Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I keep emailing them to set up my account but they don't do crap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
WORKSFORME

WONTFIX

hermand
Oct 3, 2004

V-Dubbin
It's because you're a oval office.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
how do you email if you dont have an account, this is your problem idiot

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 257 days!)

you know bitbucket@analwarts.co.uk is just an example address rite

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

fix it urself im on break

i would but i cant fucker. maybe you should just let me be the admin for my own loving computer

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
you should email them a picture of your nutsack

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

jackyl posted:

how do you email if you dont have an account, this is your problem idiot
that didn't take too long to troubleshoot

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Spanish Manlove posted:

i would but i don't want to crash theyre server

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Harald posted:

i would but i cant fucker. maybe you should just let me be the admin for my own loving computer

*sips mountain dew code red*

get back to me in an hour

*plays pirated copy of Star Wars Angry Birds on hacked Nook Color*

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

have you tried turning your posting off and never posting again?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

they are busy with higher priority poo poo imo

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
my IT department in the university has been phished to poo poo and back, and its network viewed by major academic entities as a giant spambot

it does however have a world-class fibre network which was turned into a horrifically huge torrenting hub by a student

he got caught but it was covered up pretty quick

Great Orb!
Feb 4, 2009
have you tried turning it off and on again?

E: vvv same. :eek:

Great Orb! fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 31, 2014

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i work in IT but we're contractors who manage other companies

i feel bad for the ppl who have to rely on us tbh

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

When i did IT work i actually sent almost all messages to voicemail (since i was perpetually on the phone with idiots and needed to handle them as they came in)

I changed my voicemail to tell them how to hold in the pretty button until the lights went off, count to 10 spaghettios and then turn it back on. my call volume dropped at least 20 percent

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
lol a torrenting "hub"

seriously though setting up accounts is $7.75 an hour poo poo and whever you are you should be embarassed at your company

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
That's old school really. I miss those IT jobs. Thanks to try-hard new hires, many executives have realized that it doesn't take a week to solve most problems and the IT goons are expected to work pretty quickly. I've been dying to find one of those old school jobs where you can just do a couple of tickets a day and spend the rest of the time off site.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

ZombieParts posted:

That's old school really. I miss those IT jobs. Thanks to try-hard new hires, many executives have realized that it doesn't take a week to solve most problems and the IT goons are expected to work pretty quickly. I've been dying to find one of those old school jobs where you can just do a couple of tickets a day and spend the rest of the time off site.

try best buy you can drive around a in a new beetle and pretend its ironic instead of soul crippling

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006
You got a dick with that problem!?!
Oh so like every company.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Klauser posted:

Oh so like every company.

i wouldnt stand for that poo poo, you'd be out on your rear end or id hire an adequate amount of people to handle creating accounts lol.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
computer science majors are only employable nowadays because people look at Apple products and think if they hire a bunch of geeks their poo poo will also look like that

Papal Infallibility
May 7, 2008

Stay Down Champion Stay Down

Lichy posted:

computer science majors are only employable nowadays because people look at Apple products and think if they hire a bunch of geeks their poo poo will also look like that

lol if there's a single CS major in your IT dept

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Papal Infallibility posted:

lol if there's a single CS major in your IT dept

our university hires a lot of its own graduates because nepotism is a force of progress

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Harald posted:

I keep emailing them to set up my account but they don't do crap

walk over to their desk and ask nicely, that usually works with me

then again I'm not the typical IT rear end in a top hat

I reserve that for here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Okay, your problem here is that you're a human being. They hate people. Try to send an email that looks like it came from an automated system.

• Locked thread