Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
New thread, new LeLievre:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

quote:

Manus Island asylum seekers allegedly tortured, threatened with rape by guards in secret compound over Reza Barati death
By Mandie Sami

An asylum seeker at the Manus Island detention centre has alleged he and another detainee were tortured, physically assaulted, threatened with rape and forced to sign papers withdrawing their witness accounts about the night Iranian asylum seeker Reza Barati died.

The man, aged in his 20s, has spoken publicly for the first time about what he said Wilson Security guards and Transfield staff did to him in a secret compound called Chauka.

The asylum seeker making the claims said he was too scared to be named.

To protect his identity and the identity of the other detainee at the centre of the allegations, their names have been changed to Mike and Matthew.

Mike claimed he was putting himself in more danger by telling his story, but said he had to make it public.

"We were not meant to expose it because they said to us, 'you shouldn't tell anyone. If you tell anyone we will take you to Chauka again and after getting raped we will deport you'," he said.

"But we need to expose it... I really don't care what's going to happen. If they want to kill me, threaten me or beat me... I have to expose the truth."

The secrecy surrounding the compound and what happens in it has been fuelled by the fact that it does not appear on any of the official maps of the detention centre.

It is made up of a series of converted shipping containers, each containing a single bed and no windows.

Mike said what happened to them in the secret compound was horrifying.

"I have nightmares and I have mental problems. At night time I cry because of what happened in Chauka," he said.

"I'm not lying, I have lots of panic attacks, I have anxiety. My condition is getting worse every day."

Mike claims the people who did this to them were employed by Wilson Security, and he can identify them by name and face.

"We were taken to Chauka. They tied us, they beat us, they threatened us to get raped and they handcuffed us to two plastic chairs," he said.

"They kept me for four days and they kept Matthew for three days. We were handcuffed and beaten. They beat us in the body to avoid bruising in the face."

Mike and Matthew were taken to Chauka after they complained about changes to internet and phone policies that were severely hampering asylum seekers' ability to communicate with their families.

Their movement into Chuaka is not being disputed, but what happened to them while they were there is.

Mike said they signed papers under duress without being allowed to read them.

"We were shocked and asked why are you beating us? We were crying. They said 'you need to sign this piece of paper... it's about your deportation'," he said.

"We said 'we're not going to sign it'.

And they said 'if you don't sign it we're going to get locals to rape you because you are the ones who want to explain in the court and be witnesses against Australia and PNG'.

"We didn't have any other solution so we accepted it.

"If you were me you would have signed it."

Mike also alleges that while in Chauka, he and Matthew were made to sleep on muddy ground and fed only bread and water.

"You can't believe how hard that moment was for us and still I have nightmares of it," he said.

"Still I cry, I moan at night time when I'm sleeping about all the things that happened to us... and I think still our lives are in danger here.

"Lots of times the guards come and bully us and they start teasing me.

"They say things like, 'how did you find Chauka? Was it good?' And 'do you want to go again? And we'll keep an eye on you if you do anything wrong, we'll do that again'."

'Mike' wants independent investigation into allegations

Mike has called for an independent investigation into what he alleges happened to them in Chauka.

He also claims he and Matthew were not the only asylum seekers subjected to inhumane treatment while in the compound.

"Why is no one responsible for this? I know several people and some of them got beaten there - but they can't speak English," he said.

The Australian Government has confirmed Chauka's existence, but denied the asylum seekers' allegations.

"The Government rejects claims that the transferees were subjected to cruel and inhumane treatment as alleged. These are more exaggerated claims. The Minister is advised a full investigation was undertaken by Transfield with the claims being determined to have absolutely no foundation," a spokesperson for Immigration Minister Scott Morrison said.

The Government's full statement said:

quote:

The Minister has been advised the two men referred to in reports today became abusive and aggressive and were moved in accordance with operational policy within the centre.

The Government rejects claims that the transferees were subjected to cruel and inhumane treatment as alleged. These are more exaggerated claims.

As necessary, transferees are moved to different accommodation areas within the Manus Offshore Processing Centre (OPC) for operational reasons including for their safety and wellbeing and the safety and wellbeing of others. This can include short-term managed accommodation.

Transferees in Chauka Compound have access to a shower, adequate meals and drinks, and are permitted to go to the bathroom when necessary. They also have access to health care, case managers, religious representatives, education staff and legal visits.

Transferees also have access to medication as needed and are permitted to exercise, be outdoors, and access educational and reading materials.

The Managed Accommodation Area is for transferees who present as a threat to others or themselves or preventing the continuance of an offence or to prevent injury or harm to themselves or others. It can also be used to provide vulnerable transferees respite or rehabilitation and time out in order to assist in the mental health and behaviour management process.

The Chauka Compound is used only for as long as is necessary to prevent such events and for the shortest practicable time or to enable sufficient support.

Further to our response regarding claims of human rights violations:

The Minister is advised that the complaints raised with Ben Pynt are the only complaints that the department is aware of. The Minister is advised there has been no such complaints made to local authorities or service providers on site. The Minister is advised a full investigation was undertaken by Transfield with the claims being determined to have absolutely no foundation."

Ben Pynt is the director of Human Rights Advocacy at Humanitarian Research Partners, a non-profit human rights and humanitarian research organisation.

He has been in regular contact with the two asylum seekers and raised their allegations of mistreatment with the Australian Federal Police (AFP) and the office of United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (UNHCR).

The AFP responded to Mr Pynt by saying that Papua New Guinea police were the most appropriate law enforcement organisation to investigate the allegation.

Mr Pynt disagreed and backed Mike's calls for an independent investigation.

"The specificity of their claims is such that you couldn't make it up. Dates, times, places, people and then the documents corroborate all of those things," he said.

"It really makes me think there's no doubt.

"Quite frankly, I don't believe the Minister and neither should the Australian public. The Minister's denial has no factual basis.

"He hasn't responded to any of the individual claims and he hasn't asked an independent person to find out what happened.

"It's very simple for Mr Morrison to deny that anything has taken place.

"It's very easy for us to prove the opposite, and in the fullness of time I am confident that these claims will be borne out to be true."

Victoria Martin-Iverson, a spokesperson for the refugee rights action network in Perth, has also had regular contact with Mike, Matthew and other asylum seekers on Manus Island.

She said other detainees have also been pressured to sign documents withdrawing their witness testimony about the night Mr Barati died.

"I have seen copies of the letter given to people who have made a statement that they would like to return home and who have also made witness statements," she said.

"In that letter they are in fact told that if they are a witness they cannot return home, and if they want to return home they need to retract their witness statements.

"So again, we have independent evidence that corroborate people's statements that they are put under some bizarre and extraordinary pressure to withdraw their witness statements regarding what they witnessed the night that Reza Barati was killed.

"I've had regular communications with both men that have made the allegations.

"The information that they give us has been consistently reliable, detailed and to date not one single allegation that they have made has been proven to be incorrect.

"They have a right like any other human being to say this happened to me.

"If it's not true, prove it's not true."

Jesus Christ.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

quote:

BREAKING: Unconfirmed reports Admire Rakti has collapsed and died in his stall after finishing last.

Another race, another dead horse.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

quote:

Another sad Melbourne Cup development - Araldo has a broken leg.

One dead, one probably dead soon.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Blammo.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Contra Duck posted:

Considering it was a day ending in y, telling a bunch of tories to gently caress off seems appropriate.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

urseus posted:

Probably not very much if it was confined to a single day rather than a lifestyle.

:allears:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

quote:

Honouring the memory of the late Queensland premier Wayne Goss should not be an excuse to deride the accomplishments of Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen, says federal frontbencher Barnaby Joyce.

That's okay Barnaby, I have plenty of other excuses to deride Sir Joh as it is.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

quote:

Asked if Tony Abbott managed to "shirtfront" the Russian leader over the issue, as he had promised last month, a Kremlin spokesman said "it appears that he did not try".

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

quote:

The Privacy Commissioner has found the Department of Immigration guilty of having breached the privacy of 9,250 asylum seekers in an online bungle.

The department was also found to have unlawfully disclosed personal information.

In February, the department mistakenly published a document online which contained the personal details of the asylum seekers, embedded into a document.

The information remained online for eight-and-a-half days until it was discovered and subsequently removed.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Anidav posted:

No, robbing me of the whole hour.

Anidav.

Leave Queensland.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

quote:

Ian Macdonald: asylum-seeker law changes aimed at avoiding high court
Australia ‘doesn’t want to be beholden to the high court who will pick every comma in the wrong place to allow someone in’, says Liberal senator

Paul Farrell
theguardian.com, Friday 14 November 2014 15.03 AEST

The Liberal senator Ian Macdonald has said Australia was introducing sweeping changes to asylum-seeker processing laws because it did not want to be beholden to the high court.

The comment was made in the course of a Senate inquiry on Friday into the migration and maritime powers amendment, which would make significant changes to the assessment process for asylum seekers to “fast-track” decision making, and would also reintroduce temporary protection visas.

Leading lawyers and human rights experts had earlier warned the changes were likely to cause major delays in courts and increase the risk that legitimate refugees would be returned to their countries of origin.

Macdonald’s admission was made in an exchange with the Migration Institute of Australia member Nicholas Tebbey.

Macdonald asked Tebbey why the government was introducing the legislation. Tebbey said: “Australia doesn’t want to feel like it is beholden to a 1951 convention any longer.”

Macdonald interjected, and told the inquiry: “No, it doesn’t want to be beholden to the high court who will pick every comma in the wrong place to allow someone in.”

“That’s the purpose of it. If what we deal with are refugees who we used to deal with through UNHCR in an ordered way, none of this will be important.”

Legal experts said the bill headed off a number of recent and upcoming high court decisions, including the looming decision regarding the detention of 157 asylum seekers at sea in July.

When the bill was first introduced, Morrison denied it was aimed at targeting adverse decisions from the courts when questioned about the case of the 157 asylum seekers.

“That is a pretty speculative question. We are simply seeking to further strengthen the existing powers that we have,” he said.

Dr Michelle Foster, the director of the international refugee law research programme at Melbourne University, told the committee the new legislation would substantially limit the way the courts could consider treaties that Australia had signed, including the refugee convention.

“Where a piece of legislation references an international treaty … then the courts will give consideration to that international treaty,” she said.

“Once you remove all the references to the refugee convention …the hope is that they won’t refer to international jurisprudence or to the jurisprudence of our own court.”

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

quote:

Abbott begins by noting that those assembled are some of the most powerful and influential people in the world.

"This people around this room today are responsible for 85 per cent of the world's GDP, 75 per cent of trade ..."

He then talks of the difficulty of putting "good economics into practice, given the political constraints we all have".

He implores the leaders to speak "candidly" and "openly".

And that they all use first names.

"I think it helps if there can at least be personal warmth amongst us."

The PM adds that even though he would like people to stick to the politics of economic reform, "in the end ... this is your retreat, it is open to any of you to raise any subject that you wish".

quote:

Abbott then talks extensively of the Coalition's election promises, including stopping the boats and getting the budget under control.

He also speaks of the $7 GP co-payment and plans to deregulate university fees.

A Chinese journalist watching can't believe it.

"I don't understand ... this is domestic policy!" (AKA, who cares?)

As the camera pans around the room, almost all the leaders have their headphones on.

Funny. Not all would need the translation.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Obama used his moment in front of the world's leaders to speak of the importance of equal rights for homosexuals, gender equality, cooperation on combating diseases like Ebola and tackling climate change.

Abbott used his moment in front of the world's leaders to complain that Australians don't want to pay $7 to see the doctor.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Tony doing that loving elbow grip again

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Bonus burnt Brandis:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

quote:

Thank you, everyone. It’s a real honour to have so many of you here in the beautiful city of Brisbane for this first ever G20 leaders’ retreat.

I’m very conscious of the fact that the people around this room are some of the most influential and powerful people in this world – indeed the most powerful and influential people in this world.

The people around this room today are responsible for 85 per cent of the world’s Gross Domestic Product, 75 per cent of the world’s trade, 65 per cent of the world’s population. Nowhere on earth will there be a more influential gathering than this, and yet, as we all know, our power and our authority is circumscribed.

We are meeting in the Legislative Council chamber of the Queensland State Parliament and back in the 1920s, the Queensland Government abolished the Legislative Council because it was too much of a restriction on the power of the then Premier, who was in the Legislative Assembly. So, this room symbolises the limitations on our power.

We have heavy responsibilities – all of us. The world is looking to all of us right now to try to demonstrate to an uncertain and at times anxious world that there are people who know what they’re doing, that there are people who have a plan; a plan for growth and for jobs. That's our challenge: to leave this G20 meeting in 48 hours' time having instilled more confidence in the people of the world that there is a better and brighter future for all of us.

But the limitations of our authority, the clash of policy and politics, the difficulty of trying to put good economics into practice given the political constraints that we all have, that's what I would like us to be able to discuss very candidly over the next hour and a half, hour and three quarters.

We all know what we would like to do, but we all know that there are many constraints on what we can do. What I hope in the next hour and three quarters we can do, is speak candidly and openly amongst ourselves.

We may not always be able to agree, but I hope we can at least be open with each other over this time.

Obviously, I would like this discussion to focus on the politics of economic reform. That's what I would like the discussion to do – to focus on the politics of economic reform. In the end, though, this is your retreat; it is open to any of you to raise any subject that you wish. The only rules, as far as I'm concerned, are if we can speak from our heart rather than from a script, that would be good. If we could be reasonably concise – five minutes, please, at the most – that would be good and if we could use first names that would be good as well, because whatever disagreements we might have, I think it helps if there can at least be personal warmth amongst us.

If I could kick off very briefly by saying that when I was elected – my Government was elected – 14 months ago, I made four promises to the Australian people. First, that I would repeal the carbon tax, and that's gone. Second, that I would stop the illegal boats that were coming to our country, and they have, thank God, stopped. Third, that we would start building roads in particular which had been long neglected in this country. Fourth, I said I would get the Budget under control.

Now, I have to say that this has proven massively difficult – massively difficult – because it doesn't matter what spending programme you look at, it doesn't matter how wasteful that spending programme might appear, there are always some people in the community who vote, who love that programme very much. So, getting the Budget under control has proven extremely difficult. If I could speak candidly with you, what I have tried to do is not only get the Budget back under control, but also try to bring about important economic reforms, important liberalisations at the same time.

Two issues in particular that I lay before my colleague leaders: we have tried to deregulate higher education, universities, and that's going to mean less central government spending and effectively more fees that students will have to pay. We think that this will free up our universities to be more competitive amongst themselves and more competitive internationally but students never like to pay more.

The other reform that has proven very, very difficult for us is to try to inject more price signals into our health system. For a long time most Australians who went to see a doctor have been seen at no charge and we would like to see a $7 co-payment for people who are going to see the doctor. In most countries this is not unusual. In most countries, this is standard that the doctor can charge a fee, but it is proving to be massively difficult to get this particular reform through the Parliament.

I don't have any magic answers to the problems that we face. I think that all we can do is explain the reasons as carefully as we can and to persist for as long as we can with these reforms. But the more gatherings like this can affirm the importance of good policy. The more gatherings like this can affirm the importance of governments not overpromising things that are unaffordable and undeliverable, then I think the easier it is for all of us to deliver good policy to the people of our countries.

So, that I hope is what we can do over the next hour and three quarters or so: have a very candid and very honest discussion about where we think our countries can and should go, both individually and collectively over the next few years.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

quote:

Mr Hockey defended the Government's decision to exclude the issue from the official agenda. He said that while the topic would be discussed the focus was on economic growth because countries could not afford to deal with global warming if they were in recession.

Asked if climate change was an impediment to growth, Mr Hockey rejected the charge.

"No. No, I don't, absolutely not, I mean you just look at China, China is going to increase emissions until 2030," he told the ABC.

:psyduck:

Sorry to hear about your problems Tink. I'm struggling with scraping funds together to see my psych who insists on charging $200 a visit before seeing me then her receptionist pushes a button and in a few days I get the Medicare refund which is over half of it back. Why can't she just charge the gap when the government delivers the funds that quickly I'll never know. Best part is she charges a $100 fee if you cancel on her. I'm fortunate to have family support with this, I can't imagine how difficult it is for pensioners or people on a fixed income :(

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
:siren:SPLITS:siren:

quote:

Jacqui Lambie splits from Palmer United Party to vote against social services bill
By political reporter Nick Pedley
Updated 42 minutes agoMon 17 Nov 2014, 1:40pm

Palmer United Party (PUP) senator Jacqui Lambie has split from her party to vote against the Federal Government's revised social services bill.

Labor and a number of crossbenchers, including PUP senators Dio Wang and Glenn Lazarus, helped the Government pass the changes, which include cuts to family benefits.

The Coalition secured support after dumping a number of contentious proposals, such as increasing the pension age to 70.

Senator Lambie voted against the revised legislation due to the effect on Tasmanian families and in line with her threat to oppose all Government bills to protest over the pay deal for Defence personnel.

"I won't support this cruel legislation," Senator Lambie said.

"There is another reason why I chose to vote against this legislation, and that is on a protest and on a matter of conscience or principle.

"I will vote against all Government legislation until the men and women of our Army, Navy, RAAF receive a fair pay rise and their Christmas entitlement leave back."

More to follow.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Phone posting:

quote:

Staff at Centrelink, Medicare and the Child Support Agency have voted in favour of taking industrial action in response to stalled enterprise bargaining negotiations with the Federal Government.

The decision by workers at the Department of Human Services (DHS) could mean welfare or health payments are disrupted before Christmas.

The union which represents public servants, the Community and Public Sector Union (CPSU), held an online ballot asking workers about whether they wanted to take part in industrial action on public sector pay and conditions.

According to the CPSU, close to 80 per cent of the department's 15,000 staff took part in the ballot and 95 per cent voted in favour of industrial action.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

ewe2 posted:

Noice. Oh hey, when is a UN refugee not a refugee? When Scott Morrison says they arent!

Gough Suppressant posted:

Did someone say war against indigenous people?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

quote:

Indigenous child mortality improving, but self-harm, suicide and detention rates soar
Report card finds patchy progress at best on narrowing the gap with non-Indigenous Australians

Helen Davidson
theguardian.com, Wednesday 19 November 2014 07.22 AEST

The child mortality rate among Indigenous Australians has significantly improved, more than halving for infants under the age of one, but efforts to improve mental health and reduce instances of suicide and incarceration have gone backwards, a Productivity Commission report has revealed.

The Overcoming Indigenous Disadvantage (OID) report, released on Wednesday, examines the nationally set indicators of the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. It is the sixth report in a series, and the first in three years.

It found there was a significant decline in child mortality between 1998 and 2012 from 217 to 146 deaths per 100,000. The mortality rates for infants more than halved over the same time.

The life expectancy gap between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians narrowed from 11.4 years to 10.6 years for males and from 9.6 years to 9.5 years for females between 2005-07 and 2010-12.

While several outcomes had improved, those for incarceration and juvenile detention, suicide and self-harm, mental health and access to basic services such as clean water, functioning sewerage and electricity, have gone backwards.

Admissions to hospital for intentional self-harm increased by an alarming 48% between 2004-05 and 2012-13, and the proportion of adults reporting high or very high psychological distress rose from 27% to 30% over the same period. The suicide rate among Indigenous people between 2008 and 2012 was almost double that of the non-Indigenous population.

Calls have mounted for immediate and more effective action against a rising epidemic of suicide, particularly in remote areas and among younger and younger children.

Between 2000 and 2013 the adult Indigenous imprisonment rate increased by 57%, widening the gap as the non-Indigenous rate did not show significant change, and the rate of juvenile detention sits at about 24 times that of non-Indigenous youth.

“Imprisonment has a heavy social and economic impact,” the report said.

“High rates of imprisonment remove adults from their roles caring for the next generation, and can lead to the ‘normalisation’ of incarceration among community members.”

The Abbott government has been strongly criticised for its sweeping cuts to legal aid and other justice services since coming to power. Despite promises that no front line services would be affected, several organisations have cut staff or closed their doors.

The North Australian Aboriginal Justice Agency is closing its Nhulunbuy office due to funding cuts, despite an increasing caseload.

Many of the outcomes identified in the OID report are compounded by the difficulties of remote living. Indigenous Australians were 11 times more likely to be living in remote or very remote areas than non-Indigenous.

Problems such as overcrowding increased in proportion to remoteness, and rates of year 12 attainment decreased.

Five of the 12 Council of Australian Government (Coag) targets and headline indicators have shown positive progress. As well as life expectancy and child mortality, household and individual income, year 12 attainment and post-secondary education improved.

“The proportion of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander 20–24 year olds completing year 12 or equivalent or above increased from 45% in 2008 to 59% in 2012-13,” the report said.

“For non-Indigenous Australians, the proportion remained between 86% and 88%.”

There was no significant change in literacy and numeracy, disability and chronic disease, or family and community violence.

The OID report is the most comprehensive of its kind, and is designed to inform government policy.

The report also looked at specific programs and social or strategic factors which were having a positive impact, such as “effective governance and leadership and recognition of culture”.

“[These] play essential parts in the social and economic development of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians,” it said.

It recommended governments examine data which suggested that addressing a single issue with a whole-of-government approach could have positive effect on a number of other problems.

“Sometimes a single, well-targeted action can influence a range of outcomes. These interactions emphasise the need for a whole-of-government approach to assessing the costs and benefits of such actions,” it said.

Housing was typically regarded as a state or territory responsibility, but reducing overcrowding could affect a number of the Coag targets, including literacy and numeracy levels, family and community violence, and disability, it said.

“Although other influences are also important in each of these areas, there is sufficient evidence for education, health and justice departments to be concerned about housing issues.”

The report called for greater value to be placed on Indigenous culture, and better engagement and participation from Indigenous people with services and decision-making.

The recommendation is in line with calls from elders and grassroots organisations for Indigenous suicide prevention to focus on a reconnection with culture and for strategies to include Indigenous people and groups.

Bold the whole thing, etc.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
this is serious muyb

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Obeid's being prosecuted too.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Turns out these people on First Contact aren't all irredeemable shitlords.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

You Am I posted:

Holy poo poo the ears on Saurman

That's Sauron.

I know, I know, trap sprung etc

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
"I am an indigenous Australian, like millions of other people here, black or white. Take note, Tony Abbott. Think again, you new dividers, before we are on the path to apartheid with your change to our Constitution.

I was born here, I live here and I call no other country home. I am therefore indigenous to this land and have as much right as anyone to it."

- Andrew 'Freedom' Bolt

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

ewe2 posted:

No, duck, with a d.

You have to grip it, between the thumb and the forefinger.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Briefly interrupting IWC chat to remind people John de Lancie owns.

That is all.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
RIP Verdana

Oh wait, D&D appears unaffected, nvm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Amazing.

HookShot posted:

I've never seen that one.

I've actually seen an embarassingly low amount of Monty Python stuff.

Oh bloody hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

• Locked thread