Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pretty much everything about the Colonization of the New World. Except slavery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Laurels in your soup will enhance its aroma.

Murcor
Dec 1, 2007

It's a hell of a thing
Reloading a firearm while a round is still in the chamber is quicker, and can save your life.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Solomonic posted:

Laurels in your soup will enhance its aroma.

This guy gets it.

Butthead
May 31, 2011
Time stops for farmers once it gets dark out. That's why they should do all of their social activity and chores around the neighborhood during the day time. Then they can work on the farm all night. If they get exhausted, they just go to the hot springs for a bit and then get back to work.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

The first third of Spacechem I played probably counts as two undergrad CS classes

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
"Her rear end is delicious..." ~Digital Devil Saga

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004
Pizza gives me extra energy. I can do it.

Kidsolo
Dec 4, 2006

Give the dog a bone
Mario taught me it is ok to drunk drive

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Your top speed is increased by holding a knife, slicing the air in front of you.

SpookyTurtle
Jun 13, 2003

Top of the food chain, Ma!

gender illusionist posted:

I learned that war never changes

Conversely: I learned that war has changed. MGS4

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
I learned that the start of any adventure is punching a bunch of trees.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Thank you Mario! But our princess is in another castle!

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

I learned that to enjoy life you have to ignore the people that annoy you, let the crazy world pass you by, appreciate your beautiful surroundings, ingest as many different consumables as possible and never try to set unrealistic goals from the Final Fantasys.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
The Iran Contra scandal involved Reagan selling guns to aliens or some poo poo

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
I learned that other children existed mostly to serve as a "buffer" to allow me chances to collect enough power-ups to defeat serial killers at camp. Eventually I would panic when too many other kids had died already, or if Jason was getting too powerful a weapon. Fortunately I had my career as an egg-smashing space knight riding on a flying ostrich I could fall back on. Whew!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Everquest taught me basic semiprecious gem colours like lapis lazuli, malachite, peridot, onyx, etc.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
I learned that although at first it might seem important to get the "brass rings" at work, what really matters in life is not the accrual of wealth. What is most important are emeralds. To get the emeralds in life I gotta go fast.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."

Roflan posted:

I learned that to enjoy life you have to ignore the people that annoy you, let the crazy world pass you by, appreciate your beautiful surroundings, ingest as many different consumables as possible and never try to set unrealistic goals from the Final Fantasys.

This is a good lesson.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Action Yak Police posted:

Obsessively hoard everything, you don't know when it might come in handy!

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
If you are spotted by a guard just turn invisible for a second and you'll be fine.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
You can commit a lot of low-level crimes at minimal risk if you are near an alley with a police bribe in it.

Also, I learned to shoot everyone and everything. But always hoard your grenades for fighting boss battles and armored vehicles.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Interspecies sex is a-ok so long as you're loving a blue lesbian.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Death can actually be defeated by a shitload of wooden boomerangs and a long-rear end whip

protomexican
May 1, 2009
The GEP Gun is always the most silent way to eliminate Manderley.

Not Nipsy Russell
Oct 6, 2004

Failure is always an option.
Did no one here learn that Winners Don't Use Drugs?

Because I did.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Everquest taught me basic semiprecious gem colours like lapis lazuli, malachite, peridot, onyx, etc.

Be careful who you let drag your corpse

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

being on fire is really bad but the fire will go out after 3 or 4 seconds

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Civ 2 taught me everything I know about geography and human hustory

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I can buy what I want as long as I have enough rupees.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

william of orange liked to wear womens' shoes

eternalbuffalo
Jun 8, 2005

Life still hard.
I learned that a horse can climb up a nearly impossible hill if you jump enough.

Drinking tonics makes you healthy again.

Also, the princess is always in another castle :(

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Mega Man Legends 2 forced you to memorize all kinds of trivia to pass some test to get a license or something, it was actually a cool idea, (although answering "What group sang Hungry Like The Wolf?" seemed really loving weird in a Megaman universe)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197897-mega-man-legends-2/faqs/9385

Sensible_Psycho
Sep 8, 2006

Without me, it's just aweso.
There's always a lighthouse.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
Some keys disappear after you use them once. Some keys open all the doors that match them and don't disappear. Some keys don't seem to go to anything, which means you have to double back and try using it on all the locks over and over.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Suicide Sam E. posted:

Some keys disappear after you use them once. Some keys open all the doors that match them and don't disappear. Some keys don't seem to go to anything, which means you have to double back and try using it on all the locks over and over.

On that same note, keys are either completely weightless or so massive you can only carry one at a time.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Not Nipsy Russell posted:

Did no one here learn that Winners Don't Use Drugs?

Because I did.

i instead learned that drugs make me stronger, faster, smarter and have no drawbacks that can't be instantly cured by a doctor.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
A shitton of nuclear weapons stuff from the codec calls in MGS. START treaty, history of the arms race, things like that.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I learned that I was a homosexual after getting my first boner from Big Boss' rear end in MGS3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Squishing pedestrians to the tune of 80s rock is a form of meditation.

• Locked thread