Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

gays, fatties and women are the main funny things in life. Fuck those lefty tumblrfuck fags, I'll laugh at poofs and abbos if I want to

Haters Objector posted:

IWC revealed his racism when he failed to comment on the multiple recent acts of terrorism committed by white Australians against Muslim women

drat, in calling me a racist you appear to have won the debate and addressed the issue. You should Call your mum and tell her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Are you expecting someone to defend it? It's a disgraceful act and whoever perpetrated it should be arrested and tried.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Ian Winthorpe III posted:

drat, in calling me a racist you appear to have won the debate and addressed the issue. You should Call your mum and tell her

Go and die, you sickening human stain. Australia would be better off without you.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

pigpoopballs.jpg

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

gays, fatties and women are the main funny things in life. Fuck those lefty tumblrfuck fags, I'll laugh at poofs and abbos if I want to

Again, this is not comparable. If what you are getting at is that The Jewish community here may have divided loyalties in the same way I am implying Muslims are then yes I agree. Au citizens should be banned from going to serve in the IDF and our policy towards Palestine and settlements can be unduly influenced by the Jewish lobby, I agree with you.

But just put away contrarianism mr blitzkrieg because I would like your genuine opinion on this. It troubles me that sectarian violence is being played out in this way and it troubles me that we seem to lack the mechanism to address it.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Again, this is not comparable. If what you are getting at is that The Jewish community here may have divided loyalties in the same way I am implying Muslims are then yes I agree. Au citizens should be banned from going to serve in the IDF and our policy towards Palestine and settlements can be unduly influenced by the Jewish lobby, I agree with you.

But just put away contrarianism mr blitzkrieg because I would like your genuine opinion on this. It troubles me that sectarian violence is being played out in this way and it troubles me that we seem to lack the mechanism to address it.

My genuine opinion is that the media and the public are in an anti-moslem frenzy in much the same way the german public and german media were in an anti-jew frenzy around the time of the NDSP. My genuine opinion is that you are filth for even playing devil's advocate here and suggesting that it's a legitimate concern.

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

Go and die, you sickening human stain.

Im trying to understand what motivates you to post this sort of stuff. Either it's a genuine expression of your sadness and frustration or its a calculated way of trying to appear militant or edgy, but just letting you know that it comes across as quite juvenile and immature.

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

My genuine opinion is that the media and the public are in an anti-moslem frenzy in much the same way the german public and german media were in an anti-jew frenzy around the time of the NDSP. My genuine opinion is that you are filth for even playing devil's advocate here and suggesting that it's a legitimate concern.

What's Devils advocacy? Its a given that sectarian shooting at families is a legitimate concern, this being Sydney rather than Beirut.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Thank you, you seem informed. do you have anything to read that could explain to me the Sunni/Shia situation. The Right doesn't address it because it complicates the case for our intervention in the ME, while the Left doesn't address it because it's a problem that cannot be laid at the feet of the west.

Don't play dumb IWC, you should know the answer to this one.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Ahh, now that everyone has stopped talking about fatchat maybe we can get back to discussing - oh hi IWC, what's up?

I only just realised that posts from people on your ignore list (all one person of it) still show up when you're replying to a thread.

Anyway, I have finished my assignments for the year (first year of my masters) and am looking forward to a solid few months of volunteering/dole bludging.

Tirade posted:

Really this, IWC, come on now.

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

Tirade posted:

What answer?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

The Sunni/Shia situation? It's not like it's some new phenomenon that no-one's ever talked about before.

e: I don't mean the "answer" as in how to solve the Sunni / Shia conflict, I meant awareness of the situation.

Tirade fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Nov 3, 2014

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Rear Vision did a good report on the shia/sunni conflict, IWC

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/rearvision/shia-and-sunni-divide-in-iraq/5611166

Download the audio

E: They also did a good report on the house of Saud last week

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/rearvision/saudi-arabia/5804002

Radio National is great and everyone should listen to it

Amethyst fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Nov 3, 2014

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

It's OK> I already called his mum. She is pretty down to having random people from the internet call her at all hours of the day.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

What's Devils advocacy? Its a given that sectarian shooting at families is a legitimate concern, this being Sydney rather than Beirut.

The history of Sydney is a thousand times more sickening than the history of Beirut.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

The history of Sydney is a thousand times more sickening than the history of Beirut.

Don't be hyperbolic, for that to be the case we'd have had to have genocided the native population or something, and I certainly don't remember that from my history classes in primary school.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Newspoll: 54-46 to Labor

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Anidav posted:

Newspoll: 54-46 to Labor

That would be pretty cool if it weren't for the Fairfax Ipsos poll showing 51-49 to Labor

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...102-11fraj.html

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

Freudian Slip posted:

That would be pretty cool if it weren't for the Fairfax Ipsos poll showing 51-49 to Labor

Just wait for the Bludgertrack to update.

Nuclear Spy
Jun 10, 2008

feeling under?

Freudian Slip posted:

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Ipsos is off a bit, apparently.

e; can't wait for the page 10 newspoll release in the Oz tomorrow

Murodese fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Nov 3, 2014

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Holy concentration camps, Australia!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-03/asylum-seekers-on-manus-island-allegedly-tortured-and-threatene/5861120

quote:

An asylum seeker at the Manus Island detention centre has alleged he and another detainee were tortured, physically assaulted, threatened with rape and forced to sign papers withdrawing their witness accounts about the night Iranian asylum seeker Reza Barati died.

Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-12/albanese-floats-wind-back-of-draconian-journalist-laws/5807762

quote:

Senior Labor frontbencher Anthony Albanese has suggested laws which could see journalists jailed for 10 years may need to be wound back.

Get rid of Shorten, bring on Albomania, denounce the concentration camps, get my vote back (probably not but I'll preference you).

Bald Stalin fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Nov 3, 2014

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Four candidates for Mayor of the City of Onkaparinga, and the least objectionable one can't spell or punctuate in his candidate statement.

Maybe next council elections I should run on a platform of seizing territory from neighbouring councils and ejecting foreign usurpers, the paperwork can't cost that much.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

At least ASIO can now outsource their torturing to Wilson Security and ship newly non-citizens to Manus to fall comfortably under PNG jurisdiction

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

NTRabbit posted:

Four candidates for Mayor of the City of Onkaparinga, and the least objectionable one can't spell or punctuate in his candidate statement.

Maybe next council elections I should run on a platform of seizing territory from neighbouring councils and ejecting foreign usurpers, the paperwork can't cost that much.

I got a hilarious one from some conservative guy who wanted to be mayor of Adelaide. I really wish I'd kept it. He mentioned that he could really relate to voters in the south-east of the CBD because he "once owned an investment cottage there". It introduced every single member of his family to make him seem like a family man or something. There was a photo of his two daughters dressed up at the horse races with those funny hats on with a quote like "haha dad's such a card. He's always talking about wanting to be mayor and making things easier for business". Also, he really hated bike lanes.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Brisgoons

G20 Aftermath Goonmeet.

The weekend after, we assemble at the side of the wreckage of brisbane society and drink to forget.

All in favor say Aye.

Welsper
Jan 14, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Aye.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

I'm waiting for her to tear off the mask and reveal that she was Sarah Palin all along.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
Aye

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Auspol November: pigpoopballs.jpg

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/australians-should-prepare-for-more-antiterror-raids-afp-chief-20141103-11ge3x.html

Please give generously for the AFP doorknock appeal.

quote:

Australians should prepare for more anti-terror raids: AFP chief

Australians should prepare for more counterterrorism raids as big as the recent 800-strong police raids in Sydney and Brisbane, the Australian Federal Police's counterterrorism chief has said.

Federal police Assistant Commissioner Neil Gaughan said police did not engage in "overkill" in September's Operation Appleby raids that involved 800 police officers, but led to only two people being charged.

"What we will see now is more raids like we saw in Sydney because the environment has changed," Mr Gaughan said.

"The paradigm has changed such that we will be forced to react much quicker than what we previously have, and I think the community will see more of this where we will do a large number of execution of search warrants and probably only one or two arrests."

Mr Gaughan said police made no apologies for the raids, including the seizure of a reportedly plastic sword. The sword wasn't plastic and was a "legitimate weapon", Mr Gaughan said.

The comments came during a terrorism-focused Q&A in which Attorney-General George Brandis said he did not regret stating that "people have a right to be bigots" at the height of debate about watering down the Racial Discrimination Act.
Continued in link.

*Knock knock.*
Whos there?
Team 'Straya.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Aye.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kommando posted:

Brisgoons

G20 Aftermath Goonmeet.

The weekend after, we assemble at the side of the wreckage of brisbane society and drink to forget.

All in favor say Aye.

Aye, sounds good!

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Aye.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Shall I trust you nerds to make it to Sukachi for chicken at 1900 saturday again? Or nominate somewhere else.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Kommando posted:

Brisgoons

G20 Aftermath Goonmeet.

All in favor say Aye.

Aye.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Kommando posted:

*Knock knock.*
Whos there?
Team 'Straya.

Just in time for the G20.