Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

When I was like 10 my parents took me to Barnes & Noble to spend my birthday money and in the computer section there was this weird British game called Diggers on sale for :20bux:. It was basically Lemmings crossed with Terraria and was pretty sweet, unfortunately no one ever heard of it and the market for games where you screw around and dig tunnels laid dormant for another 15 years until a fat neckbeard rediscovered it and became a billionaire. What other weird cool games did you have as a kid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

playing wee wee with my uncle

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

fury of the furries

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
I had this game on NES called Conquest of The Crystal Palace. It was really loving hard and the music was amazing.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

heres one its called waxworks

i bought it years ago and it came on those floppy disks 5.whatever and it had one of those copy protection cardboard circle things

i liked it a lot here are some screenshots

the idea was that there was a waxworks and you were there for some reason that i cant remember maybe you inherited it anyway there were four exhibits and you had to go into each, one was a mine with horrible plant creatures, one was jack the ripper and you had to fight jack the ripper at the end, one was a pyramid and one was a graveyard with zombies and a vampire. the zombie level was cool because you had to cut their arms off then their head

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i didnt manage to finish it but i solved a puzzle in the pyramid level and felt pretty cool

there were some pretty detailed death screens and the graphics were great for the time, i didnt have a sound card though

Saltin
Aug 20, 2003
Don't touch
Rat Hotel on the Vic 20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFnmBOCZE0A

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Cut my teeth in Mutant League Football and am world champion

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I've played this little game called Super Mario brothers, don't know if you guys heard of it

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Lemmings was pretty drat popular but for some reason no one I ever talk to about it has any loving clue what I am talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9wgu_teAsw

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Windows 98 posted:

Lemmings was pretty drat popular but for some reason no one I ever talk to about it has any loving clue what I am talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9wgu_teAsw

get better friends, every dork knows about lemmings

the only weird thing about it is why there's no remake yet

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

the lemmings game is factually inaccurate ive been waiting for the perfect time to drop this bombshell

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

here are some more

dangerous dave in the haunted mansion!!!!

captain comic

usually the music from captain comic would randomly pop into my head but i cant remember it now that im trying to. i never finished any of these games

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ooga Booga for the Dreamcast owned yet no one ever seems to have heard of it.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

this was one of the first games i ever played besides alley cat

it was pretty cool i guess

then there was a "3d" version which predated wolfenstein but i didnt like it as much

i did finish these ones

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i was blown away when i saw the ega graphics after seeing it in cga for so long. anyway

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

lonesomedwarf posted:

captain comic

usually the music from captain comic would randomly pop into my head but i cant remember it now that im trying to. i never finished any of these games

holy poo poo i forgot about this guy. this has to be one of the first games i palyed

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
We had a game in my 3rd grade classroom on, what I guess was, and Apple II or something. I can't remember. I also don't remember the name of the game. All I remember was that you could either be a boy or a girl, or two people could play at once(?) and you went around this huge maze finding these big rectangular puzzle pieces that would open doors, and there were these caterpillars that were enemies. At the end of each level you found a piece of armor or something, and the last level was walking around in this big fuckoff suit of armor and walking across a room to avoid arrows flying around. I've brought it up a few times in the past but I've never heard from anyone else that this existed.

Computer time was only for "good" students and I was hyperactive as gently caress and never got to play it :smith:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Alley Cat

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

lonesomedwarf posted:

captain comic

It was some piece of classical or old timey music that felt kind of out of place if I remember correctly, don't know what it was though.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

A girl at a yard sale gave me the humans for Genesis when I was little

Did not.have a Genesis

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
winback on the n64

edit: content

Electric Charity fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 31, 2014

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

larchesdanrew posted:

I also don't remember the name of the game.

Think Quick

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Mom bought me croc for.Saturn used but disk.was too scratched and no models showed up and she had to.take it back. Always felt like I let her down

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Gabriel Pope posted:

It was some piece of classical or old timey music that felt kind of out of place if I remember correctly, don't know what it was though.

i think this was it, apparently its the "marines hymn"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwS6OkgUXKE

Meeksha
May 5, 2009

i did it all for the nookie
Ask me how!
-freb dust

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

He's orange

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

lonesomedwarf posted:

i think this was it, apparently its the "marines hymn"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwS6OkgUXKE

In the year 2400 humanity will be flying around saving the galaxy from evil space wizards and space dinosaurs and energy beings and the Marines will still be bragging about that time we kicked Mexico's rear end. Sounds right.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Cyber Empire and Black Gold

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Played a demo of Eternam, and now have the full game, but it's on 3.5" floppy disks, and I have no way to play them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdiMAzDFPNU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

relevant:

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
My mom had obscure awesome game radar when I was a kid despite not ever playing any games (except soul calibur, she really liked that for some reason). One christmas, I opened a box and found this:

and this:

Great Greed turned out to be a fantastic game. Haven't played it in years so I'm unsure how it holds up, but everyone I showed it to at the time ended up buying it.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Ion Helmet posted:

Think Quick

:drat:

I've been trying to figure this out for over twenty years. God drat, thanks man. Shoot me a PM and your next coffee is on me.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
shining force 2

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
There was a strategy game on SNES called King Arthur's Quest that was pretty sweet. It was a side scroller where you attacked castles, then eventually went underground and poo poo got cooler and more difficult.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

hide the salami in my middle school math teacher

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

good joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

i played the share ware version of this game a billion times as a kid, didn't the name get changed because of copy rights or something.

• Locked thread