Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Stultus Maximus posted:

I like my eggs to require special and slightly effete implements as well as having a more than slightly effete name.

Using the phrase "slightly effete" is very effete. Are those just egg cups?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

twoday posted:

Using the phrase "slightly effete" is very effete. Are those just egg cups?

They are egg coddlers.

For Your Health!
Sep 1, 2008

do not fear the ass
Scrambled with white rice, salt, pepper, and hot chilli oil. That, and coffee, is my power breakfast.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Spamtron7000 posted:

Beau Monde seasoning. It's probably been sitting in your mom's spice rack since 1973. It's for eggs. Use a lot of it with black pepper in your scrambled eggs and they will taste awesome. I think Beau Monde means "good world". My dad taught me this spice when I was in high school. It's for eggs.

I use it on any mayo based recipe. Hood on tuna salad and devilled eggs

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Isn't Beau Monde seasoning just powdered sugar, onion powder, and salt? It's great on eggs, whatever it is.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
I think there are a few recipes for Beau Monde but I think the flavor that stands out to me is the celery seed. I know this because at one point my wife put celery salt on my eggs and I asked her if it was Beau Monde.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Eggs, wheter scrambled or sunny side up, are what saves me from starvation when I want to eat something but I don't want to put in the effort of actually cooking.
Boiled eggs are also pretty good.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Spamtron7000 posted:

I think there are a few recipes for Beau Monde but I think the flavor that stands out to me is the celery seed. I know this because at one point my wife put celery salt on my eggs and I asked her if it was Beau Monde.

Yep. Onion and celery seed.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Fertilised!

No. Wait, you did the setup wrong.

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe

dee eight posted:

Purple Pickled Eggs! gently caress YEAH!

3 dozen eggs
3 cups vinegar
2 cups sugar
3 cans whole red beets
2 whole cloves*

Hard boil and peel 3 doz. eggs, set aside.

In a large pan, heat 3 cups vinegar and stir in 2 cups sugar until the sugar dissolves completely. Add 3 cans whole red beets w/juice.
Heat the mixture until hot but not quite boiling. Remove from heat and add the eggs and cloves. Let sit until cool, then transfer to a large jar or other glass container (a gallon is about right). Refridgerate for 3 days, turning every day (to avoid white spots where they touch the side of the jar).

When they're juuuuust right, you cut one lengthwise and it should be a nice royal purple color with just a tiny corona of white around a golden yolk. A little shake of salt and pepper and it's one of the great comfort foods of all time.

*some people substitute a cinnamon stick for the cloves, but those people are heretics and should be burned alive after having their eyes gouged out.

Came here to post this exact thing. Personally, I like a few bay leaves and whole black peppercorns in the mix.

I recommend anyone who hasn't tried these to give them a shot. Holy poo poo they are incomparable to any other snack on God's Green Earth.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
Scrambled but no milk, no seasoning, just a few teaspoonsish of sriracha, whisked for a solid minute then cooked in a dry nonstick pan over medium-high heat while scraping with a silicone egg lifter like you're cleaning the pan for approximately as long as you whisked

It's not impressive or anything but I'm just being honest and it's delicious so who gives a gently caress

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Steamed white rice, burger patty, sunnyside up or over easy, covered in gravy.

The way god intended.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ron Jeremy posted:

Steamed white rice, burger patty, sunnyside up or over easy, covered in gravy.

The way god intended.

wanna eat that eggs

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
My girlfriend taught me the best way to make scrambled eggs.

Three or so eggs per person and about half of an egg-sized lump of butter per person. Crack the eggs into a pot with some black pepper, toss in the butter and put it on low heat, stirring constantly. As soon as it starts to thicken around the edge, lift the pot off the heat and scrape the bottom and sides until it stops sticking, then return it to the heat. Keep stirring, serve while they're still slightly (slightly) runny and don't look quite done yet by scrambled egg standards. Fantastic on toast.

I'm gonna need to get me the equipment to make those purple eggs though.

twoday
May 4, 2005

I ate two raw eggs for breakfast, cracked over some white rice with soy sauce, some sesame seeds, and a diced spring onion. It was nice.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I made tacos last night, and today I did what I always do the day after I make tacos.

I put the leftover meat, peppers and cheese in a pan, crack a couple of eggs on top, and let it cook sunny-side up like that until it's almost done, then quickly scramble it all together so everything gets coated in nice runny yolk.

This dish is the reason I make tacos at all.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Like this, but use it on an egg.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Somfin posted:

My girlfriend taught me the best way to make scrambled eggs.

Three or so eggs per person and about half of an egg-sized lump of butter per person. Crack the eggs into a pot with some black pepper, toss in the butter and put it on low heat, stirring constantly. As soon as it starts to thicken around the edge, lift the pot off the heat and scrape the bottom and sides until it stops sticking, then return it to the heat. Keep stirring, serve while they're still slightly (slightly) runny and don't look quite done yet by scrambled egg standards. Fantastic on toast.

I'm gonna need to get me the equipment to make those purple eggs though.

1:3 butter:eggs ratio. I can get behind this.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Ron Jeremy posted:

1:3 butter:eggs ratio. I can get behind this.

1:6, but the point still stands, yes.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Western Omelette, with extra Western

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Overbite posted:

That Gordon Ramsay method is stupid and it turns eggs into mush. I only eat them scrambled and cooked enough to where it starts to burn a little. Then I put sriracha on it.

I'm glad someone gets it (minus the sriracha though). If an egg is wet in any way, I'm like "nah."

Marmalade Marinade
Feb 20, 2013
Inside tank of fuel is not fuel but love,
Above us, there is nothing above
But the stars above.
Country omelette with maybe some cheese and hotsauce. Alternatively, I recently discovered the deliciousness that can be added when you break the egg yolk while frying eggs.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Why are we just limiting ourselves to chicken eggs?

I bet a soft boiled ostrich egg would be amaaaaaaaazing

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Apparently the yolk of duck eggs are richer than chicken eggs. I'd be all over an over-easy duck egg if that's true.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Minarch posted:

Why are we just limiting ourselves to chicken eggs?

I bet a soft boiled ostrich egg would be amaaaaaaaazing

In fact why not go for Quail Eggs.
They're quite good, havent had them in a long while so all I remember is liking them.

SUB TOPIC: Post about non-chicken eggs that youve had.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Rigged Death Trap posted:

In fact why not go for Quail Eggs.
They're quite good, havent had them in a long while so all I remember is liking them.

SUB TOPIC: Post about non-chicken eggs that youve had.

Balut is pretty good if you can turn your brain off as to what you're eating.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Ron Jeremy posted:

Balut is pretty good if you can turn your brain off as to what you're eating.

This is the first time I see food that I don't think I'd be able to eat.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Despite how it looks balut basically just tastes like a hard boiled egg.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Those cadbury creme eggs are pretty good (actually the caramel ones are better)

Palpatine MD
Jan 31, 2012

Passionate about your involuntary euthanasia.

Away all Goats posted:

Despite how it looks balut basically just tastes like a hard boiled egg.
Not sure if knowing this makes Balut a better or worse prospect.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Palpatine MD posted:

Not sure if knowing this makes Balut a better or worse prospect.
They can be horror show to look at and think about but they're benign otherwise if you know what you're in for. It's the chewy slimy crunch that makes me gag, especially when I get a particularly feathery one. Also they're ducks, so the taste is a little off from chicken eggs.

My favorite eggs are over easy, lots of black pepper and tabasco, eaten over pancakes with syrup. It's as disgusting looking as the balut.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Would eggs on rice with soy sauce be any good I wonder.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

yes, I can confirm that. it's also a good way to use up some leftover fried rice, just scramble that poo poo all up

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Eh, rather do an over easy or sunny side up.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Frostwerks posted:

That's pretty much a basic Filipino breakfast. Fry the rice in oil that's been "blessed" with garlic, then cook your eggs over-medium. Serve with pandesal (little bread roll) and wash it down with instant coffee (or gin if I'm to believe my relatives in the Philippines).

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Scotch Eggs are proof there is a caring god.

(A hardboiled egg, wrapped in sausage meat, rolled in breadcrumbs, then deepfried.)

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Poached eggs on lightly-buttered wholegrain or rye toast.

Delicious.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Frostwerks posted:

Yes. scrambled is ok, but runny is best. Hot yolk + soy sauce over rice is a big umami punch.

The Creature
Nov 23, 2014
Eggs in a basket, with bread I just made, served with a small bit of homemade leftover pasta sauce. The vegetables really add to the eggs and toast. Too bad Mrs Creature can't eat it since she has a gluten intolerance (diagnosed, and well I have seen the results when she ate bread I just made to be polite). She missed real bread so much she devoured it. The pasta was a bitch to make so we didn't have a repeat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

Ron Jeremy posted:

Yes. scrambled is ok, but runny is best. Hot yolk + soy sauce over rice is a big umami punch.

or just do it raw

quote:

According to the Centers for Disease Control, 1 in 10,000 eggs contain Salmonella. If you consider most egg dishes are made with at least 2 eggs, that's 1 in 5,000 egg dishes that potentially contain Salmonella. Everyone is at risk for egg-related Salmonellosis, but older adults, young children, pregnant women, and persons with weakened immune systems are at increased risk for serious illness.

I like those odds

twoday has a new favorite as of 14:42 on Dec 3, 2014

• Locked thread