Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Kommando posted:

Brisgoons

G20 Aftermath Goonmeet.

The weekend after, we assemble at the side of the wreckage of brisbane society and drink to forget.

All in favor say Aye.

Aye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Anidav posted:

It looked like a fat plane with propellers facing upwards on each wing and no windows on it whatsoever. If it is a type of drone, it's hard to find on google because all that comes up is OBAMA crap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_Boeing_V-22_Osprey

The Americans are patrolling them up and down the Brisbane River. Incessantly. There are also motorcycle cops patrolling outside my work in numbers I've never seen. gently caress this Gestapo BS. I'm literally afraid to catch public transport. NOT due to the possibility of terrorist activity but because of the probability of thugs with a scrap of authority getting over-excited.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/11/12/comment-g20-turn-brisbane-ghost-town

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Love Clive or hate Clive, Clive is not boring.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

thatbastardken posted:

Yeah I pretty much never meet anyone matching that description either doing election work or going along to branch meetings. Who is your source for this information?

I met a couple doing HTV and there was one at a drinks thing I went to. It wasn't the majority by any stretch but there are a few of them in there. I don't think they own the state party or anything, every candidate I've met has seemed pretty level headed. I may have been overly derogatory about the anti-GMO anti-vax thing in the past.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
I was going to head along to the Goonmeet tonight but I've just got back from a two day work thing in Melbourne, dragged my decaying carcass through a personal training session this morning and it's at Rosalie instead of the CBD which just makes it too much effort.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Sooo uh

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...126-11umeh.html

What exactly happens when the Senate summons you and you go "nah gently caress off"?

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

tithin posted:

I wonder if anyone has me on ignore

I have everyone in the forum on ignore. I come here for the serenity.

E: Any other Brisgoons get absolutely mauled by the storm just now? The cliche "hailstones as big as golf balls" came to terrifying life and there are trees down all over the place. 67,000 homes without power currently! (So there's a good chance that Brisgoons won't be able to answer unless phoneposting anyway, I guess.)

E2: climate change is a myth

SadisTech fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Nov 27, 2014

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
gently caress it shits me when I see 30 odd new posts and drop into the thread to find the majority of them are IWC baiting people, often with alarming success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

ewe2 posted:

Most people have him on ignore so they're only reading muyb's responses which are the parts worth reading anyway.

Yeah but unfortunately those responses quote him and I just don't want that sandpaper on my frontal lobes feeling

• Locked thread