Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010
I love this game. I bought it on a whim and it turned out to be one of my favorite PS2 games. I'm really looking forward to it getting the OFS treatment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Sloober posted:

The only point I ever felt you really had to grind in this was for post game content and the initial couple of starter dungeons. After that as long as you do the requisite exploration the levels come at a decent pace to keep up with the game.

I found myself grinding for money more often than levels. Like OFS said, equipment is expensive but I felt like I always needed the newest kit for my party.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010
It is possible to do an all fists run of this game. It's not that much harder, but since there are only a handful of different skills it gets very, very boring.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010
What Yangus is trying to say, IIRC, is that you get fewer random encounters if you walk on the paths versus if you go cross county. Not sure if you mentioned that yet. It's good to know if you're limping back to town with half your party dead.

Also I played this game to death and never knew about that house on the hill.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Man, even taking screenshots of this dungeon is annoying.

The thought of trying to describe it is even worse!

I constantly erase that dungeon from my memory. Every time it's brought up, I'm like, "Oh, right, that place." Then I promptly forget again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

CptWedgie posted:

Yes, mandatory losses are always frustrating. In my opinion, if you're supposed to lose then just make it a cutscene- don't make us go through that in-engine!

Of course, it's more frustrating when you have to win the fight, only to get a cutscene showing you getting stomped immediately afterward. When I win a fight, I drat well expect that fact to be reflected in the story!

Or at least completely and utterly stomp the player. There's too many games where you can almost win but are supposed to lose, so you end up wasting a bunch of consumables or one-time resources for nothing.

• Locked thread