Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Budzilla posted:

Is QLD still the shittest state? I live near Brisbane CBD and I can't imagine things getting much worse.

I can. If you want to see how things could still get much worse, just try looking up some US news!

quote:

I haven't read much Australian politics recently and I am much happier for it.

Never mind, this is probably a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kommando posted:

Brisgoons

G20 Aftermath Goonmeet.

The weekend after, we assemble at the side of the wreckage of brisbane society and drink to forget.

All in favor say Aye.

Aye, sounds good!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Those On My Left posted:

Wrong approach. Read them, report them.

poo poo, those comments make we want to dox them and submit a hard copy to every woman who ever encounters them in real life.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gough Suppressant posted:

The Australian Labor Party is responsible for the rights and protections you enjoy at work.

This is why I keep telling people in the US to stick with the Republicans. They're the party of Abraham Lincoln!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithranderp posted:

Wow when did that happen? And what are the chances we all ate rat at the last meet?

I was about to gloat for sticking more vegetarian at that meet, but for all I know they had rat sushi too.

If you guys are up for something totally different, there's this awesome Eritrian restaurant I just found (Mu'ooz) almost right next to Three Monkeys. They've got share platters and stuff, and the business was founded by refugees so it would be thematically appropriate for Auspol. It'd be more on the pricey side compared to Sukachi, though.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithranderp posted:

I really don't mind where we go tbh, as long as it's decently priced.

How about that Indian place in Milton? There's track works between Corinda and the city this weekend, but there are plenty of buses that go that way anyway.

I'll vote for that one, would be super close to my place and I always love Indian food.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GoldStandardConure posted:

In case you have missed it, there is a show starting on SBS tonight called First Contact which looks to be mandatory viewing. Taking a bunch of racist white Australians and getting them to live with and spend time with some indigenous Australians to hopefully get them to develop a tiny bit of human empathy.

I'm predicting it now though, it will be much like Go Back To Where You Came From, in that the people who really need to watch a show like this won't, and the white people on the show their growth will be limited to "Well the ones we saw are the good ones, not like all the other aboriginals I have to deal with in the city!"

Thanks for the reminder, I just heard Hack talking about this a lot last night, so I gotta try and remember to actually turn the TV on today.

From the Hack story at least, it sounds like they didn't pick really stubborn super-racist people for it. Just people who had more "average" views, so still pretty racist but not because they were like, trying hard at it or anything. The one participant they interviewed sounded like she really did have her views changed, particularly when she mentioned the disadvantages facing young children. Almost like a future Auspoller in the making.

But I'm just as pessimistic about who's going to watch it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

"Warmist" is the stupidest loving word ever jfc

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm not watching right now cause apparently my housemate's TV no longer works. Oh well.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

fliptophead posted:

I've discussed getting solar panels with many different people and they all say that it's a waste of money and I'll never get a return on investment. The thing is I don't give a single gently caress about getting money back, rather if prefer to not burn coal to power my tv and fridge...

Like I said, I can't articulate this argument coherently but urgh...sorry about the rant

They probably aren't accounting for electricity prices going up, which will make solar panels pay for themselves ever faster. Or for the fact their "don't bother with solar, just keep paying our normal energy bills" plan is literally impossible to ever pay for itself even in theory, compared to your plan, which might just take a long time.

Maybe tell them energy rent money is dead money! They gotta make their own!! :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Cartoon posted:

Ray Martin bad blah blah blah but here's a direct link to First Contact Ep 2 if you missed it.

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/353156675833/First-Contact

I caught up on the first episode last night. It was lots of fun riffing along to it, I was yelling at Sandy to use her white-person brain when she struggled with assembling the tent.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Those On My Left posted:

Laserface you're a dickhead for real

Even Speedwagon is ashamed

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

See you goons tomorrow! I'll be the designated walker.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Konomex posted:

I assume the night ends with some kind of suicide pact? Get out of Queensland before Christmas or die.

Actually we decided on a plan of getting ebola so we can all go vomit on various LNP members.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

quote:

They were like free-range chickens, wandering around at will, pecking at this and that, content that laying one egg constituted a hard day's work.

Haahahahaha. Yes, let's try and associate the humane treatment of animals with some culture of entitlement bullshit, this in no way suggests that we think the norm for all human workers should be something like battery hens.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SadisTech posted:

E: Any other Brisgoons get absolutely mauled by the storm just now? The cliche "hailstones as big as golf balls" came to terrifying life and there are trees down all over the place. 67,000 homes without power currently! (So there's a good chance that Brisgoons won't be able to answer unless phoneposting anyway, I guess.)

Yup, was just posting about it in the BYOB thread. Had to drive around one fallen tree on Milton Road.

Ket posted:

Yeah I'm stuck at Toowong.
This is bullshit - these storms are supposed to happen on Wednesdays when I have a lift home!
I guesses I've got about another hour at least for the rail buses to start up

Toowong? Are you umbrella dude?! :ohdear:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Chrodyn posted:

poo poo I hope my place is OK. Nobody is there for a few days.

It came and went pretty quick, at least. So as long as you kept your windows closed it probably shouldn't be too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kommando posted:

http://www.cardcastgame.com/browse/deck/6GKEX

you're all horrible people and contributed to this.

Better bring this to the next goonmeet!

• Locked thread