Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
Jay Mohr is better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

people like this are why ISIS exists

and for good reason

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Just a reminder that the screaming once Everett jumps him was faked

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Jim Rownes

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

How the gently caress did I never see this? :stare:

I'm no huge racing fan but I've been seeing Dave Despain on things since I was a kid and he owns.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Jim Rome and Judge Judy are the two best paid media personalities in America, just chew on that for a bit

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I asked John Olerud what he thought of this thread. He said:

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011
I haven't listened to Rome in years. But I did enjoy his show in small doses. Though in retrospect it was mostly when it involved him trash talking something completely unrelated to sports.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Unfortunately, Dave Despain and Wind Tunnel went off the air once FOX decided they needed a cable sports network, feeling like they'd gotten behind the times 30 years after ESPN came around.

bewbies posted:

Jim Rome and Judge Judy are the two best paid media personalities in America, just chew on that for a bit

Judge Judy makes something like $47M a year and said in her previous role as an actual court judge that she'd have been cool with just getting a two-bedroom condo somewhere in Florida and retiring on her pension before the show came around.

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

I haven't listened to Rome in 15 years. I actually met him in 1996 (???) in Portland, OR when he came for a tour stop. It was a lot of fun and he was a really nice guy at the meet/greet. I watch the DP show every day now. Dan's show is excellent when he focuses on sports figures. I went to Milford in 2012 (while on vacation to Boston) and met DP. He was also a really nice guy.

Before Jay Mohr had his own show, he used to fill in for JR and those shows were hilarious.

Radiohead71 fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 4, 2014

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

I hear there's gonna be cake!
rack em

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Ramadu posted:

I actually like Dan Le Batard :shrug: His interviews are by far the best out of anyone who does them in sports, at least on the radio anyway.

ftfy

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Jim Rome used to say on his show "if you're new to the show, give it 2 weeks before you make a judgement"

I gave him 2 weeks.

I kept listening. That was a decade ago. His TV show isn't nearly as great as his radio show was. The best parts of his show were the unscripted rants and smack-offs, he also had some decent interviews and his superbowl row shows were always good.

Nitramster fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Nov 5, 2014

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I don't like jim rome repeating the same thing bavk to bavk to back to back

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

I no longer live in a place where Rome is radio-broadcast so I adopted Mohr instead, who is as funny and repeats himself a lot less.

Rome: "Soccer is a worthless fringe sport and its fans are elitist assholes. Now excuse me while I buy a stake in another racehorse, which I'll be talking about on-and-off for the next three weeks."

I also can't stand anyone on ESPN Radio really, all of them bang the Rush-style "I'll say anything to rile my listeners up enough to keep listening" poo poo too much.

SUPER HASSLER fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 5, 2014

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

all of this domestic abuse by athletes is caused by video games - colin cowherd 2014

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Ostentatious posted:

all of this domestic abuse by athletes is caused by video games - colin cowherd 2014

it's really about ethics in domestic abuse journalism tho

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

CC is terrible. I thought he was an assclown back in Portland years ago and he hasn't changed.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
CC during the Tony Stewart thing was enraging. Most of the sports guys were because none of them follow auto racing, but he was the worst. Literally called Stewart a murderer.

Didn't say one word when the Grand Jury declined to bring charges and it was revealed that Ward had weed in his system.

I unironically want CC to get hit by a car now.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

CC during the Tony Stewart thing was enraging. Most of the sports guys were because none of them follow auto racing, but he was the worst. Literally called Stewart a murderer.

This is the least objectionable thing Cowherd has ever said. Of all the possible examples you could have used this was literally the only one that doesn't make him look worse

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

uublog posted:

This is the least objectionable thing Cowherd has ever said. Of all the possible examples you could have used this was literally the only one that doesn't make him look worse

You'd have to both be a race fan and have heard the piece in question to understand it, but I can see your point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

How do these guys get these jobs anyhow?

I'm full of bad opinions, ready to angrily hang up on callers, lie, never follow through on anything, and just...am white hot with rage. You gonna sit there and tell me I couldn't do twice the work of Mark Madden?

• Locked thread