Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
Feminists have created the paradigm of conversation where male circumcision is never as bad as female circumcision, and the two do not compare in anyway.

I do not believe this is true. I believe feminists created this paradigm on purpose as a way to stop the intactivist movement, and believe feminists have 2 motives for doing so:

Anti-male sexism
Fear that a legitimate male issue disproves male privilege

Feminists say that female circumcision- or female genital mutilation- is much worse than male circumcision because male circumcision is done in safely is hospitals, while FGM is done on the ground with broken bottles in unsafe conditions.

And, this is true. The more severe types of FGM performed in Africa are certain, on average, worse than male circumcision done in the united states.

But this is a very amero-centric view. They ignore 2 things:

that many female circumcisions are done safely in hospitals
that male genital mutilation in africa is just as brutal as FGM kills as many boys as FGM

In most cases, FGM is NOT performed in a mud-hut with a broken beer bottle, but in a hospital by trained professionals, and is 99% safe. The girl will lose significant sexual pleasure, like in male circumcision, but is unlikely to experience complications more severe than that.

However, in many places-especially africa- male circumcision is brutal, and very very severe. its often forced on child and adults who are held down and circumcised with a rusty knife or broken bottle. Thousands of boys die every year, and thousands more suffer severe injury and dis-figuration.

Take the eastern cape province of south africa. this years circumcision season has experienced a record number of deaths. theres a doctor there who tracks injuries and deaths and has a website with a picture gallery- its extremely brutal and graphic.

http://ulwaluko.co.za/Photos.html

This happens all over africa. many of the reasons given by feminists for why FGM is so bad also happens to these boys

-unsafe procedure

-untrained "staff"

-high risk of death

-permanent disfiguration

So, in some places in the world, male circumcisions are preformed in hospitals. Although sexual pleasure is usually significant and adversely affected, death and other serious injury is rare.

In some places in the world, female circumcisions are preformed in hospitals. Although sexual pleasure is usually significant and adversely affected, death and other serious injury is rare.

In some places in the world, male genital mutilation is performed in unsanitary conditions by untrained persons, often with broken bottles or rusty knives. thousands of boys die every year, and thousands more suffer severe permanent injury.

In some places in the world, female genital mutilation is performed in unsanitary conditions by untrained persons, often with broken bottles or rusty knives. thousands of boys die every year, and thousands more suffer severe permanent injury.

in my mind, this makes the two equal an comparable.

If you look at the statistics, many more males are circumcised than females

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Cut your dick off and go downtown to turn in your man card. You don't deserve it.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
was expecting goatse

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i tipped my waiter 10% because he was making me late to my gun control & anti-nuclear power advocacy meeting

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
how ugly is your dick OP

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

my circumcision was definitely a pretty big issue if you know what i mean

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
try something funny next time OP

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014
i actually saw a circumcision and wanted to run out of the hospital screaming its pretty barbarous

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

both are bad, and any woman who circumcises their baby for hygeine reasons should have her loving clit scoured off with steel wool

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011

gnarlyhotep posted:

try something funny next time OP

This is a serious subject

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
guys have much bigger dicks than females, yes indeed

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I have to give credit to the OP here because even though I think his argument is dumb I would have to waste too much time to try and engage it.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Race Hate Kramer posted:

This is a serious subject

it's all in the approach

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
when gnarlyhotep politely tells you to try again, that is some sad depressing poo poo man

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
if he doesn't like it, nobody will

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Poetic Justice posted:

when gnarlyhotep politely tells you to try again, that is some sad depressing poo poo man

hahah so true

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

A foreskin necklace with clits for pearls: problem solved

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm
If I ever ejected a male spawn from my vag zone I wouldn't circumsize it. But I think it is weird that guys get mad at lady feminists specifically for not leading the charge against male circumcision. Non penis havers being the face of critiquing penises seems like a bad idea and feminists are already prone to be on the bad side of the religious institutions keeping that practice going.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
i seriooooooooooously cant read all that

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
If the op had seen a clit irl he would know that aint true bro.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

1gnoirents posted:

i seriooooooooooously cant read all that

i read every single letter and i dont remember a thing

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
i think pineapple on pizza is good, and i like to eat it while watching anime

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

angerbot posted:

you loving monster

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

gnarlyhotep posted:

you loving monster

stop being so tsundere you baka

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

RAGE HOLE posted:

If I ever ejected a male spawn from my vag zone I wouldn't circumsize it. But I think it is weird that guys get mad at lady feminists specifically for not leading the charge against male circumcision. Non penis havers being the face of critiquing penises seems like a bad idea and feminists are already prone to be on the bad side of the religious institutions keeping that practice going.

Nobody but crazy people are asking them to lead the charge, just stop almost constantly incidentally not giving a gently caress despite both practices being arguably nearly equally loving stupid. Genital mutilation is bad, as a concept, when applied to men or women, and a mother probably has final say about what happens to the croth spawn during birth so it's in your hands to stop it in the west.

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

I didn't read that poo poo. Can we talk about how motorcycles are dangerous?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

if i ever have sex im just gonna start pumping boys into dozens of women just so i can have the joy of circumcising them

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i take my steak well done and drowned in ketchup

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

angerbot posted:

i will break you goddamned jaw with these loving knuckles, you STUPID IDIOT MOTHERFUCKER

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

my circumcision was done with a hammer and chisel and i'm more of a man because of it

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
anime is good, as well as loving with another man's automobile

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:
My weiner looks like a pink toadstool. Yours looks like a sausage that didn't pass quality control.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I wasn't circumcised until I was 7 years old over a baptismal font and it felt bad until it felt great, like an asian woman setting your penis on fire while wearing latex.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

heh, have you guys seen that gamergate...? *loosens tie*

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Business Gorillas posted:

heh, have you guys seen that gamergate...? *loosens tie*

yeah I seen them gamergates. helluva thing.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I mean really though basically the main point you'd have to argue over is whether the side effects of male vs female circumcision are more severe and that just seems like a really unpleasant debate to get involved in. If nothing else you have to commend the OP for this.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
stem/humanities degrees are for children

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

the world would be a lot better off if only the fittest and smartest of us were allowed to breed

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp
I think having smelly dog dicks is worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Business Gorillas posted:

the world would be a lot better off if only the fittest and smartest of us were allowed to breed

I'm doing my part by not breeding :911:

• Locked thread