Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Like they buy a LOT of them. There arent nearly enough rednecks or wannabe rednecks to meet that demand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

the culminator posted:

Like they buy a LOT of them. There arent nearly enough rednecks or wannabe rednecks to meet that demand

smallest dicks per capita

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

because they have something to prove but dont realize that what they are trying to prove is meaningless, op

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
there aren't enough rednecks but there definitely are enough wannabe rednecks, and people who define themselves by cars so they want something big and tough

i regularly see 2-3 pickups, sometimes double cab, with flawless bodies and truck beds, that have never been used to haul anything ever

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

the culminator posted:

but there are. there are so many and their numbers continue to grow

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Because they are built Ford tough and they comfortably seat up to 6 day laborers at a time

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i drive a 2013 ford fiesta and its pretty much the best loving car in the world

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ford unironically makes great cars and you should probably buy ford if you have any self worth or pride in your country

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

TEAYCHES posted:

i drive a 2013 ford fiesta and its pretty much the best loving car in the world

that is a good car. did you get the ST? did they make the ST in 2013?

its basically the perfect daily driver, pretty fun, good mileage, good storage. cheap as poo poo

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Carol Pizzamom posted:

mines the most basic version possible, its the sedan (i wanted the hatchback but buying the car was an emergency thing). its black. i have a handle to roll the windows up and down

but theres an auxiliary audio jack and thats literally the only thing that matters

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

TEAYCHES posted:

ford unironically makes great cars and you should probably buy ford if you have any self worth or pride in your country

they make v6/ecoboost mustangs though, everyone has their ups and downs. ford actually makes a cool high end car and good low end cars as opposed to dodge that has two good cars, both of them high end

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

mustangs are and always have been a completely lovely car for the past 25 years and i would hope everyone knows that

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014
i just bought a 52,000 dollar f150 because i hate internet ppl

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home
I drive a Honda crossfit it's like a premature SUV

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Actually we haul a lot of poo poo. I didn't even think I was going to haul anything and I'm always getting rocks or gravel or mulch or moving yard equipment. A crib for my baby, air conditioner, scrap metal, pallets for projects, furniture to refinish.....

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i have to haul poo poo around for real maybe three times every year on average and in that case i will just rent a truck because im not a retarded tool who buys one as their primary vehicle

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Carol Pizzamom posted:

its basically the perfect daily driver, pretty fun, good mileage, good storage. cheap as poo poo

the DCT on that car is really peppy and fun. its a shame they don't make a two door model. :(

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

TEAYCHES posted:

mustangs are and always have been a completely lovely car for the past 25 years and i would hope everyone knows that

they're coming back, but only for the higher end gt/shelby. mustangs had 2+ decades of being absolute garbage and continue to be garbage if they are v6 and/or automatic. dodge chargers are garbage for the price through and through still

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

justice4trayvawn posted:

i just bought a 52,000 dollar f150 because i hate internet ppl

measure your dick, report back

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
bushels of oysters/clams/crabs don't haul well in a jetta

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Splits posted:

honda makes good cars too. i think ford and honda are tied for first place if you want a decent car

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 288 days!)

i just bought a '96 explorer it has both cassette and CD! :smuggo:

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
uh how else am i supposed to make my guitar audible

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
because they're loving stupid op

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
gotta hang our Truck Nuts somehwere...

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Splits posted:

honda fits and hyundai veloster turbos are both like pretty okay but not as solid an offering as the fiesta st

the problem with honda is although they make everything well they refuse to over hatchback bodies in the US, offer SI instead of Type R which is whatever, just a badge, but most importantly they refuse to offer oem turbos like ford is doing. the fiesta st crushes those cars for value as a result and the base model is cheap as balls

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

caRS

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the ford fusion owns

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
people around where I live buy huge-rear end shiny pickup trucks all the time that they never ever use them to haul poo poo (the reason you buy a pickup in the first place) and take up two parking spaces with. i hate them and i hope they die.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
I don't need to buy one I can just borrow one from my brother-in-law when I have to haul some stuff. Fuckin A 1972 ford f-250 diesel, stump pullin torque that shakes like a dog making GBS threads peach pits when you let out the clutch.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

fact: pickup truck drivers are the worst on the road. the most aggressive, most likely to tailgate, most entitled, most likely to not understand that their car doesn't handle or brake like a miata. they have to prove they're not just uneducated macho men, they own the road

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

LifeSizePotato posted:

fact: pickup truck drivers are the worst on the road. the most aggressive, most likely to tailgate, most entitled, most likely to not understand that their car doesn't handle or brake like a miata. they have to prove they're not just uneducated macho men, they own the road

AI parachute spotted

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

Carol Pizzamom posted:

there aren't enough rednecks but there definitely are enough wannabe rednecks, and people who define themselves by cars so they want something big and tough

i regularly see 2-3 pickups, sometimes double cab, with flawless bodies and truck beds, that have never been used to haul anything ever

Internally, Ford calls these people "air haulers" which is just slang for "morons that we make a lot of money off of." I've seen multiple pristine F-350 King Ranch duallies going 80 on the highway. That POS costs well-specced-BMW-5-series money, but nope gotta have a truck

Neptr fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Oct 31, 2014

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

LifeSizePotato posted:

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

i don't like miatas but the world would be a better place if every pickup truck were replaced by one

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

TEAYCHES posted:

because they have something to prove but dont realize that what they are trying to prove is meaningless, op

If you were terrified of being held down and anally raped because you think your small dick means you're technically a woman, you would try drat hard to prove how alpha you are too

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
The good thing about pick up owners is one look at their truck and you understand how stupid they are and whether or not it's easy to take advantage of them.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Pickups are pretty useful for transporting large items from one place to another. (never owned one)

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

LifeSizePotato posted:

i don't like miatas but the world would be a better place if every pickup truck were replaced by one

Well, it wouldn't significantly increase the amount of gay buttholes on the road, no.

Pickups are OK. Its the douchebags with "stacks" cut through the bed with a pristine coat of wax on their never-seen-rain mobile that just need to be stuck in a loving smartcar and have their genitals removed, IMHO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

TEAYCHES posted:

why would you take pride in where you were born, something you had no hand in?

• Locked thread