Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
I just played this game for the first time this year. In fact I just finished it last week with... 162 hours on the save file. To be fair, 40-50 of those hours were likely from just leaving the game paused while doing something else due to the nature of the save system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
Small oversight on your part. The hammer guy guarding the hole in the door can be fought if you talk to him again. Again it is a funny conversation so that is all I will say.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

IMJack posted:

Have you ever played Dark Messiah of Might and Magic? Every magic staff can be used to skewer a dude.

Anyway. One thing I remember from this game: if you get wiped out against a boss, then go back to try again, you'll get a shorter bit of dialogue that amounts to "back for more, eh?" rather than the entire boss introduction. It may just be against major bosses with long intros but it will let you start at the second stage of a two-stage boss if you've already beat the first.

I think that is partly due to how they handle the wipes. Since you are teleported back to the save person instead of being forced to reload a save it sort of keeps what you have done in the world. That is a nice feature of this game.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
That is neat. I have only played #8 so good to know.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

There are three branches, actually. I'm really curious which one you're forgetting.

likely endgame place instead of the mid game places. I didn't even remember that last one until you said there were 3.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
I am just wondering Why OFS didn't just just warp back to the priest with his infinite zoom casting hat instead of fleeing from the battles.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

Jalathas posted:

But then who's gonna pull the cart?

Get Jessica to trick Angelo into pulling it.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

Choco1980 posted:

Wait a second...is killing the Sage bloodline Dhoulmagus' overarching plot this whole time and we were just a mild distraction while he was stealing his weapon of choice?

If you are referring to the grabbing of the scepter? That happened before the first killing. Actually just before. The start of the game happens within a day or two of the castle being covered in thorns and we had to take the long way around to get back there because Yangus broke the bridge.

If you are referring to something else, the story should get to the why of all of this.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
Also, being killed that way seems to break the line at that point based on something ~5 or 6 towns from here.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
Half of the Defense comes from having the guts to wear that outfit in public.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
It might be nice to see more change comparisons when we get to the other costumes.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
Or it is a dagger holster.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Charmles? More like Charmless am I right fellas?

I'll see myself out

And you should. Only because the game made that joke about 8 times already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

Geostomp posted:

I like how well the portrait captures the look of a smug bastard. We haven't even seen him in person yet and I already hate him.

Warning: Artist renditions may or may not truly reflect reality. Viewer discretion is advised.

• Locked thread