Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

neato burrito posted:

I have a Ranger. It's paid off and it rules. I'm financially secure so I use it to carry all my large purchases from the store. Suck it, poors.

Oh man lets high five forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
my roommate has a f350 with a huge steel grill, exhaust, black smoke tune, custom dual tanks

but it was when he worked in concrete and literally towed poo poo to the point it would fail. its covered in a 10000000 scratches and dents with 250,000 miles. now that he doesnt do that he is going to sell it because its impractical. a Sensible Redneck

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
i had a b3000, it owned for carrying things from home dpot and lumber yards but was only rear wheel drive so it sucked in the snow, now i have a wrangler and a trailer, this is truly the best of both worlds, i can carry big things in the trailer and have a wrangler all the time

also lol if you dont pay cash for your cars

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
if i lived in the country id get a sick rally car

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
I don't drive a pickup, but I'm starting to wish I could fit poo poo like 8' 2x6s in my GTI, so I guess I'm now got truck envy or something.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

jackyl posted:

i had a b3000, it owned for carrying things from home dpot and lumber yards but was only rear wheel drive so it sucked in the snow, now i have a wrangler and a trailer, this is truly the best of both worlds, i can carry big things in the trailer and have a wrangler all the time

also lol if you dont pay cash for your cars

I have a wrangler, sold my trailer and got my truck. Now I have a backup for when I'm doing maintenance on one. PEACE

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Ramsus posted:

I have a wrangler, sold my trailer and got my truck. Now I have a backup for when I'm doing maintenance on one. PEACE

this works too

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Just get two trucks and tow one truck with your other truck, geez. Then iuf one brakes down you just hop in your other truck

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Gets great mileage

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

Gets great mileage

dick so small it inverted

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE
I love the people spending literally thousands of dollars on "sweet" led light bars that they probably only turn on in their driveway to show their friends.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

came here to post this

Jackfruited Stormtrooper
Feb 15, 2007

master of his domain
i don't very much appreciate your contemptuous tone towards americans op

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
Who needs a steenkin pickup. Get a wagon if you need to haul things, and get a trailer if you need to haul dirt/mulch/anything else that won't fit inside or on top.

So far I've hauled:
- Lumber and concrete for the fence around my mom's back yard (several trips)
- All of my furniture at one time or another
- Leaves/yard waste
- My family of 5, comfortably
- Two dogs
- Two sets of railroad crossing end plates & 10 boxes of lag screws
- Engine block core + set of wheels and tires
- 3 bikes and 3 riders

All of that utility plus 27mpg all day from a car built in '93. Twenty years later, a pickup getting 27mpg is big news.

Wagon supremacy!

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Falcon2001 posted:

I don't drive a pickup, but I'm starting to wish I could fit poo poo like 8' 2x6s in my GTI, so I guess I'm now got truck envy or something.

Fold the back seats down, pop 'em out the hatch, staple a flag to the wood & tie the hatch door down tight with twine. If you took out the passanger seat, I bet you could get the hatch closed. You can do it, I believe in you!

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

NoWake posted:

Who needs a steenkin pickup. Get a wagon if you need to haul things, and get a trailer if you need to haul dirt/mulch/anything else that won't fit inside or on top.

So far I've hauled:
- Leaves/yard waste
- Two dogs
- 3 bikes and 3 riders

All of that utility plus 27mpg all day from a car built in '93. Twenty years later, a pickup getting 27mpg is big news.

Wagon supremacy!

I wish I took pointless pictures of stupid poo poo I packed into my vehicles, then I'd have a picture of my front seat, back seat and bed completely full in the truck when I moved. I also had stuff tied and strapped to the lumber rack. Put a couch, desk, ladders etc in that wagon all at once BOYEEEE

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I have an old rusted ranger that I keep liability on for when I need to haul something. Its a good little truck and gets good gas mileage. Makes a great spare vehicle.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

NoWake posted:

So far I've hauled:
- Leaves/yard waste
- Two dogs
- 3 bikes and 3 riders

Wagon supremacy!

man I love driving behind people like this on the highway wondering if their poorly secured poo poo is going to come lose and loving decapitate me

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

wagons are the correct choice if you do it right

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug
No lie, I really want a 3 series wagon, and the idea of loading it up with lumber and driving it past rich people makes me laugh.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
because when the taliban come they can use the trucks to move bodies

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
Pickups are in the same league as home gym equipment. A lot of people buy them with the intention of doing useful things with them and never do. Some people put them to good use.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

ZombieParts posted:

Pickups are in the same league as home gym equipment. A lot of people buy them with the intention of doing useful things with them and never do. Some people put them to good use.

this is actually a good analogy

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Falcon2001 posted:

this is actually a good analogy

it is but the key thing it's missing is the image component

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

LifeSizePotato posted:

it is but the key thing it's missing is the image component

Yeah, but man some people use home exercise stuff as a status symbol like furniture, although nowhere near as much as trucks.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

"hey, randy, come over and check out my new nordictrack"
--not very many people

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

LifeSizePotato posted:

"hey, randy, come over and check out my new nordictrack"
--not very many people

eh I can see it

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
I like lifted brotruck drivers because it leads to a lot of hilarity when I brake as late as possible into freeway on/off ramps in the rain in my barely over 1000kg 50/50 weight distribution lsd-having rwd car while getting tailgated. Im not quite out enough to drive a miata yet though.

naem
May 29, 2011

All the cool kids in high school drove pickups with lift kits and big tires, for some reason.

It was a wealthy school district too. Everyone wore workboots all the time and then went to $100,000 a year private colleges

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

LifeSizePotato posted:

wagons are the correct choice if you do it right

All these cars could do 100% of the tasks your average American truck owner buys their truck for. Maybe not the e30 wagon but e30 wagons are still among my favorite cars of all time.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

HEY VAPER posted:

All these cars could do 100% of the tasks your average American truck owner buys their truck for. Maybe not the e30 wagon but e30 wagons are still among my favorite cars of all time.

Except for dirty stuff. Sucks getting dirty poo poo in your car. Truck bed is nice that.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Ramsus posted:

Except for dirty stuff. Sucks getting dirty poo poo in your car. Truck bed is nice that.

Maybe I've lived in the suburbs for too long but outside of contractors and landscapers and stuff most of the trucks sold today are mostly used to haul Costco toilet paper, TV's, and the occasional couch. If you have a legitimate use for a truck there's really nothing wrong with that and trucks can be awesome too just not most of them.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
They are shaped like dicks though
CREW CAB

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

I have a 2014 Dodge Ram 4x4, with a leveling kit and AT tires. I mostly use mine for hauling equipment for work, that you really don't want inside a car with you (poo poo covered in oil base mud), and occasionally grabbing poo poo for my parents when they don't want to pay someone to drop it off. I probably didn't need 4x4, but got sick of getting stuck in my last truck when it pored and 18 wheelers tore up location roads.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
One of the biggest/tallest trucks I've seen in my town pulled up behind me at a stop light once. I looked back and it was the loving weatherman.
The weatherman.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
I live in West Texas and need a truck just to get to half the job sites I go to. Also because you cant put a diesel generator in the back of a wagon or hatchback.

I will go to the other end and say one of the best cars I ever owned was a Geometro hatch back and currently drive a simple 4 banger coupe but going to have to upgrade soon to fit kids in the back since they wont stop growing no matter how much coffee I sneak them.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

I work for a company that makes tuners for vehicles. More than once we had people calling in pissed that their big gay truck didn't start after putting a calibration for a Mustang on it. They're always surprised when we tell them that it's never going to work. Their reasoning is invariably along the lines of 'I wanted my truck to drive like a race car and they're both Fords brum brum.'

TTTTRRRRUUUUCCCKKKK PPPEEEOOOPPPLLLEEE

MrTargetPractice fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Oct 31, 2014

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i enjoy my old 80s nissan hardbody 4x4 because i don't live in some tiny plot of land in a subdivision or an apartment like a shameful poor

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
I will say as a kid riding in the bed of a truck with your cousins on lovely 3rd world roads was p fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

calgary.jpg

• Locked thread