Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will choke away the Super Bowl this year
Dubs
human being Guy
Dave
Havoc
Waah
Yuzenn
I'm gay
the CPU
View Results

• Locked thread
Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Dubious posted:

it must not have saved it. I'm trying to figure out how to set a co-commish and not seeing anything. I'm going to have to sim us, unfortunately, as we're the last game and holding up the rest. Next time I have to be in a foreign country I'll just pass it off to someone else while I'm out.

Praise be to the Madden gods, please do not let Jamaal Charles die on this day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Yuzenn posted:

Praise be to the Madden gods, please do not let Jamaal Charles die on this day

We simmed out a low scoring shitfest, Buccs over Colts 23-20. I can't see if one of the scores of my team is a punt/kick return TD, or a defensive score because the offense looks to have stalled in the red zone alot (how realistic); also, the web app is poo poo for recording stats. Tannehil had the better performance by a pretty decent margin, throwing a couple scores with no turnovers. RG3 had a miserable comp %, and didn't score. Murray turned in a decent run game and had a TD vultured by my second stringer.

I didn't get anyone injured, hope you didn't either.

:siren:Season 2 Week 2:siren:

Dubs should be fired edition Matchups!

Yuzenn @ Dave - one team coming off a pretty brutal season opener, the other taking a tough loss sim because Fake Goodell is an idiot. Will Geno last the season as the starter in the Big Apple, and will Tannehil reignite his squad?
CPU Fins @ Havoc - :thurman:RUTS alert:thurman: JFF probably going to keep exploiting weak defenses here for a 60 burger
FG @ CPU Falcons - Despite a pretty fearsome pass rush in Atlanta, we're looking at a barn burner here. Expect to see alot of rushing yards.
FW (still auto i think) @ Eagles - Skins unfortunately didn't sim to a in in Week 1. Let's hope this loving terrible Eagles squad provides them a W.
Paperback @ CPU Steelers - Al Davis' prodigal son hungers for terrible towels.
D_I @ Dubious - Sorry man, you'll have to take a Sim since I can't auto myself as this game is terrible. I'll be back in time for the next advance so these are over with after week 2. On paper, your offense looks to obliterate my suspect, developing defense and I don't like my odds against the sim at all. Likely going to be a divisional W for Saints.
Nagger @ CPU Bengals - :clint: gonna run wild with Megatron here folks.
Goob @ waah - Goob may be done, as he mentioned in the main league he was trading in after the end of that league's season. If so, he'll need to drop himself if he is done. If not, we're looking at two of the better defensive players in the league teeing off on each other.
Piper @ Bonham - Fresh off a shutout, the Titans are looking for leverage in the AFCS against their divisional rival Jags, whose starting QB checked into the geriatric ward.

Advance will be Thursday, November 6th.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
oh dear god. Bonham just shut out Dave and now I have to play him with Christian Ponder at QB.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The Piper posted:

oh dear god. Bonham just shut out Dave and now I have to play him with Christian Ponder at QB.

isn't there an UDFAs with a better arm? I mean Ponder's fine if you wanna dink and dunk but god help you if you need to open up the playbook. (he's not the worst, I had to play 3 games in main league with him, but you gotta throw safe passes). At least he's got mobility.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Dubious posted:

We simmed out a low scoring shitfest, Buccs over Colts 23-20. I can't see if one of the scores of my team is a punt/kick return TD, or a defensive score because the offense looks to have stalled in the red zone alot (how realistic); also, the web app is poo poo for recording stats. Tannehil had the better performance by a pretty decent margin, throwing a couple scores with no turnovers. RG3 had a miserable comp %, and didn't score. Murray turned in a decent run game and had a TD vultured by my second stringer.

I didn't get anyone injured, hope you didn't either.

:siren:Season 2 Week 2:siren:

Dubs should be fired edition Matchups!

Yuzenn @ Dave - one team coming off a pretty brutal season opener, the other taking a tough loss sim because Fake Goodell is an idiot. Will Geno last the season as the starter in the Big Apple, and will Tannehil reignite his squad?

Advance will be Thursday, November 6th.

It looks like no injuries on the web app, and I guess you scored on a kickoff cause I show no giveaways and you show no takeaways.

Dave, when can you play? I'm off all of tomorrow but I want to go see my mother at some point.

BTW, am I willing Tannehill into being a decent QB IRL? Cause he's making daddy proud right now......and I'd love to pitch this movie idea to paramount.

Yuzenn fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 3, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Yuzenn posted:

BTW, am I willing Tannehill into being a decent QB IRL? Cause he's making daddy proud right now......and I'd love to pitch this movie idea to paramount.

I'm starting him in regular league as a result of the blockbuster trade between the Dolphins and Vikings 4th rounder

by far the best QB on that roster and a lot more versatile than I expected

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I can play tonight and maybe tomorrow but I might have something to take care of tomorrow that might take all day. I just don't know for sure yet. I'll keep you updated.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Dubious posted:

I'm starting him in regular league as a result of the blockbuster trade between the Dolphins and Vikings 4th rounder

by far the best QB on that roster and a lot more versatile than I expected

Easily 3/4ths of my Ints last year involve me trying to put a deep ball into anything even resembling coverage. Don't do it, especially post patch.

However, he can be trusted to put short passes on the money, as you saw by the Phantom Catch in the Superbowl.

Dave, i'll be online tonight and god help my liver if the Giants lose in a blowout.

Yuzenn fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 4, 2014

D_I
Aug 31, 2004
Because of Time constraints I'm gonna go ahead and resign from the league. It's been fun.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Dubious posted:

CPU Fins @ Havoc - :thurman:RUTS alert:thurman: JFF probably going to keep exploiting weak defenses here for a 60 burger

JFF is now rated 95 and as become a god that doesn't miss passes. I will try and dial it back, probably try out some new offenses schemes to see if I can get anything working with new plays.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Jets/Colts stream up.

Twitch.tv/dpcv8

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

davecrazy posted:

Jets/Colts stream up.

Twitch.tv/dpcv8

GG Dave, my defense needs some work on the scrimmage field....that 70 yard run and early TD pass were well called. You were getting right over my shallow zone, I was amazed you weren't throwing more often. Manuel seems too leadfooted to run option plays anyhoo....

After throwing a pick early in the first and missing five of my first six throws, Charles saves the day with 116 yards passing and a TD and 140 on the ground and three TD's. I couldn't think it could happen but I think he got faster over the offseason, he got to the edge so drat fast I couldn't believe it. His spin move was money for me and he caught a lot of passes to keep drives going.

Tannehill needs to shake the rust off after a pedestrian day at best. Larry Fitzgerald saw one target which was a drop, but I think its time to start bringing Maclin into the fold and stretching the field some.

There is no way Charles is going to be my return man all year, it just isn't worth the inevitable injury.....

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Yeah GG, I've been playing terribly lately.

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
Piper wanna play tonight?

Also how much xp did y'all get to start the year? I logged on for the first time since the playoffs and had 30k ish xp on several guys. On an unrelated note Prince Amukamara now has 99 awareness

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Bonham posted:

Piper wanna play tonight?

Yeah. 7:30?

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

Bonham posted:

On an unrelated note Prince Amukamara now has 99 awareness

Wish this was true in real life, maybe he wouldn't have torn his biceps :(.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Well I lost my 7th consecutive user game in this league but I actually kept it close. Minor victories.

GG Bonham.

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!

The Piper posted:

Well I lost my 7th consecutive user game in this league but I actually kept it close. Minor victories.

GG Bonham.

GG. Ponder was showing signs of life at the end there. #notallcarrs had a setback this week throwing 3 ints to 1 TD. Running game going nowhere, but Sammy Watkins and Rob Housler are getting open like crazy.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Once Paperback plays, we're advancing!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

This game is so much different when you have real wide receivers. Like absurdly so. I get why people are having field days on offense because in both leagues my receivers were hot garbage until this draft. Gives me hope for the real league.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

I like how Ryan Tannehill's name is misspelled in the thread title.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
:siren:Season 2 Week 3:siren:

Matchups of the league that can advance :v:

Raiders and Buccs both won their sims quite handily.

waah @ CPU Vikings - Kansas City's newfound offensive game looks to make it 3 wins in a row against Sam Bradford's Vikings.
Piper @ Yuzenn - two of the better defensive minds face off in an AFC playoff game preview. Offensively, it's the battle of the 2011 first round QBs in the game of who turns it over the least.
Havoc @ CPU Culturally Insensitive Football Team (FW's PS4 is still in limbo) - JFF has gone crazy! Who can stop the madness in Dallas?
CPU Steelers @ Nagger - Megatron gonna break one of these days, but until he does, TDs are going to rain.
Dave @ CPU Texans - EJ Manuel's grasp on the starting job is slip, slip, slipping away unless he rebounds against a lovely Houston team.
FG @ CPU Giants - AP is gonna take out the switch on this sorry squad. Twitter states that Coughlin regrets the role he played in the incident.
CPU Chargers @ Paperback - Raiders, fresh off a huge 42 point sim win, look to keep their rushing attack moving forward; three different backs scored last week.
Bonham @ CPU Bills - Gonna be a bad day in Buffalo for the fans as the Titans are coming in after two strong user wins.
Dubious @ CPU Falcons - RG3 is going to look to score early and often through the air against a pitiful Atlanta secondary, but is wary of their quick pass rush.

Advance will be Sunday, November 9th in the afternoon.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Web app says I have 2 injured.

Someone give me the bad news

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Dubious posted:

Piper @ Yuzenn - two of the better defensive minds face off in an AFC playoff game preview.

I'm not as confident that I'll be making the playoffs. I'm just hoping this goes better than my last game against Yuzenn when he hung 41 points on me and killed Carson Palmer.

Yuzenn, can you play tonight?

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

The Piper posted:

I'm not as confident that I'll be making the playoffs. I'm just hoping this goes better than my last game against Yuzenn when he hung 41 points on me and killed Carson Palmer.

Yuzenn, can you play tonight?

Sure thing, i'll be on

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

Dubious posted:

Web app says I have 2 injured.

Someone give me the bad news

Oh poo poo O-line

Nicks broken thumb 2 weeks

Kelce Dislocated hip 7 weeks

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

human being Guy posted:

Oh poo poo O-line

Nicks broken thumb 2 weeks

Kelce Dislocated hip 7 weeks

of course it's my o-line, because they can't get injured in actual games

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

I was up until about 1am and didn't see you Piper, ill be on again late night tonight

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Yuzenn posted:

I was up until about 1am and didn't see you Piper, ill be on again late night tonight

LOL, I was just looking for you to sign on with my PSN app while watching TNF. Guess we both had the same plan. Wanna set a time for tonight? 5pm EST?

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

The Piper posted:

LOL, I was just looking for you to sign on with my PSN app while watching TNF. Guess we both had the same plan. Wanna set a time for tonight? 5pm EST?

Thats odd, I was online the whole time on my app....ah well.

It's a week day so I won't be online till at least 10:30 est, if I'm on earlier ill just msg you on the app

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Yuzenn posted:

Thats odd, I was online the whole time on my app....ah well.

It's a week day so I won't be online till at least 10:30 est, if I'm on earlier ill just msg you on the app

10:30 PM EST should be OK for me too.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Tannehill throws for 400 yards and 4 TDs and the Colts defeat the Jags 42-35. How do I defense?

Ponder balled out though.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

The Piper posted:

Tannehill throws for 400 yards and 4 TDs and the Colts defeat the Jags 42-35. How do I defense?

Ponder balled out though.

It's back to the drawing board with my defense cause they are just getting gashed on the run. Morris felt like he could get 6 yards each play before being touched. My drafted MLB better train harder and faster!

Tannehill never ceases to amaze, he's growing on me. As soon as I threw that Eli-esque pick six to start the game I figured I would be playing from behind but little did I know he would be my crutch. You threw an all out blitz at me that could have gotten him killed but somehow it faked out your corner that was coming in for the kill shot and I got a wide open Terrance Williams across the middle.

That Hail Mary at the half was such luck I'm almost sorry it happened. Cecil Shorts the Third plucks one of those out of the air...yeah ok.

Where the hell are my corners this year? I put almost every possible play in to keep you from throwing to the sticks, even with instructing them at the line to protect the sticks!! Ah well, as long as Charles and Tannehill are healthy I can just ride them each game.....

Good Game!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Who says CPU games aren't stressful? :shepicide:

waah fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 8, 2014

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I really don't like Confidence this year, a lot of you probably haven't even seen how much it fucks up some of your rookies/FA's key stats because they "don't know the playbook". You can only see the downgrades/upgrades in the Depth Chart menu. Like my rookie WR has 5 or 6 TDs and is still having his stats downgraded.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
advance today, pending nagger

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
:siren:Season 2 Week 4:siren:

MATCHUPS

Everyone plays the CPU except:

Bonham @ Waah

Get em in!

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
^^^

Sweet I'm drunken and bored.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Bonham when you wanna do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Jamaal Charles' stats for this season look copy/pasted from the real NFL, with that silly amount of carrying the rushing and receiving game :v:

• Locked thread