Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am playing teleglitch and I keep seeing a bunch of goons say they aren't good at knifing and are telling others to not bother with knifing. On my second time playing it I got really good at knifing though.

I don't get it, why are some goons bad at video games?

Also I remember in the metal gear thread that some people restarted mgs3 when they realized they missed the nvg because they thought they were a "critical" item needed to beat several sections of the game including the fear, but the fear is really really easy to beat without using any sort of opitics you just need to look at the falling leaves from trees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
pubbies are bad but goons are better than pubbies therefore you are wrong

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
people with autism are also known for having trouble with timing, which makes some goons really bad.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

not everyone's good at the same things and the specific game you're talking about is one that you can't really brute force with persistence despite sucking at what you need to do

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014
i hate that loving game

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

I find that usually people who are really good at video games had a Nintendo growing up? I had a Sega and I played it all the time and I'm terrible at video games.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
They have been watching Lowtax and Shmorky for instruction. This is why some goons are really bad at video games.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Action Yak Police posted:

I find that usually people who are really good at video games had a Nintendo growing up? I had a Sega and I played it all the time and I'm terrible at video games.

that might explain it, i'm also terrible at video games but i just keep trying a million times until i either get to a save point or get tired of dying

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

mr.capps posted:

Because a lot of videogames require you to think creatively which is impossible for spergs to do

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
cause spatial awareness, reflexes, and general IQ. its actually one of the few things some questions on an IQ test can directly correlate to

for them there are other games such as WoW

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Yaldabaoth posted:

Because a lot of videogames require you to think creatively which is impossible for spergs to do

why think creatively, when the game for the most part is made by engineers, just think like them and you can make a game do what you want 99% of the time.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im good at ck2 but not much else

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
video gaymes are pretty hard. It's taken me years to master them

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'm bad at online FPS because of carpal tunnel, I've had to adjust my play style to not include sprinting (pushing down on joystick makes hand hurt), which really gimps any type of potential builds. I'm not sure whether it was the hours of masturbation time logged that caused the carpal tunnel or the years of video games; perhaps it was both.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

TOILETLORD posted:

people with autism are also known for having trouble with timing, which makes some goons really bad.

i thought autistic people were really good with timing

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

pubbies are bad but goons are better than pubbies therefore you are wrong

i never understood this one at all. goons are garbage more than half the time they just have more numbers and semi cohesion. but yet people keep thinking goons are good at games

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Watching geof play dark souls was embarrassing. Dude never learned how to combat and just brute forced his way through everything with heavy armor and chugging the health thing.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I wonder the same thing sometimes as well op but then I remember that most people haven't been playing games 40 hours a week for 20 years like I have so maybe I can cut them a break every now and then

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014
goons are good at eve but it's basically an autistic tyranny simulator so...

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
being good at video games takes effort and i am goons are lazy

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Because goons like RPGs mostly OP.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

i thought autistic people were really good with timing
literally everyone falls under the gbs definition of autistic. we've throughly established this already

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

What is a videgoame? a miserable pile of bugs lol

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I used to think I was bad at video games until I watched my non-gamer friend try to play Wind Waker. It was like watching a retard trying to paddle a rowboat. Now I think I'm just mediocre.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

I tried to play Sonic with my dad when I was little and he just couldn't do it. I'm pretty sure he was faking so he wouldn't have to spend time with me though, all the loving buttons are jump.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

in the iOS thread a bunch of goons were upset when Tiny Wings came out because they couldn't figure out the controls designed for a 3 year old. they also bitched really bad about Nimblequest, which is another game that is crazy easy to control. one of the developers is a goon and they kept crying at him to add a virtual joystick or something to the game because their giant man hands couldn't handle swipe-controls and the developer just said "no".

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
I dug up my Nintendo and Sega Genesis to play games for Hallowe'en. If any kids see I'm sure they'll think the TV is broken, what with the giant 8-bit sprites and rad chiptunes coming from it.

Looking into strangers' houses is one of the many perks of being a kid on Hallowe'en.

Or I may just give up and run through Portal 2 with my roommate again.

TETRIS

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
with SP+MP enabled games especially you have to realize that more than half the players will never go online, or possibly even play against another human being

so the most dribbling idiot you've ever played against is already in the top 50% or better simply by virtue of experience

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
goons are pubbies dumb enough to think having :tenbux: makes them superior to pubbies

usually, this makes them far worse

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

goons are pretty decent at the games ive played with them

the goon tf2 server i tried out was far, far more difficult than the valve servers that i usually stomp effortlessly
the two goon planetside 2 outfits are some of the objectively better ones in the game
plenty of really smooth dungeon runs with goons in guild wars 2 and the vanilla WoW server, much more so than you'd get with random dudes
played space station 13 with goons and they were mostly "good" at it i guess? kinda hard to gauge that sort of thing in ss13. the goon minecraft server i played on is in the same boat. there were some nice structures theyre good at minecraft, or something

think those are the only games ive played with goons. usually i just stick to my group of friends

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014
i played space station 13 with goons and three janitors tazed me, stole my clothes, drank my fluids and threw my husk into a shredder :saddowns:

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
i dont know, im a goon and im average at games. :shrug:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
It is bad to make generalizations about all goons, or all pubbies, because these are diverse groups of white male children/manchildren and include people from all walks of life as long as they are white, and nerdy, and immature. However :10bux: filters out a lot of 12-year-olds, so goons are on balance slightly better at video games because if you see a goon in a video game they are less likely to be a literal child.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i don't play multiplayer because competition is anathema to true gaming.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
i've been playing fps since i was like 3, maybe not healthy, but i can pick up any shooter and stay top of the scoreboard all night, and that makes me feel pretty cool and badass

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

mr.capps posted:

I am playing teleglitch and I keep seeing a bunch of goons say they aren't good at knifing and are telling others to not bother with knifing. On my second time playing it I got really good at knifing though.

Also I remember in the metal gear thread that some people restarted mgs3 when they realized they missed the nvg because they thought they were a "critical" item needed to beat several sections of the game including the fear, but the fear is really really easy to beat without using any sort of opitics you just need to look at the falling leaves from trees.

gently caress NVG, the thermal are way better. Yeah I could be some jungle commando and look for subtle signs, but I ain't got time for that. Plus I have poo poo loads of batteries from eating glowing mushrooms (???)

From what I've seen, the goons that are the most socially stunted and broken are actually the worst players, which totally goes against what you would think.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
i used to just slam down pop and listen to gabber and play 24/7 iceworld in css all day

:pcgaming: is probably the most apt emoticon ever

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Goons have been consistently the best players in multiplayer games whenever I've played with them. I think you just suck op

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
the goons who are bad are there as comic relief by flying sideways into your galaxy as soon as you leave the warpgate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Stoic Commie posted:

the goons who are bad are there as comic relief by flying sideways into your galaxy as soon as you leave the warpgate

That or those idiots that stand still all day staring down a scope, completely oblivious to the explosions and bullets around them, or the person running up behind them with a knife.

• Locked thread