Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

each time you post in this thread you get 1 point. you can give that point to people, or keep it. you can attack someone with 1 point and they lose 2 points. the poster with the most points wins the game.game on
rule clarification:

Phoon posted:

if you have negative points i assume you cant attack people

Sheng-Ji Yang fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Oct 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

op counts as a point. i win

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Okay, here's a REAL bare bones idea I came up with this evening. I'm fairly tired, so please excuse any spelling or grammatical fuckups.

Forum wars have always been an exciting yet very VERY illegal way of attacking other forums and transforming their once beautiful forum into a rancid cesspit of failure (for a short period of time), eventually leading into mass banning and a whole bunch of drama nobody really cares to deal with.

SO MY BRAND-SPANKING NEW IDEA IS AS FOLLOWS!!!!

1) We create a "SA Forums Innerforum", a large world broken up and spaced apart from the various forums on SA. GBS will naturally be the crown city, FYAD might be a large pink island to the west, and YOSPOS could be a giant golden island floating throughout the sky... but various subforums will be perfectly able to band together and take down the the highly defensed GBS Crown City. It will completely be up to users, their organization, their power, and their ability to plan missions through.

Each major forum will be given its own large land mass, and the individuals who post the most in that zone will become members. some sort of government should be chosen, and debated should determine the most trustworthy users in the forum. The members of each zone will be able to vote on what type of government they want, and which members should apply for those positions.

Each major forum land's mass will start up with an apartment building, able to hold all members (and additional ones). Also, there will be a cemetery nearby that lists the members who posts there and never came back. If they do return, their corpse will arise from their grave.

Each major forum zone will provide special elements and tools indigenous to only their area. Figuring out how to use them properly could result in ICBM, poisoning water supplies. Tanks, Earthquake machines, etc etc. These elements and tools can be discovered by digging, combining, working together, and figuring out how everything comes together.

As you can probably tell, the game element of this is going to be based highly off Minecraft, especially when it comes to the PvP aspect of it. Initially your homerooms will be safe... but once people start putting together tools that can penetrate your walls, you'll either have to move, hide, or group up with somebody stronger than you.

People who are 100% griefer (ie, not advancing the cause of their own team, just PKing them nonstop) will be put into TIMEPROBATION. Its AWFUL.

Needless to say, we'd like to use something along the lines of Minecraft (but NOT Minecraft) to get this project rolling. First of all, I'd like to hear about questions or comments you might have about this idea. and then we'll go from there!

Thanks!!! Also, we would NOT like to run the Minecraft engine, so if there are any coders out there with experience and suggestions, it would be tremendously useful for us. If this looks possible, we will be interested in hiring 1 or 2 fulltime coders to come work for us! Either reply in this thread and / or PM me!

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
I now have one point

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Okay, here's a REAL bare bones idea I came up with this evening. I'm fairly tired, so please excuse any spelling or grammatical fuckups.

Forum wars have always been an exciting yet very VERY illegal way of attacking other forums and transforming their once beautiful forum into a rancid cesspit of failure (for a short period of time), eventually leading into mass banning and a whole bunch of drama nobody really cares to deal with.

1) We create a "SA Forums Innerforum", a large world broken up and spaced apart from the various forums on SA. GBS will naturally be the crown city, FYAD might be a large pink island to the west, and YOSPOS could be a giant golden island floating throughout the sky... but various subforums will be perfectly able to band together and take down the the highly defensed GBS Crown City. It will completely be up to users, their organization, their power, and their ability to plan missions through.

Each major forum will be given its own large land mass, and the individuals who post the most in that zone will become members. some sort of government should be chosen, and debated should determine the most trustworthy users in the forum. The members of each zone will be able to vote on what type of government they want, and which members should apply for those positions.

Each major forum land's mass will start up with an apartment building, able to hold all members (and additional ones). Also, there will be a cemetery nearby that lists the members who posts there and never came back. If they do return, their corpse will arise from their grave.

Each major forum zone will provide special elements and tools indigenous to only their area. Figuring out how to use them properly could result in ICBM, poisoning water supplies. Tanks, Earthquake machines, etc etc. These elements and tools can be discovered by digging, combining, working together, and figuring out how everything comes together.

As you can probably tell, the game element of this is going to be based highly off Minecraft, especially when it comes to the PvP aspect of it. Initially your homerooms will be safe... but once people start putting together tools that can penetrate your walls, you'll either have to move, hide, or group up with somebody stronger than you.

People who are 100% griefer (ie, not advancing the cause of their own team, just PKing them nonstop) will be put into TIMEPROBATION. Its AWFUL.

Needless to say, we'd like to use something along the lines of Minecraft (but NOT Minecraft) to get this project rolling. First of all, I'd like to hear about questions or comments you might have about this idea. and then we'll go from there!

Thanks!!! Also, we would NOT like to run the Minecraft engine, so if there are any coders out there with experience and suggestions, it would be tremendously useful for us. If this looks possible, we will be interested in hiring 1 or 2 fulltime coders to come work for us! Either reply in this thread and / or PM me!

cool idea, video games are fun

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
i now have 2 points

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
I now have three points, and i use all three of them to attack OP for 6 pointsworth of damage, rendering the OP at -3 points

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Quickscope420dad posted:

I now have three points, and i use all three of them to attack OP for 6 pointsworth of damage, rendering the OP at -3 points

gently caress

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Didn't read.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

radium please add our points under our avs tia

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
I'm, in a Corean mmo. Made a new Character and I'm dressed in a loin cloth with a dull dagger as my weapon. Time to go grind on critters for a while.

Miss

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i'd like a point please

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Claiming my first point

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

now im at -1

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

can i havve another point

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

+22983 into penis size

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

can i post an image its video game related its not a screen shot of a game its a comic about a game and if its okay if i do that maybe if someone guesses what game its about they could get a special prise of ten points. its up to you op

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i have four pints now

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Korranus posted:

+22983 into penis size

LMAO!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Phoon posted:

yes

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
I now have 1 point again

enjoying this game OP thankyou

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
1 point plz!

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Someone quote that Lowtax post about making a forums video game.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lonesomedwarf posted:

can i post an image its video game related its not a screen shot of a game its a comic about a game and if its okay if i do that maybe if someone guesses what game its about they could get a special prise of ten points. its up to you op

all posts work irregardless of content

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Yeah I'll have another.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i would like to give tghe op a point :D and i d like to attack op!!!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I attack op with both my points.

Minus 4 to OP

back to 1 for me after this post.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm gay

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

ok i attack op with two points, op loses four points i keep the point I am generating from this post

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
i have two points and will give them and any subsequent points i accrue equally to future posters who use their own self-earned points to attack the OP

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

corleone and i are running similar strategies i think we should form a guild

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i have lost count of my points

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
*takes another -2 point stab at op*

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

wow wtf guys

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

wow wtf guys

I have now stopped using my points (3 now) to attack you but am establishing a posting mafia who will attack you in return for free points that i will give them. I will offer you protection by giving you a share of the points i earn if you modify the rules so that I win automatically.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i need another point

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Phoon posted:

corleone and i are running similar strategies i think we should form a guild

yeah, a post is a point, so hit op every single post, its a cant lose! we basically get double the posts as him, this is how you kill a boss. how many total hp does he have?

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I use all points possible to attack OP for all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
+1

Total: 1

• Locked thread