Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

Kilonum posted:

I did not know you could do this in FS2013 :stare:

(the training, that is)

Some of the smaller tippers have a hitch on the back so you can train them. A visible hitch on a vehicle often means you can connect something, but it's no guarantee. The big grey Lizard front loader can take some tippers. The Krone Big M 500 cannot, even though you can see a hitch on the model.

Don't try to reverse a train of two cars into a third. Instead, keep your train of tippers parked somewhere and keep adding new tippers to the front. I think there's no limit to how many you can link up, but you can only decouple the first four.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

StealthArcher posted:

Is there any mod or option to turn on a width guide of sorts? I'd like to enjoy this, but I keep having trouble with small patches constantly being missed and it gets so loving tedious as it practically doubles the time to do anything. Also early game lovely tool widths, Jesus. Maybe this game just isn't for me. :(

assuming you are talking about farming simulator since you didn't mention a game:
the small patches don't really effect how quickly anything happens, if you miss something don't worry about it. Even if you do go back and seed it/harvest it, it definitely wouldn't double the time of anything unless you are like skipping entire rows, waiting for the time it would take to do the row, and then doing the row.

Really though, you are playing a game that has to do with the life of plants, everything is going to take a bit of your time, and it is not going to be a super exciting thing like some other forms of entertainment. It's more like a soothing slow style of music compared to metal or something.

If missing small patches of ground is your biggest problem with the game, then don't worry about it.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Did you check into that placeable buildings mod?

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye
Protip: Don't detach the mower while it's folded, hit the button on accident and had to push it over by the potato loader with the harvester and work the header to get it flipped back over

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Al Harrington posted:

Protip: Don't detach the mower while it's folded, hit the button on accident and had to push it over by the potato loader with the harvester and work the header to get it flipped back over

The new physics engine does some weird stuff. Another one is don't detach the frontloader arm without first detaching the bucket/pallet fork/whatever is attached to it. Or you'll find it fallen over at odd angles that you can can't pick pit back up easily.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
So if you happen to buy another of the first tippers you get in FS15 you can actually pick custom colors for it, I wonder what other equipment you can choose colors for and whether they will add more in the future

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Skwee posted:

So if you happen to buy another of the first tippers you get in FS15 you can actually pick custom colors for it, I wonder what other equipment you can choose colors for and whether they will add more in the future

Most stuff I've bought has allowed colors. Mainly tractors and harvesters are what I find come in one color only.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Spiteski posted:

Most stuff I've bought has allowed colors. Mainly tractors and harvesters are what I find come in one color only.

Hmm the other tipper I bought didn't offer another color. Haven't bought much yet though.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

So since I work midnights this weekend I haven't had a chance to play with mods

Does anyone know if mods need to be loaded on both the server and client for multiplayer?

I'd like to try a new map, some of the better texture mods, and the placable structures mod that Elendil found

Either this map :

http://www.farming2015mods.com/farming-simulator-2015/maps/holmgard-map-v-2-0/

or this

http://www.farming2015mods.com/farming-simulator-2015/maps/nederland-v1-0-map/

Thoughts?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Sappo569 posted:

Does anyone know if mods need to be loaded on both the server and client for multiplayer?

I'd like to try a new map, some of the better texture mods, and the placable structures mod that Elendil found

Either this map :

or this

Thoughts?

from looking at other servers, it appears that once a mod is installed on the server, it is shared to all other clients that connect if they do not have it. Once installed on the server, all clients that connect must have that same set of mods. If you have other mods not on the server, those are disabled far as I know.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
from the screenshots the 2nd map looks like it is completely flat. Kinda boring looking

Marux
Mar 15, 2008

College Slice
Has anyone had issues with FS15 where some parts of fields seems to grow at totally different rates than the rest? Its been happening more often that Ill have a patches that are still growing even after I have harvested everything else.

As seen here: (This was planted starting in the bottom left and moving to the right)

Marux fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Nov 9, 2014

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Marux posted:

Has anyone had issues with FS15 where some parts of fields seems to grow at totally different rates than the rest? Its been happening more often that Ill have a patches that are still growing even after I have harvested everything else.

That generally happens when you are seeding with the game speed cranked up, as the next cycle hits when you're in the middle of a patch, and thus it's update before the rest of the field is finished

Rule of thumb is 1x or 5x game speed while seeding, and harvesting too unless you have withering turned off

Marux
Mar 15, 2008

College Slice
Well poo poo I didnt realize the crop growth was based on fixed cycle windows, I assumed it was just a simple timer from when it was planted.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Marux posted:

Well poo poo I didnt realize the crop growth was based on fixed cycle windows, I assumed it was just a simple timer from when it was planted.

I'm sure someones done the math/digging in the code to figure it out, but I've seen the clock strike 2 and a chunk of field switch over to the next portion of growth.

I mean yeah it's still on a timer from when it is planted, but if the timer is going 120x, you'll pass through 2-3 cycles of one section before you finish the whole field

Marux
Mar 15, 2008

College Slice
The stangest thing is each section of that column on the left was planted at totally different times since I was planting Left to Right, then moving up one row. It makes me wonder if plowing into part of the "chunk" also resets its growth timer since I was working on expanding the fields on that row as well as near the bottom right corner.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Marux posted:

The stangest thing is each section of that column on the left was planted at totally different times since I was planting Left to Right, then moving up one row. It makes me wonder if plowing into part of the "chunk" also resets its growth timer since I was working on expanding the fields on that row as well as near the bottom right corner.

Oh I have no clue as your picture isn't loading :)

Marux
Mar 15, 2008

College Slice
Ah, hopefully this one works:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Marux posted:

Ah, hopefully this one works:

Err yeah I dunno, haha

The only way I've seen that happen is like I said before, maybe you discovered a new bug :P

Marux
Mar 15, 2008

College Slice
Ok well i hosed up something else now, is there any way to unplow ground? One of my field edges is too close to a fence and the AI is derping out trying to seed it now.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Marux posted:

Ok well i hosed up something else now, is there any way to unplow ground? One of my field edges is too close to a fence and the AI is derping out trying to seed it now.

Re-seed over the area you don't to be field with grass

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturę et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
Speaking of bugs, I found another one:
Sometimes when I'm delivering stuff to drop-off points, the option for "fill trailer" pops up when I'm still unloading. And yes, it works. Trailer magically starts to fill, and then I can drop another load off without moving an inch :haw:

And not a bug but a bad feature:
The golden coins. Collect the first 10, see the rest on the map. After collecting all of them, and visiting a certain well, your silos are magically filled to the top! Nice.. except it kinda removes the reason to play the drat game. No need to harvest anything, and if you empty out your silos you're swimming in money and can afford pretty much anything. Bleh! (Of course you're not forced to collect them at all, and that's what I'm gonna do when I'll try the US map.)

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

JointHorse posted:

Speaking of bugs, I found another one:
Sometimes when I'm delivering stuff to drop-off points, the option for "fill trailer" pops up when I'm still unloading. And yes, it works. Trailer magically starts to fill, and then I can drop another load off without moving an inch :haw:

And not a bug but a bad feature:
The golden coins. Collect the first 10, see the rest on the map. After collecting all of them, and visiting a certain well, your silos are magically filled to the top! Nice.. except it kinda removes the reason to play the drat game. No need to harvest anything, and if you empty out your silos you're swimming in money and can afford pretty much anything. Bleh! (Of course you're not forced to collect them at all, and that's what I'm gonna do when I'll try the US map.)

Yeah I try my hardest to ignore that bug, but its sooo tempting to just fill the trailer while sitting there.

Not really sure how they could have missed something so obvious like that before releasing the game

-

What is the fill limit on the silos anyways?

Most I've had was a 250k sugarbeets I think

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Sappo569 posted:

Either this map :

or this

Thoughts?

Nederland is flat and you start off owning all fields and tons of equipment, very lame.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Elendil004 posted:

Nederland is flat and you start off owning all fields and tons of equipment, very lame.

Bah

Maybe we can make our own map

Down with big map corporations!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

owning all the gear isn't a big deal, we can sell most of it and buy a modest starting set, but owning all the fields is annoying. I don't think I've checked out the holmgard one yet though.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Elendil004 posted:

owning all the gear isn't a big deal, we can sell most of it and buy a modest starting set, but owning all the fields is annoying. I don't think I've checked out the holmgard one yet though.

I saw a guy on twitch was streaming map creating and modding, it doesn't look terribly difficult

If you like that other map I can see about adding the forest wet dream you had to it

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Sappo569 posted:

I saw a guy on twitch was streaming map creating and modding, it doesn't look terribly difficult

If you like that other map I can see about adding the forest wet dream you had to it

Get to it! But seriously I think the American map is a good place holder for a few weeks

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Righto forgot about that map

I'll do that in an hour when I get home, and put those other mods in as well

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Server is up now running the Westbridge Hills map

The following will have to be downloaded from the official site, they're all under mods/beta

To install the mods download the zip file, and plop it right into your /documents/mygames/farmingsimulator2015/mods

Blue On Blue fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 11, 2014

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Anyone else looking forward to European Ship Simulator? It looks pretty. I'm not sure if it will have enough depth to actually be interesting though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWqoSD29Wc0

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Wooten posted:

Anyone else looking forward to European Ship Simulator? It looks pretty. I'm not sure if it will have enough depth to actually be interesting though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWqoSD29Wc0

Sure if has multiplayer :p

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

loving dumb thumbnails file

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 10, 2014

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

E:nvm

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

http://puu.sh/cKfLz/1f40b8b240.jpg

Field's ready to be harvested and resown, and I bought another small field with what little money we have. Why do we have so many chickens?

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

Sorry if it's been asked already (I did ctrl+f through each page of the thread), but how's the controller support in FS15? Past the initial config, would I be able to comfortably play it in big picture mode without having to switch back to mouse + keyboard at any point?

Obsidius
Nov 18, 2009

If you ever drop your
keys into a river of molten
lava, let 'em go, because
man, they're gone.
Harvested the Cranola that Sappo had planted earlier and dumped it into the silo after selling off the previous harvests wheat, think Skwee was sowing when I had to leave. will try to get on during the week if I'm not too busy with work. Quite liking the map, less fields but they're much larger and easier to work.

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye
as soon as you can afford it go ahead and buy the combo cultivator/seeder, it'll change your life

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Al Harrington posted:

as soon as you can afford it go ahead and buy the combo cultivator/seeder, it'll change your life

One of the mods is a push cultivator so that works too. Hit me on steam if you're logging in tonight, same username as here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

I'll add you aswell, I feel like I'm familiar enough to not gently caress up your farm in ten minutes.

• Locked thread