Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tyler
Jun 2, 2014

anne frank fanfic posted:

Wow we have a real Medium reporter here? Well instead of reporting about a bunch of hot horny lesbians why dont you report on the real poo poo like the time i jacked off into the spit bottle i accidentally drink from during powerpoints and the time a certain well known jacker offer here (i wont say names) once found each and every one of our jack off stashes and proceeded to add his nasty spunk ruining our lifes jizz savings with his nasty seed.

Go on :allears: I haven't heard this story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.

White Chocolate posted:

Just sat in a meeting with the 1SG and all the PL/PSGs and he called his SGM for clarification on something and he didn't answer, so he called the BDE SGM and HE didn't answer either so I am guessing that a lot of the boredom is from not answering their phones and doing things for ARE TROOPS

The BDE parking lot had about 4 cars in it. Most of those AGR's are on vacation already.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Lol. Good luck getting ahold of any full time staff for the next two months.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

psydude posted:

Lol. Good luck getting ahold of any full time retard for the next two months.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
For your article you can just write the word 'cocks' 5,000 times and it still wouldn't capture the soul of the obstinate fury and sheer idiocy that permeates my every cell, nourishes me, and taught me how to be a man

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Anyone at Fort Sam? It's on lockdown right now.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

11b1p posted:

The BDE parking lot had about 4 cars in it. Most of those AGR's are on vacation already.

So stoked to be offered an AGR position you guys don't even KNOW.

I am in the middle of PCSing right now so I haven't put on pants in like a week and I am pretty sure I have played more Dragon Age Inquisition than everyone else in the world combined.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Does the Army publish a list of Army Reserve AGR vacancies anywhere?

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

DoktorLoken posted:

Tpu vacancies for sure in hrc which is where you apply for agr. I think you don't get much choice in the matter really.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

DoktorLoken posted:

No. You first apply to the AGR program and then, once you are accepted, are given a choice of initial duty stations. After that, it works nearly identically to active duty, where you can pull assignments from your branch/career manager.

Looks like I'm going to sham as the battalion S6 until I can find a slot for my functional area. At least I'll get reimbursed for traveling to the HHC, which is like 4 hours away from me.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
Okay so the unit(CA) I was trying to join won't take me until I have CCC and am a promotable 1LT- great.., time to call the next unit.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

There's no CA CCC equivalent? Or is it like SF where guys have to go to Infantry CCC along with the Q-course?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

There's no CA CCC equivalent? Or is it like SF where guys have to go to Infantry CCC along with the Q-course?

CA normally goes to MI CCC, but my knowledge is >2 years old.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

It's not a basic branch, so you have to attend a basic branch CCC (any one, it doesn't matter) and be a senior 1LT. For USAR, this is followed by the 28 day long Q course and airborne school if you're in an airborne unit.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

psydude posted:

It's not a basic branch, so you have to attend a basic branch CCC (any one, it doesn't matter) and be a senior 1LT. For USAR, this is followed by the 28 day long Q course and airborne school if you're in an airborne unit.

I'd want to go to a chill CCC like AG then.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
And I have been trying to sign up for CCC for 2 months now.... QM so at least it should be relevant.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

White Chocolate posted:

And I have been trying to sign up for CCC for 2 months now.... QM so at least it should be relevant.

Wouldn't that be Logistics CCC now?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

White Chocolate posted:

It should just take you finding a class you want to attend on ATRRS and then having your training NCO enroll you. The battalion training guy then approves it, and you're enrolled in Phase I and Phase II.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

psydude posted:

It should just take you finding a class you want to attend on ATRRS and then having your training NCO enroll you. The battalion training guy then approves it, and you're enrolled in Phase I and Phase II.

Everyday I call and atrrs is down and apparently yes now it is three phases, 2 weeks in person, distance and 2 weeks in person. And yes LG ccc would be the one.

Kikuchiyo
Apr 24, 2003

Shuttle of joy never forget.

Zeris posted:

CA normally goes to MI CCC, but my knowledge is >2 years old.

Nowadays they have a consolidated SOF CCC for CA, PSYOPS, and SF folks going through the pipeline (on the active side). I think it was stood up around the end of 2012, as guys were still going to MCCC before then. Essentially, the reasoning is that it keeps the Army from PCSing somebody to Ft. Benning and then to Ft. Bragg within a 6 month timeframe, saving cash. Of course, probably leaves guys unprepared when they wash out and go back to their basic branch, but oh well.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

E-9 chat: Command Sgt. Maj. killed in Afghanistan

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Not saying it isn't true, but when your sources are "a friend and Facebook posts" your credibility takes a bit of a hit.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Cole posted:

Not saying it isn't true, but when your sources are "a friend and Facebook posts" your credibility takes a bit of a hit.

The army times!!?!?!??!

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

There was another E9 killed there by a sniper earlier this year, too. Crazy poo poo.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

psydude posted:

There was another E9 killed there by a sniper earlier this year, too. Crazy poo poo.

Armytimes learned from Something Awful poster psydude that...

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

DoktorLoken posted:

In the JA branch we do our own thing which is basically the assignments guy at OTJAG emails all reservists and says "hey assholes submit a packet if you want to be considered" and then those of us who are interested do. I have no idea who selects us or how we are evaluated, I just got a call about 90 days after submitting my packet for a 4th time, telling me if I wanted into the program I had to take this assignment at Bragg. So here I go. We are special snowflakes.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Hey guys tomorrow is my official ETS date and was wondering if anyone is familiar with people on TDRL temp retirement list and how it affects final pay. My question is my last check..wait times what am I looking at here for that last check and for the 30 days of leave sold? Can anyone who has gotten out give me the time it took them to get that last check and sold leave days? Last les says hold 1900 ish bucks like its suppose to. Just wondering on how long you who got out waited for both of those deposits? And for anyone who was medboarded..I've heard that those times may be less since we have a monthly check they can take from if it's deemed we owe money. I don't owe money but I know everyone gets looked at.

Thanks guys..

all apologies fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 27, 2014

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Well, this ain't me quite yet, but literally just 2 days ago the post level finance people told me that the last army paycheck should be in your account within 10 days. If not, you need to call them, not DFAS.

I wish I could remember what they said about the retirement money, but my impression was that it was supposed to kick in pretty quick as well, it's the VA that has a goal time of 30 days, but runs more like 60.

Sorry couldn't be more help.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
This is how it went for me.

Example numbers: The army gave me a 70% rating valued at $1500/mo and the VA gave me a 90% rating valued at $1700/mo.

Got my regular active duty pay amount on May 1st. Official ETS was May 5. Got my final army check worth five days of work several days layer (May 10th or something like that).

June 1st I had an LES on mypay for the $1500 I am rated for by the Army, and received that deposit. I did not receive anything from the VA and had nothing on ebenefits.

July 1st I had a deposit amount on ebenefits for VA Compensation for $1700 and received that deposit. I did not receive anything from the Army and had no LES.

Since then I have received my VA Compensation on the 1st of every month.

So to break it down

May 1: Regular active duty EOM pay (my last full check) .
May 5: ETS
May 10: Final paycheck
June 1: Retirement check from the Army with an accompanying LES
July 1: Retirement check from the VA with accompanying information on ebenefits

E: and accompanying ebenefits info is nothing more than a list of transactions like this:

Date - Deposit description - Amount - Account type

Cole fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 27, 2014

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM
As far as selling leave, after the end of my last mobilization I sold back ~38 days of leave (two years back-to-back mobilized). The money was in my account approximately 10 days after my last day. It's a relatively quick thing to do.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Does anyone here get Army Pension from medical retirement and VA disney bucks? I have been told it is possible, but never heard of anyone actually getting it.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You got CRSC, combat related special compensation I think? It's a program that you have to apply for, where if you have a disability that's over a certain percentage, and was combat related, you can get that part of your army pension restored, pro-rated to your amount of service. So if you are something like a 2 year E3 rated 100% from eating an IED, it'd be like 100 bucks or something. It's really fuckin' complicated and does my fuckin' head in, but if you look up CRSC it'll give you a better idea than I can.

iceslice
May 20, 2005

Defleshed posted:

As far as selling leave, after the end of my last mobilization I sold back ~38 days of leave (two years back-to-back mobilized). The money was in my account approximately 10 days after my last day. It's a relatively quick thing to do.

You can only sell leave when you ETS and reenlist right? I've got almost 60 days and there has to be a better way then doing the Use or Lose thing like last year. I totally should have sold everything when I reenlisted, but I forgot about it.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

iceslice posted:

You can only sell leave when you ETS and reenlist right? I've got almost 60 days and there has to be a better way then doing the Use or Lose thing like last year. I totally should have sold everything when I reenlisted, but I forgot about it.

I believe once you get to 90 days leave you are put on automatic leave for 30 days or something such. My last commander got hit with that. So take the leave man.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

White Chocolate posted:

I believe once you get to 90 days leave you are put on automatic leave for 30 days or something such. My last commander got hit with that. So take the leave man.

Yep, the United States Government will put you on an all expenses paid vacation for a month instead of making you lose all of the vacation you've saved up. They'll also be sure to cancel your pending deployment because you might get married soon, make sure you get back from the field to see your newborn, and provide you with ample benefits when you get out of the military a little early because of the stress of two wars instead of giving everything to 20 year leeches who hide at division headquarters or TRADOC their entire careers.

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women

White Chocolate posted:

I've carried over 130 before and never was automatically on leave. Next October people will not be able to carry anything over 60 so there are a lot of units making people take leave because at some level the number of lose or use is reflecting on unit leadership.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
There are some commands that, when faced with personnel that are at use it or lose it, will say 'use it'. It happened to a couple of the senior guys when we got back from deployment. If you're at use or lose, though, chances were (back then at least) that you had done a couple of rotations, at least one prior. Leaders looking out for their subordinates is rare, but it happens on occasion, like albininism.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Kikuchiyo posted:

Nowadays they have a consolidated SOF CCC for CA, PSYOPS, and SF folks going through the pipeline (on the active side).

This is true. It was still half and half until about mid 2013, now all SF, CA, and PSYOP goto the ARSOF CCC. Although it's literally all MCCC material. Every slide deck I saw was from Benning.

The reserve side goes to the closest (time wise) CCC available usually. A CPT from my last unit was sent to the LOGCCC before taking the online portion of the CA course.

Kikuchiyo posted:

Of course, probably leaves guys unprepared when they wash out and go back to their basic branch, but oh well.

The course doesn't count unless you make it through the entire pipeline. You will be PCSd to your basic branch's CCC if you do not pass any part.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

bulletsponge13 posted:

Does anyone here get Army Pension from medical retirement and VA disney bucks? I have been told it is possible, but never heard of anyone actually getting it.

I know someone who gets army medical 'tirements and VA disability at the same time without ever being deployed. Don't know how. Also, happy four day, you descendants of smallpox-spreading injun-murdering pale face fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
Apparently one of the guys who was in my platoon got caught with a sizeable amount of drugs while on terminal leave back in his home state and now the Army is on the fence between dragging him back to face punishment or just cutting him loose. Dude had like less than 2 weeks left on that poo poo too.

• Locked thread