Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

NORTH KOREA IS ONLY KOREA.
gently caress you if you have slow internet that can't load an arseload of pictures because...

The Australian Labor Party!

Who knows what the gently caress this party represents any more!

The Liberal Party of Australia!

Do you like shooty planes?
Do you like loving the poor?
Do you hate the environment?
Do you love coal?
Do you love abusing children?
Do you love to felate 83-year-old media moguls in the business of dragging humanity into a new dark age?
Then kill you are self vote Liberal! :razz:

The National Party of Australia

Do you think it'd be great to have a party that supports an interventionalist government that is environmentally conscious, looks after Australian agriculture and is willing the battle the supermarket duopoly to ensure Australia can continue to be a world acclaimed producer of foodstuffs? Then don't vote National you loving idiot.

The Palmer United Party!

Probably Australia's most representative party in that it's packed with dumb idiots with poo poo opinions and little to no grasp on reality, including Tassie's own Jacqui Lambie. :australia:

The Greens

You god drat latte-drinking, ABC-watching, tree-hugging, terrorist-apologist, social justice warrior piece of poo poo.
Unaustralian.
Strewth.

There are some others, but nobody cares!

IRC INFO:
IRC UP #auspol on synIRC and because some of you don’t know how to bookmark URLS here’s the IRC webclient link!

:siren: IMPORTANT MESSAGE ABOUT IRC :siren:

If you're thinking about joining us on #auspol, let me explain a few things so you aren't surprised:

• We have a word filter for certain gendered insults and occasionally words that are overused for trolling. A synirc services bot will detect these words being used and kick you. We do not apologize for this and will not change it, so don't bother complaining. And just to clear this up, this is my (ewe2)'s policy and not some random event. If you don't like it, go away. The bot will also kick for repeating phrases and will ban you for flooding.

• We STRONGLY SUGGEST that you register your nick with Nickserv so we can add you to the voiced list. To do so, just

code:
     /msg nickserv help register 

where you normally type text, and the nickserv bot will explain what to do. The simple way to do it is:

code:
     /msg nickserv register <password> [email] 

The email part is optional.

• Once you've registered, message one of the ops so we can add you to the list. Once you're on the voiced list, if we need to moderate the channel to cut down on the chaos, you will be able to take part in conversations. We can't just voice everyone all the time, so this is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. Once you're added, you must

code:
     /msg nickserv identify <password> 

when you join IRC to get voiced in our channel! It's a good idea to test all this out for yourself.

• In some cases we may need to ban those intent on disrupting the channel. The reasons should be obvious, and follow the same basic guidelines as SA itself.

Also, just a casual reminder that under new laws everyone who posts in this thread is going to jail.

There is also a strong chance if you are in Brisbane this month you will have your head stomped in by a jackbooted thug member of their fine police force. Or get shot, tasered, maced... something fun.

Kim Jong ill fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Should we start an auspol betting pool for how many people are going to die at G20?

Or would that be bad taste?

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

NORTH KOREA IS ONLY KOREA.

Splode posted:

Should we start an auspol betting pool for how many people are going to die at G20?

I feel like there's a chance there may be Auspollers or friends/relatives of mixed in, so probably poor taste.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Seriously, if Canada's G20 response managed to involve a bunch of protestors being beaten by cops hiding their badge numbers, there will be deaths in Brisbane.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Splode posted:

My brother is insistent he's not going to get tazed, rubber bullet'd, tear gassed, or shot at G20, and it's only my legitimate fear that he's going to loving die preventing me from starting a betting pool about how he's going to get brutalitied while protesting. Even if he doesn't die, someone else sure as gently caress will.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
I predict that about 4 of my mates are going to get their poo poo kicked in lol

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

A new month, and a new thread detailing the further decay of Australian politics.
#ThisisAuspol

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

We've succeeded in making brisbane more dangerous than the joh era.

Who the gently caress watches militarised riots in the states and takes notes?.

Luckily there's been a tidal wave of complaints from police officers concerned about their role in the breakdown of civil liberties.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
OP sucks, country sucks, I suck. It only gets worse from here.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Gas

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
I had to email about 6 people to check the university's travel insurance to ensure that it covered cyclones and civil unrest the other day, not even kidding.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
:siren:Just a final reminder about Xylo's Australian Care package.:siren: I will be heading stateside in a couple of weeks.

Thanks to the goons who have already chipped in or have offered to make something awesome like Fruity. I will post pictures of the package on snapchat (much like other goons have shown pictures of their packages) once everything is sorted.

Hambeet has offered to be the “treasurer” and collect money through his paypal (like he did for AMU’s ban)

If you want to take part, I have created a google doc like we used in Mafia to chat. Feel free to leave suggestions, let us know if you plan on chipping in or sending a gift through to me.

The google doc is at
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qHwwV7qEMIE58wcE1-2WIsT69jkZPWiSP3ejQxT4Myo/edit?pli=1#gid=0

If you have any questions (like Hambeet’s Paypal account), you can either PM me

Freudian Slip fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Nov 1, 2014

Edgar Quintero
Oct 5, 2004

POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS
DO NOT GIVE HEROIN
Seriously good luck with that Australia. When we had the G20 in Toronto a bunch of my friends spent 30 hours in jail for no reason whatsoever. And they were the lucky ones who didn't get beat up or have their prosthetic leg pulled off, nor did I know any of the women who were strip-searched by male officers in the back of police vans. But hey, all in the name of commerce right? At least the cops have a sound cannon now and millions of dollars worth of gear... That we sorely needed due to our daily gun battles in the streets (our murder rate peaked in 1991).

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Mods please don't change thread icon

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer

Splode posted:

Put me down for 6 "ferals".

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Splode posted:

What are the options for multi's?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir-CGQGOtbY

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
I was planning on going to g20 to black block it up, but my car is now hella broken so i cant :(

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Pidgin Englishman fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Nov 1, 2014

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQShSBhzG40

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Nov 1, 2014

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
My face is too beautiful to be stomped in by the qld filth

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Remember the two pilots that were forced down in Indonesia? I still smell a rat.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...q-1227100274162

quote:

Syaifullah Siregar, the acting head of Sam Ratulangi airport authority, said Brisbane’s Graeme Paul Jacklin and Richard Wayne Maclean, of South Australia, faced charges of violating
Indonesian aviation law, which carries a maximum three years’ jail or 60 million rupiah ($5700) fine.

He said the men had agreed to pay the fine but could not pay cash and needed to use a credit card. Airport authorities, however, cannot accept credit cards.

“We have talked and co-ordinated with the Australians and they have agreed to pay. The are ready to accept and confessed their wrongdoing as they crossed Indonesian airspace without a permit,” Mr Siregar said.

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2014/oct/25/australian-pilots-detained-by-indonesia-expected-to-be-freed-on-saturday

quote:

An airport spokesman, Syaifullah Siregar, said that the men had paid their fine.

“It’s lucky that they brought cash, too, so they could pay it immediately,” he said. “Both men are well.”

As far as I can tell the plane is a 1966 Beechcraft Baron. According to my research it has a maximum range of 1750 km. Now they could have had extra tanks (etc) but getting an additional 50% range is no mean feat as you have to be able to take off.

They were ferrying between Darwin and Cebu a distance of 2650 km. Either they were planning a stop to refuel or they were sitting on jerry cans. Next in strange facts is that Richard McLean is the ex-general manager of Monarch Airlines. An airline shut down due to a fatal accident precipitated by his 'scant regard for regulations'.

Now I was corrected on matters of general aviation in the last thread but I'd love to hear the real story and so did a little follow up of my own. I can't find any follow up and it all seems as suspicious as hell.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
New thread, new LeLievre:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
:drat:

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Man, the army doing Black Hawk drills over suburban areas at 2AM on Friday night in preparation for G20 is certainly not a part of the fear mongering machine!

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

I, Butthole posted:

Man, the army doing Black Hawk drills over suburban areas at 2AM on Friday night in preparation for G20 is certainly not a part of the fear mongering machine!

There's only one reason to buzz neighbourhoods and it's not tactical.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Caught Ludlam's panel at PAX Aus. :allears:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
How many different analogies did he use to say why data retention is bad

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Fruity Gordo posted:

How many different analogies did he use to say why data retention is bad

Just one: your posting.

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

With tales of brave Ulysses; how his naked ears were tortured; By the sirens sweetly singing.

Gough Suppressant posted:

Burrrrn

I almost want to go to g20 just because. But that requires going to qld.....

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

I, Butthole posted:

It's been loving crazy in Toowong, with flyovers every couple of hours. Be warned citizens, Can-do has his eye on you!

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Auspol November: G20 Beet Down Edition

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Josie posted:

But that requires going to qld.....

nothing is worth that.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Auspol November: G20 Beet Down Edition

Cartoon made that joke in the 'other' thread. keep up sunshine.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Matthew Beet posted:

Cartoon made that joke in the 'other' thread. keep up sunshine.

I guess he beet me to it.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

ur ded

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Is QLD still the shittest state? I live near Brisbane CBD and I can't imagine things getting much worse.

I haven't read much Australian politics recently and I am much happier for it.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for October:

2014: JFMAMJJAS

2013: AMJJASOND

October's posting highlights:

ewe2 posted:

Does this man's fear of women know no bounds. Here's a protest idea, get a crowd in burqas for a while, and we've seen how "qualified" student politicians turn out when they get into power. Hanson et. al. are hardly as uniform in vested interest and views as old white men have been running the show a lot of oil we might need. But the fun doesn't stop there, because Tony thinks a McDonald's school is the most clueless negotiators and are going to fall for that one. Added to that, they just have the means to do for an encore now? Has he done Stalin or Pol Pot yet? What a self-satisfied priviledged little arselicker.

In other news, life goals are the same thing too but incompetently? Anyone who doesn't agree that the current crop of career politicians. Once upon a time, they did come from those socio-economic backgrounds as well as the lawyers and doctors and were very effective foils within the parameters of old white man indulging his prejudices because he gave up challenging the system.

HookShot posted:

Yeah, exactly. I spend a ton of money on the surgery. Do I think it's a dumb move? Yes. But I have always bought my entire view with this sentence:

"Let's fight the people who say, lose 20-50 pounds, then get the surgery as a fast-track AFTER they've fixed their awful diet/exercise levels, then that's fantastic, and they'll be fine. But I have a hard time seeing someone with that kind of dumb, crossing out a person's title and writing their first name to make me out to be hilarious in 5 years when she weighs 100 kilos again because "oh diet and exercise just don't seem to WORK for me" and got a bandaid solution that doesn't actually do anything to stop the underlying problem that she just thinks she's that ~*~ special snowflake ~*~ that can't lose weight no matter what and it isn't her fault, which is like what, an hour and a half south of Brisbane. And yet the culture is COMPLETELY different. You don't see any gently caress off we're full bumper stickers, you don't have a problem, and as I would never, ever buy a franchise. You're basically paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy yourself a job in retail most of the truck

Cartoon posted:

I don't know guys I think my point, that being an indigenous woman. On the absolute flimsiest of pretexts her private communications were splashed all over the home renovation issues. I'd conceded that in Gillard's case there was at least the possibility that there are other more deserving targets in the message yet. The one last year was during the IWCacaust. They have only been posting in AusPol recently and has presumably reformed. He certainly hasn't reoffended. I guess it's a dicey semantic line but that headline has to be close to actionable for libel especially as the expression of force on the books is a waiting game now I guess.

-/-

Looks like NTATA isn't the only response you have is to be keen on war (It didn't work).

Apparently the NBN is safe from being broken up, until it is all just the extension of one person's cyrogenetically frozen brain therefore if you are a white male. Sorry you are the one area that the church speak out against coal? This will not represent all Australians. The only 'upside' here is it will be by the OPI. Apparently there is some doubt as to the apparent goals here. Turns out to get physical with the Leader of Russia? WTF. I have a case for unfair dismissal. Whether or not it passes the public interest test is about to be solved by boots on the obituary of a person? Yes that tag is synonymous with Whitlam but jesus wept.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I thought Crust would have been a little bigger

GOUGH POWER LOVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Urcher posted:

Word cloud for October:

October's posting highlights:

The bar is set so high for November, I'm going to have to get creative.

• Locked thread