Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

NoWake posted:

Who needs a steenkin pickup. Get a wagon if you need to haul things, and get a trailer if you need to haul dirt/mulch/anything else that won't fit inside or on top.

So far I've hauled:
- Lumber and concrete for the fence around my mom's back yard (several trips)
- All of my furniture at one time or another
- Leaves/yard waste
- My family of 5, comfortably
- Two dogs
- Two sets of railroad crossing end plates & 10 boxes of lag screws
- Engine block core + set of wheels and tires
- 3 bikes and 3 riders

All of that utility plus 27mpg all day from a car built in '93. Twenty years later, a pickup getting 27mpg is big news.

Wagon supremacy!

If you had a small pickup you coulda done all that and not been a danger on the road. I mean it's nice you giftwrapped that sofa so it'll be a nice gift for someone when it lands in their windshield.

edit: I kind of wish I had a picture of my truck filled to overflowing in tree limbs after a storm, speaking of road hazards.

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwAz-lvlvKo

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
I saw a new Colorado commercial last night where they ask a focus group which guy is cooler, and it's the same guy standing in front of a truck and a little rear end honda or something. Which guy would you rather date your daughter!? Then it says the equivalent of "yeah bro, get a truck"

I'm pretty sure this means they already won

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
A truck is a useful thing to own. I can't speak for those chucklefucks that drive a ford F-150 through cities, but I love light duty pickup trucks for the utility they bring.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I'm really mad that some people buy four-door cars and then drive around alone most of the time. A Vespa would do everything you need.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012

The Royal Scrub posted:

I saw a new Colorado commercial last night where they ask a focus group which guy is cooler, and it's the same guy standing in front of a truck and a little rear end honda or something. Which guy would you rather date your daughter!? Then it says the equivalent of "yeah bro, get a truck"

I'm pretty sure this means they already won

this commercial (along with the top 20 list i read) were the reasons i made this thread. I just know that commercial is going to be like nails on a chalkboard halfway thru the nba season

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

the only good pickup truck

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

City of Tampa posted:

I'm really mad that some people buy four-door cars and then drive around alone most of the time. A Vespa would do everything you need.

a 4-door car used as a 2-seater is far less wasteful and obnoxious than an f350 driving to get groceries and run to chili's for dinner

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
A guy in my town bought one of those military surplus 2.5 ton trucks. Painted it black and has some survivalist store logo on the side. Kinda silly watching him fill up at the holiday.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Rhymenoserous posted:

A truck is a useful thing to own. I can't speak for those chucklefucks that drive a ford F-150 through cities, but I love light duty pickup trucks for the utility they bring.

It must be a lot of fun for those people driving the Ford/GM trucks with the crew cab AND the full 8' box as well.

Nothing like trying to put a 19' long 126 square foot truck into a walmart parking spot when it's turning radius is greater than a WWII destroyer's.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'd agree with OP but having friends who just drives trucks because it's what they can afford/were given is awesome because you can use them to help you move and all you have to do is pay in cheap food.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Edgar posted:

A guy in my town bought one of those military surplus 2.5 ton trucks. Painted it black and has some survivalist store logo on the side. Kinda silly watching him fill up at the holiday.

There are easier ways to advertise that you have a small penis.
I just flash mine, costs nothing.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

LifeSizePotato posted:

the only good pickup truck

it's a car and a truck

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Gaunab posted:

it's a car and a truck

the goon's vehicle of choice - a cuck

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

LifeSizePotato posted:

a 4-door car used as a 2-seater is far less wasteful and obnoxious than an f350 driving to get groceries and run to chili's for dinner

Yeah but most people that drive trucks don't have F350s. I have a four cylinder Tacoma prerunner crew cab that gets comparable gas mileage to the old Passat it replaced, and is really useful even though I don't ever drive offroad or carry construction materials. Plus the visibility is way better in traffic because you are a little higher than most cars.

If they made a decent priced hybrid Tacoma I would be first in line to buy it, but the 2.7 is the next best thing and probably better on gas than some cars.

Nostalgic Pushead
Jul 31, 2013

has the guitar joke been made yet? if not i guess i'll make it but i don't want to go to the effort if its already been done
thanks

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Believe it or not, I don't own a truck....

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Edit: someone already posted zevon

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Pro click

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.
Up here in Canadaland it's not much different, sadly. And where my sister lives, in the true North - Yellowknife - it's even worse. loving rednecks. Tough rednecks though...it gets drat chilly up there.

I've hauled 2x4s and narrow sheets of drywall in my Mazda 3 several times since I started doing renos on my house. gently caress owning a pick-up for bi-annual hauling.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

Gets great mileage

whomever owns this truck undoubtably insists that obama is the reason that gas is more expensive than it was previously

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I sold my truck and bought a Focus hatch because I was loving tired of people asking me to help them move poo poo or borrow my truck to move said poo poo. Hatch is a six speed manual so no no one asks me to help them move poo poo. It's great.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

Gets great mileage

this must be such fun to drive daily... imagine: going to the store and navigating the parking lot, trying to parallel park, climbing in and out of the cab like a monkey, going to drive-thru anything, not being able to enter 'CAUTION low ceiling!' anything, paying poo poo tons more in gas, etc.

like what's the loving appeal? 'oh poo poo twisted my ankle at the store, now I have to struggle to get back into my car like a moron'

imo they should hitch a boat to the back and then hitch another truck to the back of that

e: OH and they did that STUPID AS gently caress raise where instead of raising the whole suspension they just raise the body so I can only imagine if they ever hit anything low going faster than 30mph the car's suspension will be totally ripped away, totaling the thing (notice how the axles are still about where they would be on a regular truck but just not protected by a bumper or the body of the car or anything) - so you know they aren't offroading with it (donuts in the dirt don't count). to say nothing of what that does to the center of gravity (so now you can't take corners going nearly as fast without flipping the thing)

it's just so dumb in a myriad of ways I really don't understand the appeal whatsoever.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Nov 2, 2014

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE
People that are bashing about trucks that dont look "used" realize that some people just use them to haul their 52 foot boats. Go ahead and pull a trailer in your Jeep or car.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Guru Yaekob posted:

People that are bashing about trucks that dont look "used" realize that some people just use them to haul their 52 foot boats. Go ahead and pull a trailer in your Jeep or car.

gently caress people who own 52 foot boats too for that matter

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

zen death robot posted:

Sometimes things need picked up.

ok the brain and not the reality of the majority of rednecks

MAH TRUCK!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008
If I were gay and had a small dick I'd own a truck. I only have a small dick though so I own a car that has a significantly more powerful engine than is necessary for the types of driving I do.

• Locked thread