Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
When Newtons legs go he is done. Kaepernick too. Meanwhile Manning never had legs and now has a popgun arm and still puts up huge numbers. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

African AIDS cum posted:

When Newtons legs go he is done. Kaepernick too. Meanwhile Manning never had legs and now has a popgun arm and still puts up huge numbers. Thoughts?

We need to get an actual O line or Russell will be done when his legs go.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

wheez the roux posted:

how's my peter king impression

7/10 you didn't imply he is a thug

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

African AIDS cum posted:

With the cap savings Gettleman is already investing in a track wheel mobility system. Yall gonna be mad jelly over Cyborg Tank-Cam

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

FizFashizzle posted:

An interesting comparison, since Atlanta fans were ready to bail on him when, in his fourth year, he led the Falcons to 2 points in a playoff loss against the Giants with a team that really had its poo poo together.

Atlanta fans are (TFF excluded) loving retarded.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

Atlanta fans are (TFF excluded) loving retarded.

Thanks for the consideration.

You're super right though, they are the worst.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Chilichimp posted:

Thanks for the consideration.

You're super right though, they are the worst.

I mean... Matt Ryan is not the issue with your team. He is a very good QB.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Petite Dinklage posted:

7/10 you didn't imply he is a thug

Is that something that even needs to be said?

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Chichevache posted:

Is that something that even needs to be said?

Jesus Chiche you never say it, you imply it heavy handedly.

Get your poo poo together.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Petite Dinklage posted:

Jesus Chiche you never say it, you imply it heavy handedly.

Get your poo poo together.

:sigh:

Look, a franchise qb needs to be the kind of guy you'd want to take your daughter out. Now if I was gonna let my daughter date a qb he'd need to be someone steadfast and firm, a guy who doesn't run away from problems. There's only one qb like that in my opinion and it is Big Ben. He stands up to adversity in the pocket like a real man should. Now Cam and Kap, well just look at them. Watch them on the field and you can see how slick and skittish they are. Always looking to flea from trouble as soon as it comes their way. I think of them as jiggers, bouncing around the way they do. Would you want a slippery guy like that dating your daughter? Not this hombre.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Hombre? This is America, pal, speak English.

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em
I think you mean American.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

waah posted:

gently caress Scam Newton bring back Randy Fasani and Brian St. Pierre and Vinny Testeverde.

Am I doing this right?
You need a proven winner, a Heisman winner.

Bring back Chris Weinke.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

CannonFodder posted:

You need a proven winner, a Heisman winner.

Bring back Chris Weinke.

Sign Tim "Just Wins Games" Tebow, be led to the promised land.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Aubergine Mage posted:

Sign Tim "Just Wins Games" Tebow, be led to the promised land.
Beating the Steelers? I'm down with that.

Half of NC would be sad.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

this thread is loving garbo

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Cam Newton the last few years is like the definition of average and I don't know why people feel the need to ruthlessly defend him. He obviously doesn't need to be benched but y'all would be crazy to pay a lot for him when contract time comes around.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

that game owned so hard

Yes

yes it did. I actually don't recall that Falcons team being particularly special though. I wasn't worried about that game at all.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Nov 1, 2014

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Yes, cam as he is right now is the definition of an average qb. However, his physical abilities alone would loan themselves to a dynamite, top-flight QB if he was put in the right situation. He doesn't need world beaters, but he needs people he can be confident in. He's never had that.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chichevache posted:

We need to get an actual O line or Russell will be done when his legs go.

Tom Cable needs to go

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
So uh I can tell you Cam Newton can do touch passes.

Don't ask me how I can tell you please it's a trigger.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Did he....throw some touch passes against the Bengals? I bet that's how you know

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
show me on the field where cam touched you

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

I mean... Matt Ryan is not the issue with your team. He is a very good QB.

Turns out is is too much to ask for Atlanta fans to believe even a good QB can have a bad game.

I've been arguing with dip-shits for years about Matt Ryan. Every time the birds lose, they blame Matt Ryan. I know people who argued in 2011, 2013, and to this day that Ryan is the problem with the offense, when he's got almost no protection whatsoever and still puts up top 5 numbers.

Of course, when the o-line is solid (2012), the team puts up big leads and forces opponents into passing which allowed the decent DB's to force a lot of turnovers. The team goes to the NFCCG where the inability to develop pass-rushers hosed them over good.

Of course, maybe if the "this win means loving nothing, we're the #1 seed win or lose, why even play our starters" Buccaneers game had been played right... by sitting the starters, John Abraham wouldn't have injured his ankle and he'd have been fresh and loose for the play-off run... and maybe we'd have loving won.

Now that I'm remembering that, gently caress Mike Smith. Living in the failures of the past is loving awesome. :suicide:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Petite Dinklage posted:

How are you at using dog whistle words w/r/t race

Cam newton is proof black qbs are treated differently in the nfl and aren't given a chance to succeed

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Cam newton is proof black qbs are treated differently in the nfl and aren't given a chance to succeed

Excuse me, but a black qb is the current world champion. No, I don't think it matters that he makes Bill Cosby look like DMX.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Excuse me, but a black qb is the current world champion. No, I don't think it matters that he makes Bill Cosby look like DMX.

I'll bet Russell Wilson loves Jello Pudding Pops.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Chichevache posted:

I would gently caress a duck to hear Bill Cosby's rendition of "Get At Me Dawg".

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Chichevache posted:

Andy Dalton is blacker than Russell Wilson.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
bill cosby is a serial rapist and all-around piece of poo poo human being

russell is the polar opposite

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

wheez the roux posted:

bill cosby is a serial rapist and all-around piece of poo poo human being

russell is the polar opposite

A single-time-only rapist and piece of food human being?

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

ZenVulgarity posted:

I'm pretty sure all average QBs get poo poo on for not being elite (i mean even peyton loving manning caught poo poo for awhile)especially when the team is doing awful. You can argue whether the assessment is fair or unfair but its you who are injecting race into a very common discussion about all quarterbacks.

RonMexicosPitbull fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Nov 2, 2014

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

ChickenMedium posted:

A single-time-only rapist and piece of food human being?

No he means Wilson was raped many times and is a piece of human pile of poo poo.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Absolutely and utterly pathetic performance by the Chargers.

There's really nothing else to say about it.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

#56 is the best

Potzblitz!
Jan 20, 2005

Kung-Fu fighter
lol the Jets are 1-8

Go Browns!

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I'm glad the Chargers are dead imo

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Charger fans already won their super bowl when Keenan Allen torched Sherman for... 53 yards. Peaked too early

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Well this game was effectively over halfway through the third quarter, so I guess i'll start about the Chargers.

I vastly underestimated the Dolphins because they've looked so inconsistent for most of the year up to this point. But they absolutely destroyed the Chargers today. San Diego looked physically overpowered on both sides of the ball - the interior of the Chargers' o-line was getting pushed back into Rivers' face the entire game, and they couldn't open any holes in the running game whatsoever. It doesn't really matter if they have a healthy Mathews, Oliver, Donald or Ronnie Brown - they can't give any push. Miami's secondary completely handled the Chargers' receivers today for the most part - Brent Grimes had a hell of a game. This also was Rivers' worst game in years too, I can't remember him ever being pulled before the fourth like this.

Miami's offensive line completely handled the Chargers' pass rush and gave Tannehill all the time in the world to throw, and when the Chargers even got close to him, they did something completely stupid to negate anything good they had done. (like Donald Butler idiotically trying to rip Tannehill's head off on Miami's opening drive in the third) Tannehill did look very sharp, and also, Miami's running game totally wrecked San Diego all game long.

I'm not in meltdown mode, but going into the bye having lost three straight and looking worse in each loss is disappointing.

• Locked thread