Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir-CGQGOtbY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Ian Winthorpe III posted:

drat, in calling me a racist you appear to have won the debate and addressed the issue. You should Call your mum and tell her

It's OK> I already called his mum. She is pretty down to having random people from the internet call her at all hours of the day.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

urseus posted:

Probably not very much if it was confined to a single day rather than a lifestyle.

What if it was just confined to a season? Say a Spring Carnival.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Marsupial Fish posted:

I'm going to add to the job hunting there with a couple of questions.
I sent my resume to a mob and they got back to me wanting a couple more details.
But a few things are not sitting comfortably with me.

It's an office/admin-type job.

Firstly they want to see a copy of my drivers licence, and I wonder why they'd need that at all, as it looks like I'd be driving a desk all day.
This part checks out, they just want to make sure you're not brown a terrorist.

Marsupial Fish posted:

The working hours would be 7am - 4pm. a 42.5 hour week as normal, doesn't seem too normal to me in this day and age. Or am I being too sensitive about it?

37.5 / 38 hours is a standard Australian work week. 42.5 is coming in for a half day on Saturday unpaid because you like your boss. Are you getting an increased rate of pay for the extra hours? Usually 1.5, increasing to 2x because if not then you're morally required to steal stuff from them to make up for the shortfall.

Marsupial Fish posted:

Apparently if I pass the interview they ask for a day of unpaid work as a trial. I know the general consensus on unpaid 'trial' work, but this one seems fairly legit. ow many of you folks would tolerate doing this in the process of getting a new job?

Isn't this hell illegal? All work should be paid for even if they fire you on day one you should still get paid for day one. If they actually can't afford to pay you for that day then you need to get a different job because they have no money.

Marsupial Fish posted:

After a successful trial day they then book me in for a general medical check...again, this is just an office job.

Oh, and they want me to do a Briggs-Meyers personality test. I did let out an involuntary laugh over the phone when the person mentioned this.
Now you're not even trying with the troll.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Fruity Gordo posted:

I just did a quiz on buzz feed and my spirit animal is an otter

Jean Paul Otter posted:

Hell is Otter people

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
I would really like a day to go by where Lambie is the dumbest thing in politics. It's not a high bar guys.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Seagull posted:

Mr :mrapig: said that in Japan you should just go up to women, force their head onto your crotch and shout "Pikachu".

It wasn't even as specific as telling Japanese women, just Asian women.

Here have some Tumblr stuff about him

And a video from the woman who started it all off here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30ZWKn6JBxg

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Bifauxnen posted:

poo poo, those comments make we want to dox them and submit a hard copy to every woman who ever encounters them in real life.

I've already accidentally doxxed one guy from a comment on something similar in another thread. It seemed so incomprehensible that someone could stay stuff this bad and post their name to it (was a Youtube comment for what it's worth). I'm still calling it an accidental doxx because they were stupidly easy to find. They either have an amazingly bland troll profile or they actually believe this.

As an extra fun game when reading comments on things like this see how many people have liked the comments.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
Putin's cavalcade

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

gay picnic defence posted:

Has to be a photoshop, surely.

The source video has been elusive so I'm inclined to agree with you on that. Still made me giggle.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Jumpingmanjim posted:

I got an international Chinese student pregnant, I don't want the child or be with her, but she would not get an abortion. I don't know what her intentions are, but I think she might want to use it to get Australian residency, but I don't really care about that.

I want to know, will the child be an Australian citizen if born here and will I have to pay child support for the next 18 years??

Anchor Babies ITT

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Cleretic posted:

Abbott's going to get laughed out of his own G20, right?

Are you kidding, look at some of the other stuff we're going to do to improve the economy. Here are a couple of other commitments.

Our Tone posted:

cutting red tape
contributing to global trade liberalisation

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

:lambie:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
Has anyone else noticed how NTATA wants to build a house piecemeal one floor at a time but fails to lay the foundation for said house?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

NTRabbit posted:

I had that happen to a friend at University, entirely their documented fault, but he still had to take a year off study to work and pay back the debt, which he did back in his country town home, not being able to find work that would let him stay in the city and pay back centrelink at the same time.

Except he ended up not paying it back, because he was killed when he lost control of his ute on the way home from work one evening. 10 years ago now, but I still blame them.

Jesus gently caress, that story took a dark twist. I'm sorry for your loss.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

ewe2 posted:

I have an aboriginal friend, I've always said Koorie with him, he's happy with that. Some aren't though; I do say indigenous because in some states they hate Koorie.

I'm in the same boat with Koori.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Laserface posted:

I thought you guys didnt like gendered insults?

Totally throwing my understanding of Auspol out the window here guys.

If it helps you understand, the basic tenants are punch up not down.

In this case "dick" is a male gendered insult and as the male of the species is at the top of the pecking order because of the patriarchy this means it's fair game to use as an insult. It can be used affectionately or, as in this case, to let someone know that they're being a dickhead.

One could not acceptably call you a vaginahead because that would involve people from a privileged class making light of a class that is traditionally downtrodden and abused in the current societal norms.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Laserface posted:

Honestly I prefer to be called Fuckwit because dickhead reminds me of the struggle of my people.

I appreciate the people in this thread that post articles and facts as its a great way to keep in the loop with regards to politics. You made me a greens voter so you should be happy that you got another person out of the "my dad votes X so I'll vote X" club.

You guys seem to get way more upset about the fact that you might upset someone than actually offending someone. Its sort of dumb.

I don't know mang, the thread was pretty happy to call you a dickhead and upset you.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Kommando posted:

news from goonmeet : CrazyTolradi is not on the electoral roll.

So goons started hanging out with underage goons? This can't end well.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Avshalom posted:

Someone, not naming any names, skimmed campaign funds to buy peyote for her community garden.

Are you making GBS threads me? please tell me that I'm arguing with a troll post I have a loving cactus growing on my parents balcony that people can have a cutting from if they're really that desperate.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Murodese posted:

Yes, she's making GBS threads you. The actual thing had something to do with sex workers from memory, but I forget what it is.

Thank gently caress.

As penance have this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDFCrnSSxJ4

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Fruity Gordo posted:

Can you get mescaline from it?

It's a San Pedro if that helps aka yes. Also cactus juice tastes like poo poo, just buy LSD from silk road or whatever.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
Today seems like a good day to post this.

Trigger warning: Abbott

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeGXr0jCzr

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
Here are some signatures from Pynes petition to stop the ABC shutting down in SA

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGYg0nVJsps

Abetz saying no one lost their job today.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
If the ABC is green left leaning and things say the ABC actually leans slightly right, doors this mean I should stop giving the Greens money and go harder left?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Griffball posted:

Pretty sure I'm worse, I chose to live here. Callala anyway.

Lake Conjola represent.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

BBJoey posted:

Sometimes when I'm driving from Canberra to literally anywhere else I see animals and they scare me.

I think you're legally required to run LNP politicians over rather than swerving to avoid them.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Nuclear Spy posted:

Just went through the Facebook comments on the Australian Greens post of this video - 193 comments and I cannot find a single negative one, not even a troll.

That is because they're all trolls :getin:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Amethyst posted:

I already apologized for my initial careless usage of a gendered term cartoon. I don't think it was a transgression that required this ludicrous attempt to frame me as an MRA, but it reveals an awful lot about your vacuous partisan politics.

You apologised and then doubled down with another gendered term though. Do you not see that?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Gorilla Salad posted:

So we're going to restrict what the filthy poors are allowed to buy now, are we? Who wants to bet they'll still be able to spend up on Foxtel?

Hi, I'm an LNP politician. I will implement needlessly cruel laws that cause suffering to hundreds of thousands of people. I will illegally imprison, in conditions akin to torture, thousands of the asylum seekers we're legally and morally obliged to aid. I will demonise you for anything outside the white heterosexual 'norm' and see you discriminated against daily and do nothing. I will even change the marriage act to enshrine the discrimination against you.

What? Someone pointed out my family's suckling on the public teat and getting cushy arts placements and diplomatic jobs? That's not fair!!!!! :cry:

All politicians should be fair game for everything they loving do. Take one second to remember all the poo poo Abbott's trying to bring in and then tell me I should loving care if he's exposed as the lying cheating sack of poo poo we all know him to be.

Boo loving hoo.

I'd argue that Foxtel is a pretty cost effective way to get a budget friendly way to get your family entertainment. Sure it's poo poo but so is most free to air poo poo.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Matthew Beet posted:

Squats over thread.

*ugggghnnnnn*

Hits post

Auspol!

I support your desire to do squats. They're the sexiest of gym moves.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Those On My Left posted:

For the record, Laserface, here's why your post was dumb as poo poo:

Using "sewing circle" to describe a collective of people engaged in petty trivial gossip is a sexist thing to do. This is because

(1) Sewing circles have unarguably traditionally and historically been groups of women. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sewing_circle

(2) Society has long trivialised social interaction and discussion among women by perpetuating the stereotype that gossip is predominantly the domain of women.

These things hold true whether or not there is anything essentially or inherently feminine about sewing. They hold true whether or not the person doing this analysis believes that sewing is women's work.

So it is possible to observe that "sewing circle" is a gendered slur without actually holding any stereotypically sexist beliefs yourself.

In fact not only is it possible, it's actually the only informed view to reach.

This is not an empty quote. It has an ASCII penis 8===D

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
In unrelated news, I've just been accepted as a bone marrow donor and am poo poo scared. So I'm telling anyone and everyone to make sure I don't back out of this poo poo.

ps Don't Google the needles.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Kegslayer posted:

You have a young man die on a live broadcast in what was a completely unexpected freak accident.

For gently caress's sake auspol of all the poo poo to whinge about this one's pretty far down the list.

I agree, it's more important that we work out why it's Ian Winthorpe 3 and not Ian Winthorpe 100

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

adamantium|wang posted:

Looks like Harcher is starting up the leadershit machine again:

This ties in nicely with Grogs bit today.

TFA posted:

Whenever a government looks like it is about to sink a few things always happen.

The first is that opinion pieces start appearing suggesting that there are organisational issues with the Prime Minister’s Office – usually targeting the chief of staff.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

ABC TV posted:

Frankston, with 5.7% counted. This is from the Liberal end of the seat (i.e. the south), and there’s a 6.0% swing to Labor. Maybe the rest of the electorate will behave differently though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
People Power/No Smart Meters has 14 votes so far, statewide.

• Locked thread