Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

quakster posted:

no, there were straight up hundreds of articles like this at some point

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Yandere
for anyone who is unaware what "moe" is:

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

A good friend of mine in Osaka took a year of ikebana (flower arranging) classes. He found out that apparently the word 'moe' is a term that comes from ikebana traditionally. The term moe is for a flower bud that is just starting to bloom, but not quite yet. so animu nerds took it and applied it to girls. yes, moe literally means pre-pubecent, so it is nothing more than more creepy paedo poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0dB
Jan 3, 2009
'Trope' is wanker's way of saying 'cliché'. It's a website that celebrates clichés.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

0dB posted:

'Trope' is wanker's way of saying 'cliché'. It's a website that celebrates clichés.
technically it's a site made for autistic children that forcibly reduces fiction to tags so it's easier to think about

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

0dB posted:

No, it's a word from literature studies to denote the elements of genres and subgenres that found its way out into the wild and got exploited by a bunch of TV-crazed twentysomethings, over and over.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
autism wiki

autwiki

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

AugmentedVision posted:

I'm glad you're some kind of art school kid and know what "commedia dell'arte" means. I'm a normal person who got a real degree and I find it entertaining to read TVTropes pages for video games and movies I have played or seen.

This is a really good YOSPOS post.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Widestancer posted:

This is a really good YOSPOS post.

not enough cats and funnyness

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
LOL!! EPIC Thread!!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
~oh zoq-fot-pik-sempai, you're so yandere~ :syoon:

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
wtf is tvtropes

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

cartoons of underage children being graphically raped: art that needs to be preserved

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Verisimilidude posted:

cartoons of underage children being graphically raped: art that needs to be preserved

It will be really helpful to archaeologists 500 years from now.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
A lot of the tropes are a huge loving stretch. I think people just want to write poo poo for the sake of writing poo poo so gently caress them.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

AugmentedVision posted:

What the gently caress is up with this post.

You have an anime av and are you loving ragging on Firefly you piece of poo poo?

there's a big difference in liking anime/whedon stuff and 90% of tropes names being in Japanese or related to Whedon stuff imo

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

AugmentedVision posted:

What the gently caress is up with this post.

You have an anime av and are you loving ragging on Firefly you piece of poo poo?

Anime is good, bitch rear end. Fucjker,

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

1gnoirents posted:

wtf is tvtropes

gnarlyhotep posted:

autism wiki

autwiki

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Aatrek parachute account spotted

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
I like reading TVTropes for what it is, just some site on the internet. It kind of reminds me of "Jump the Shark" before it went to hell. It don't love it or take it seriously.

But when you pull back the curtain and look at all the "tropers" and the extra sub-pages... :stare: So I avoid that.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
has crazygoggs been posted yet?

how soon we forget

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feFHnIhJtG4

Sorakeyblademaster37 posted:

I agree with everything else you said, but this jumped out at me: "like "men's rights" types (which in practice means 'gently caress women's rights' types)" That is what is called a strawman. Those types definitely exist, but so do types of feminists who say stuff like " I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high-heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig." The difference between the two is that the former tends to be hated and acceptable targets to just about everyone, including both of most male and female MRAs, the latter type tend to be more critically acclaimed and held in higher esteem in their respective movement.

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 31, 2014

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Now I can't post sick owns telling people that my rap sheet is clear and theirs isn't

It's literally my birthday, thanks for the cake rear end in a top hat

Also I'm gay

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

AugmentedVision posted:

Besides the fact that some SA superstar (perhaps Lowtax himself) once said "TVTropes sucks" and goons are incapable of independent thought.

because it is a sperg heaven/haven. everything is made into "tropes".

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

anything with a strong anime-viewing user base will inevitably have its share of spergs case in point adtrw

Hello Meow
Nov 9, 2009
i like to categorize every aspect of every piece of media i consume also i think that those kids from gravity falls are loving :tvtropes:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i liked when tvtropes was just a way to kill time by clicking on one article and seeing which links would appeal to you enough to click them. then people started to make a whole community out of it and it turned to poo poo

i don't even care about it anymore, and i think a lot of goons feel the same way, but you gotta keep PYF buzzing somehow

Hello Meow
Nov 9, 2009
I follow the PYF thread and it's a good place if you like to internet peoplewatch a bunch of creepy fuckups. They kind of only post the worst of the worst in the thread, since most tropers are just harmless, boring nerds and there's only so much you can get out of making fun of somebody for really liking Buffy. But goddamn there's a lot of gross poo poo right below the surface.

Hello Meow fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 1, 2014

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Hello Meow posted:

I follow the PYF thread and it's a good place if you like to internet peoplewatch a bunch of creepy fuckups

this is true but probably not in the way you meant

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

gently caress Your Website posted:

Aatrek parachute account spotted

aatrek hated anime

so, as penance, you have to do your patriotic duty and read all the Toradora! LNs. get cracking, fucker

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
OP, you could have picked a better hill to die on

my 2¢

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

:eyepop:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Something Awful is forever trapped in the early 2000's so internet tribalism is the name of the game.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Alexzandvar posted:

Something Awful is forever trapped in the early 2000's so internet tribalism is the name of the game.

actually, internet tribalism is goign to dominate human society for hundreds of years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Alexzandvar posted:

http://www.somethingawful.com/art-of-warcraft/epic-mounts-love/1

• Locked thread