Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you think of McDonald's new slogan?? WQWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
I'm Lovin' ItŪ!
I'm Hatin' It!
I'm gay!
Vegeta
View Results

• Locked thread
A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
My local McDonald's is an "urbanite" hangout and there are fights and stabbings there frequently.

E: I'm just saying, mickeyD's knows their audience.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Nov 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
george bush doesn't care about black people

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

abigserve posted:

Unironically anyone who uses the term "hater" is probably a bad person.

it's almost exclusively used by people too unimportant to be loved or hated by more than a half a dozen other people of equal unimportance

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Also, don't forget to tip your poolboy and housekeeper 10%.

I hope McDonalds goes out of business.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
i had the jalepeno double recently and it was strangely good

the slogan is horrible though and you will die eating their lies though

cook your own food

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

SpeedGem posted:

Also, don't forget to tip your poolboy and housekeeper 10%.

I hope McDonalds goes out of business.

lol 20 bucks a month for health insurance makes me mad at such a visceral level

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

vyst posted:

would you say you're literally shaking?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

vyst posted:

if you work at a grocery store you can get a family healthcare for 20 bucks a month.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

TOILETLORD posted:

if you work at a grocery store you can get a family healthcare for 20 bucks a month.

what store? most places you gotta be full time (and nobody's full time) and then it's like $20 per paycheck

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

you irl posted:

what store? most places you gotta be full time (and nobody's full time) and then it's like $20 per paycheck

if you get into UFCW they don't care if you are full time you just need to work 24 hours a week as a clerk to qualify or 16 hours a week as a bagger to qualify. i work at albertsons in cali and they charge me 7 dollars a week since i'm single. you just have to work at the store for a year before you qualify.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

TOILETLORD posted:

if you get into UFCW they don't care if you are full time you just need to work 24 hours a week as a clerk to qualify or 16 hours a week as a bagger to qualify. i work at albertsons in cali and they charge me 7 dollars a week since i'm single. you just have to work at the store for a year before you qualify.

that's pretty drat good benefits, it's no universal health care *becomes bleeding heart nanny state liberal* but better than most places by a mile

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

you irl posted:

that's pretty drat good benefits, it's no universal health care *becomes bleeding heart nanny state liberal* but better than most places by a mile

it's funny too since most stores always almost need some sort of help but people tend to look down on the work and pass it up for worse work.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
grocery stores is good work, worst case you can steal food to eat

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
can i change my vote i accidentally hit "i'm lovin it" and "vegeta" because i thought option #4 said "vagina"

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Lmao austria is even more stupidly jingoistic than America. You don't see us putting "Proudly Made in USA" on lids of Lays' Ranch Dip.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Typical Pubbie posted:

Lmao austria is even more stupidly jingoistic than America. You don't see us putting "Proudly Made in USA" on lids of Lays' Ranch Dip.

Australia :ssh:

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school
I like McDonalds. I love when the french fries are all soft and salty. But I like the little crunchy ones too. I don't like they only give you one tub of dippin sauce with your chicken nuggets though.

naem
May 29, 2011

Chicken nuggets are coated with an anti foaming compound used mainly as an ingredient of silly putty

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

I once had a cashier ask if she could keep my change at McDonalds. I began shaking and crumpled to the floor due to my severe anxiety.

http://youtu.be/UTSdUOC8Kac

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

I once had a cashier ask if she could keep my change at McDonalds. I began shaking and crumpled to the floor due to my severe anxiety.

http://youtu.be/UTSdUOC8Kac

I thought it was, like, a loving BLT or some poo poo. So it's literally just a quarter pounder with lettuce/tomato that's been chilled?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Same loving thing

Kidsolo
Dec 4, 2006

Give the dog a bone
what were they thinking/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

TOILETLORD posted:

it's funny too since most stores always almost need some sort of help but people tend to look down on the work and pass it up for worse work.

in many/most places, grocery store work is just as bad as fast food, with low pay, no benefits and no union, so they probably have no idea

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

you irl posted:

would you say you're literally shaking?

shaking from diabetes and i can't afford health insurance like mcdonalds predicts i can

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Snaguaro posted:

You dummies.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/mcdonalds-unveils-new-slogan-lovin-beats-hatin,37323/

edit: Apparently I'm the dummy. The Onion page is newer than several other articles citing the new slogan. They apparently immediately decided against it after the instant, massive backlash against it, though.

the street interview articles are always based on real news

also anyone talking about "haters" is just a little bit saner "gang-stalking victim"

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

A. Beaverhausen posted:

My local McDonald's is an "urbanite" hangout and there are fights and stabbings there frequently.

E: I'm just saying, mickeyD's knows their audience.

McDonald's: Nigga, you gotta try this poo poo!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

every denny's i've ever been to has been a racist shithole where white trash is constantly throwing down with each other, even in places where white people are the minority

ZergRushing
Oct 1, 2004
ive only ever seen mexicans throwing down in dennys but im from california

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

ZergRushing posted:

ive only ever seen mexicans throwing down in dennys but im from california

eww denny's is for poor people go to ihop.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

TOILETLORD posted:

eww denny's is for poor people go to ihop.

ihop employs ex-cons and reguarly spit in police officers food which is why you never see cops at ihops

enjoy your stay at ihop cop-free :)

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

hellotoothpaste posted:

Funny, WSJ was tricked into writing about this by an unnamed source and McD's denies it. Now millions of people are reading and talking about McDonalds. :tinfoil:
who the gently caress can post this about mcdonalds in 2014 with a straight face

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

my local mcdonalds has a huge beehive hanging in front of the registers and they ask "do you want bees with that?" and if you say yes they smash the beehive like a pinata and run like hell

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

my local mcdonalds has a huge beehive hanging in front of the registers and they ask "do you want bees with that?" and if you say yes they smash the beehive like a pinata and run like hell
on the plus side, the epipens sell like hotcakes

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

I only have one job and I make way more than that hehueueheh

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

CrashCat posted:

on the plus side, the epipens sell like hotcakes

the honey is also very fresh

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
McDonald's: It is a more violent world, so we thought we'd incorporate a beating into our slogan!

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
me goon eat burger happy anyway

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJoMzhStPNk

#KnowMcFood

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I went to McDonald's today and they had a sign that read: "Lovin' is forever"

Meh.