reading comprehension

CaptainAssholay fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 31, 2014

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Mecharasputin posted:

Is it broken on all platforms?

Just on PC (I think PS4 has a different issue?). Man what a shame nobody ever invented a way to look for working servers or host them yourself. You could display them in some sort of list. Maybe it could be a called a server...list? Browser? Nah that's crazy. Much better to rely on peer 2 peer matchmaking behind the scenes with no way to check if it's working or what's broken.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Just traded some DOTA 2 keys for a Gift copy. If you can make the exchange and redeem the gift it before it surely gets region locked you might be able to get on it too.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

The load times in this are insane. It needs to show each player's load time so you can kick people who load slowly.

Played 4 games so far, 3 times the monster was easily able to evade the players until level 3. The other time he confronted us for some reason, we put the dome up and owned him at level 2. Feels like they need to work on reducing the monster's mobility, or give the players more tools for catching up. This was on PC where people were communicating, not a console with the unwashed masses.

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax
This game is 2 fun

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I think this game is going to fail. Not because it's bad, but because it isn't "mainstream friendly". It's the type of game where intense teamwork is obligatory, where everyone should have mics, where every player should know the maps and everyone's abilities, where the monster player has to be smart, etc. Some people even have problems playing the first part of the match, the "hunting" because it's all running without shooting. They want immediate action not a delayed boss fight.

Apart from that, I hope the loading times will be more optimized and all the matchmaking has to be improved.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.
This game is unplayable for me, super stuttery and frequent framerate hitches. Not my PC, I have a GTX 680 and a good processor.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Barent posted:

This game is unplayable for me, super stuttery and frequent framerate hitches. Not my PC, I have a GTX 680 and a good processor.

I had this until I moved it to my SSD. After that it was fine.

jneer
Aug 31, 2006

Mush Mushi!
Game is pretty fun but I'm not sure I see myself playing it for long. Skill disparities between the hunters and the monster can mean that some games leave you totally dissatisfied. Doesn't seem like there's any kind of difficulty setting you can use to adjust this either.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
I wish they had some nicer animations for things. The monster has some nice animations at times for mantling but it still has a bit of that "mod team" look when the players are jet packing up the side of steep mountains and the monster is doing many of its movements. The detail is very nice though so it's not low effort. I just wish dynamic animations had advanced to the degree that the players and monsters fit into their world a little more seamlessly.

Gameplay-wise, I've seen a couple of monsters win at level 2 but they're generally against weaker teams it seems (judging by the lack of tethering and other tools to reduce the monster's effectiveness. It would be kind of cool had there been a different branch of activity to the first phase of the game because it's really samey. Monster hightails it in circles while the players follow in circles and hope to dome him. Maybe if the monster could alternately level up in a separate way than eating or (rarely) killing a player. Sabotage player tools or something, remove or reduce the effectiveness of things in a way that's risky for the monster but rewards him with evolution.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
wish matchmaking worked

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Gyshall posted:

wish matchmaking worked

It does sporadically. I've completed 4 games in the last hour or so.

Man playing as monster is intense. I've only played one game as a hunter, the Trapper, and in that game I got eaten 3 minutes in so I've got nothing to say about them yet.

On the technical side, I'm running this at High (not Very High) settings with no tessellation at 1600x900 and I'm still getting 30-45 fps on a 660ti, so it's either unoptimized or needs quite a bit of power (or maybe the 660ti is more outdated than I though). I'm also getting tons of stuttering, especially while using skills or during fights with the hunters. The game itself works very well, no bugs that I've noticed so far. Well, there is a minor one with PC: no controller button prompts. It took forever to figure out the controls and I still can't figure out how to evolve - I just use the keyboard for that.

Lionguild
Sep 5, 2013

Carecat posted:

Evolve @EvolveGame · 11m 11 minutes ago
Register for PC or Xbox One by 1pm PT you WILL get a #BigAlpha invite today! A second batch goes after 5pm. Details: http://bit.ly/10amHFC

Figures I'm slow enough to register after both waves.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
So how long does getting a match take in this game? I've been sitting in the queue for about five minutes now.

Mecharasputin
May 30, 2009

Ultra Carp
They released a patch of sorts, restart steam to download it. Not that it fixed all that much, my last two games had six people load into the lobby and then never started :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I was downloading this on steam and accidentally bumped another game to the top of the queue. Swapped back and it looks like it's re-downloading from the start. Is that just Steam being silly or do I really have to re-do the entire download again?

• Locked thread