Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

you can use the tree murderer 9000 which is a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturę et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan

hatesfreedom posted:

So what's good about FS15 vs FS2013?

I'm basically waiting on courseplay to be ported over to the new version; my way of playing this game is developing elaborate methods in which the AI does all the work for me. I don't know, I can't explain why that's fun for me.

It just is. But I am curious if anything outstanding is in the new version, so far I don't see much standing out.

edit; ahh doesn't look like big enough of a change, I shall wait for a sale.

Yeah, not much has changed. Also there's a beta of courseplay available: haven't used it before, but seems to work. Only bug so far is that there seems to be a ghost combine, so manually assign a tractor to a combine you want to unload, otherwise nothing will happen.

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye

hatesfreedom posted:

So what's good about FS15 vs FS2013?

I'm basically waiting on courseplay to be ported over to the new version; my way of playing this game is developing elaborate methods in which the AI does all the work for me. I don't know, I can't explain why that's fun for me.

It just is. But I am curious if anything outstanding is in the new version, so far I don't see much standing out.

edit; ahh doesn't look like big enough of a change, I shall wait for a sale.

the woodcutting mechanic is entirely new, some of the graphics look a bit better, many new vehicles and implements, simulator is a misnomer as it's as arcadey as it always has been, if you enjoyed the last one you'll enjoy this one, would be nice to see the animals portion fleshed out a bit more but it is what it is

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

JointHorse posted:

I've been pretend farming for an 1½ hours, and will be online for another 1+n hours. Join and see the destruction! (I sold the forage collector wagon thing, no need for it. Now happily gathering/planting canola)

:doh:

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?
Canola is always a poor choice

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturę et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
Well gently caress, that was a bad move then. Personally I've never bothered with the whole straw/silage thing, it's just not worth it. Seeds are easy to sell, straw/silage needs it's own special tools and compacting/fermenting/whateverthefuck, so meh.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

JointHorse posted:

Well gently caress, that was a bad move then. Personally I've never bothered with the whole straw/silage thing, it's just not worth it. Seeds are easy to sell, straw/silage needs it's own special tools and compacting/fermenting/whateverthefuck, so meh.

Silage is the best way to make money, once you get into corn and have all the equipment

And we needed a way to get grass/hay to the cows :)

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye

JointHorse posted:

you can load straw remainder from wheat and barley fields into it and sell it at the little barn on your farm as is just like how you could before but had to put it into bales first, and you can sell grass clippings to a few predetermined points on the map, it's easy money!

and yes canola is crap, you get more money per ton or whatever but fields yield less of it, and no straw!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

selling the wheat bits is very low income, silage is where it's at though.

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?
Which file precisely should I be downloading and deleting which thumbnail file in the shared directory of that file, I've attempted many permutations only to find myself frustrated. I just want to make cropdickbutts and sell all the equipment for chickens.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Sappo569 posted:

Server is up now running the Westbridge Hills map

The following will have to be downloaded from the official site, they're all under mods/beta

Or download them from my onedrive, they should be ready to go!

To install the mods download the zip file, and plop it right into your /documents/mygames/farmingsimulator2015/mods

I deleted the file already, not sure why I had the instruction still in there

And the link since I thought I had posted it

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=1A0CD04B5DC4D36E%215711

Note if you DO download the mods from the official site, you need to delete 'thumbnails' from the /shared directory within the stoll straw and grass tools mod

Blue On Blue fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Nov 11, 2014

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Went ahead and tried out the 360 controller support for FS15, it works fine, it even shows you the buttons in the help box graphically rather than some arbitrary number associated with the button.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Al Harrington posted:

you can load straw remainder from wheat and barley fields into it and sell it at the little barn on your farm as is just like how you could before but had to put it into bales first, and you can sell grass clippings to a few predetermined points on the map, it's easy money!

and yes canola is crap, you get more money per ton or whatever but fields yield less of it, and no straw!

Actually, you could sell wheat/barley bits directly in 2013 as well. I think 2011 supported it, but I don't remember as I did canola till I had enough for the square baler and autostacker.

I have no idea why that grass mod exists btw. I'll have to try it out on my unmodded game. Perhaps it only wraps up tedded grass and not freshly mowed grass. Which this mod might correct.

As for what plants are valuable and how:
http://guides.gamepressure.com/farmingsimulator2015/guide.asp?ID=27305

This goes for basic grain style. It does not cover turning things into silage. And btw, there is a mower attachment for the krone that is supposed to work on wheat and barley along with grass. It'll turn it all into chaff that you can use to make silage for either the biogas plant (pretty good money as well) or in making mixed rations for cattle (mixed bag considering the equipment costs). Note that any vehicle works for compacting and no special equipment is needed. My first batch of silage was using that pottinger mex harvester and the 21000l agroliner trailer behind it. Took a lot of trips to harvest the corn from field 41 to the biogas plant, but came out pretty well in the end.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

I have no idea why that grass mod exists btw. I'll have to try it out on my unmodded game. Perhaps it only wraps up tedded grass and not freshly mowed grass. Which this mod might correct.

I'm thinking so, as the forage wagon will pick up either cut grass or tedded grass, but I believe you can only bale tedded grass.

So this probably allows you to bale fresh cut grass, saving the step of having to ted it, if all you're going to do is dump it into silage anyways

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dAorgAB0I4

This is useful for looking for mowing missions while waiting for your crops to grow

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Skwee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dAorgAB0I4

This is useful for looking for mowing missions while waiting for your crops to grow

Instead of that I suggest playing a game we just invented earlier

Basically drive your tractor around near the farm bumping into trees, you win a prize if you can find which trees have been stealthily cut at the base.

The prize is a tree

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Sappo569 posted:

I'm thinking so, as the forage wagon will pick up either cut grass or tedded grass, but I believe you can only bale tedded grass.

So this probably allows you to bale fresh cut grass, saving the step of having to ted it, if all you're going to do is dump it into silage anyways

again though, you'll have to check, but after bailing it, you should be able to wrap it which makes instant silage. No need to put it into a pit and let it ferment.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Sappo569 posted:

Instead of that I suggest playing a game we just invented earlier

Basically drive your tractor around near the farm bumping into trees, you win a prize if you can find which trees have been stealthily cut at the base.

The prize is a tree

haha, I haven't cut any trees though. Except for the ones closest to the lake sell point. I bought a chain saw, cut them down, and then shoved them into the lake by ramming them repeatedly with a tractor. Easy starting money

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

again though, you'll have to check, but after bailing it, you should be able to wrap it which makes instant silage. No need to put it into a pit and let it ferment.

I'm confused, it just becomes a bale of silage?

Or do you still need to drop it into the pit, just no wait time?

deebo
Jan 21, 2004

Is goon acres currently down?

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Hey Sappo, is the server down/changed name? Only goon one I see is Goon Farming, but acres isnt up there.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Err It shouldn't be, gimme a sec to check it

[edit] it was offline for some reason, should be up now

Blue On Blue fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Nov 11, 2014

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Sappo569 posted:

Err It shouldn't be, gimme a sec to check it

[edit] it was offline for some reason, should be up now

Yup working now, thanks.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Spiteski posted:

Yup working now, thanks.

I have it scheduled to auto-restart around this time everyday, I guess it got hung up on the restart part

FYI, one or both of you will need to login as admin, to have access to zee cash.

Details in the mumble channel

This stuff should be in the OP, but I think he feels too ashamed about being associated with us

Blue On Blue fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Nov 11, 2014

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Just had an idea of using the cultivator seeder as just a cultivator if I am seeding something it can't seed. Wonder if it will work.

e: it doesnt

there is an item in the slurry tankers menu that appears to cultivate and fertilize at the same time. Only 3 meter width according to the menu though. I think it hooks to the back of the first slurry tanker.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Nov 11, 2014

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Are we working towards a particular goal at the moment? Silage and its required stuff?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Spiteski posted:

Are we working towards a particular goal at the moment? Silage and its required stuff?

Right now, I know Elendil want's to eliminate our crippling debt

Alternatively yes I think a large Silage operation is our goal, or the ability to do some logging for instacash

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Do mods not work with previously existing saves, because none of the mods I have installed are showing in the store.

e: nvm you have to go to a different tab where they show up.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Nov 11, 2014

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Skwee posted:

Do mods not work with previously existing saves, because none of the mods I have installed are showing in the store.

I could be wrong, but I believe you can only use mods that are loaded on the server

I tried running some client side mods as well (better textures etc) and they didn't load

[edit] oh you mean the server mods? Yeah they're under a different tab

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Sappo569 posted:

Right now, I know Elendil want's to eliminate our crippling debt

Alternatively yes I think a large Silage operation is our goal, or the ability to do some logging for instacash

So keep doing hay and barley until we're positive? No problem. It'd help if cultivating and seeding worked for me. I'm pretty much having to hire workers. Every time I lower the tool it veers off uncontrollably.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Spiteski posted:

So keep doing hay and barley until we're positive? No problem. It'd help if cultivating and seeding worked for me. I'm pretty much having to hire workers. Every time I lower the tool it veers off uncontrollably.

Make sure there's a weight on the front of the tractor

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Holy hell, grain delivery missions are OP. It said the reward would be like $7k so I took it since I was just starting a harvest for the grain in question, and when I delivered just 2 trailers full it was complete, and it gave me a QUARTER MILLION dollars as a time bonus.

:psypop:

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Sappo569 posted:

Make sure there's a weight on the front of the tractor

Yea there definitely is, but its like, really really bad. I don't even have this issue on single player, on the same tractor with the same culti and minus the weight.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Spiteski posted:

Yea there definitely is, but its like, really really bad. I don't even have this issue on single player, on the same tractor with the same culti and minus the weight.

Well then my second question is how drunk are you?

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Sappo569 posted:

Well then my second question is how drunk are you?

I blame my in game avatar. Obviously spent too long on the cider.

It seems that going around 10kph makes it tolerable, so there we go.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Spiteski posted:

I blame my in game avatar. Obviously spent too long on the cider.

It seems that going around 10kph makes it tolerable, so there we go.

Hmm, the tractor is supposed to auto-limit the speed to the max that implement can handle

I know earlier I had the cruise control freak out when it was set to 10, but the tractor would boot up to 50 anyways... maybe that's what is happening

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
The implements that go into the ground make your tractor turn slightly, like seeders, cultivators and plows, that is a feature in the game. You have to correct for it in single player and multiplayer. For seeders and cultivators you tractor will go slightly to one side for a while, and then slightly to the other side for a while so that the correcting isn't always the same, but I think plows would just make the tractor pull to the side that it is on.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Skwee posted:

The implements that go into the ground make your tractor turn slightly, like seeders, cultivators and plows, that is a feature in the game. You have to correct for it in single player and multiplayer. For seeders and cultivators you tractor will go slightly to one side for a while, and then slightly to the other side for a while so that the correcting isn't always the same, but I think plows would just make the tractor pull to the side that it is on.

I've only ever had that problem when using a weak-rear end tractor, if you use the bigger tractor with a proper weight it should stay planted pretty good

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Sappo569 posted:

I've only ever had that problem when using a weak-rear end tractor, if you use the bigger tractor with a proper weight it should stay planted pretty good

my biggest tractor is the Fortis 190, and I only use the 700 kg weights, so maybe thats why? But still, it isnt a bug or something. Maybe he is using insufficient equipment for it to stay planted as you say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Skwee posted:

my biggest tractor is the Fortis 190, and I only use the 700 kg weights, so maybe thats why? But still, it isnt a bug or something. Maybe he is using insufficient equipment for it to stay planted as you say.

That makes sense, I guess I just didn't take note of it so much in my single player game. The latency on this server is making everything stand out so it could just feel much harder with that tiny bit of input delay. Either way, good to know it's intended and not some weird bug that's screwing me over.

• Locked thread