Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bolow posted:

Everyone running for Governor is a tremendous loving cocksucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Vriess posted:

I live in Florida.

It's literally Republican vs. Republican

Me too :negative:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I live in AZ, our democrats are just republicans who don't care about building a wall. I kinda like em

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i did the lazy man way of voting: mail in ballot. felt real good to vote against my district rep that introduced the mag ban bill last year. take may guns will you bahgawd!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I forgot that I live in a state that actually allows firearms now.

Meh.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Vriess posted:

I live in Florida.

Say what you will about Charlie Crist, at least he isn't Voldemort.

Wondering how the law will look for amendment 2. Will the VA pay for my medical marijuana?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I don't think you can be worse than Rick Scott.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bolow posted:

I don't think you can be worse than Rick Scott.

Worse than Jeb Bush?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I'd rather have Rick Perry as a Governor than Scott

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bolow posted:

I'd rather have Rick Perry as a Governor than Scott

drat. Scott's worse than pure incompetent evil?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Vriess posted:

I live in Florida.

The only black female republican in the state is about to be elected to congress on a platform of slashing all social programs, infrastructure maintenance, education spending, farm subsidies, FAFSA, and abolishing the dept of education. It'll probably be a landslide.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Godholio posted:

The only black female republican in the state is about to be elected to congress on a platform of slashing all social programs, infrastructure maintenance, education spending, farm subsidies, FAFSA, and abolishing the dept of education. It'll probably be a landslide.

As it should be. Pretty solid platform.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Godholio posted:

Oh good.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Worse than Jeb Bush?

Yes. Rick Scott has systematically funneled money from state coffers into his and his buddies pockets, slashed important programs, refused expanded medicare under the PPACA, and other general right wing douchebaggery. He even got an amendment onto the bill that will allow him to appoint judges that the next governor is supposed to in order to ensure that conservative judges are on the bench.

Charlie Crist may be a flip flopping motherfucker, but he's a sexual deviant and not Rick Scott which makes him ok in my book. Plus he knows where his bread is buttered and is full on D now.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Voted yes on weed no on incumbents and I dunno what else. Even though Crist is literally a republican who jumped sides for political reasons but he isn't Rick motherfucking scott

Yeah that amendment on judges was very confusingly worded so I voted no just because gently caress that.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vasudus posted:

I voted for not Malloy for the governor of CT.

I don't actually know who I voted for nor do I live there anymore I just wanted him to lose.

its cool, malloy and foley are p.much equal shitbags so it doesnt really matter at all

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Do y'all not remember Crist when he was in office? Remember this is the same dude who failed as a republican, switched to independent, failed at that and switched to Democrat.

I voted for that libertarian dude. Not because I like the party. That entire party is hot garbage on every level. I voted libertarian because they won't win. Which means regardless of who gets elected I can bitch about the voters electing *insert rear end in a top hat here*.

But I did vote yes on amendment two because :420:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Amendment 3 is specifically a sneaky way by Scott to make sure he gets to appoint two extra judges that are retiring at the end of the year. As it is now, there will be a gap until the new governor takes the office a few weeks later. This hasn't ever been an issue before and is quiet simply just a way to get two more Rs on the bench.

And I don't give a gently caress if Crist is horrible. He's not Rick Scott and voting for anyone else is throwing away your vote.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Wait weed gonna be legal in Florida? I'm moving back to Destin.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Baby boomers still making our votes null and void or did they die yet

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Obama Africanus posted:

Wait weed gonna be legal in Florida? I'm moving back to Destin.

Might be. Polls have been all over the place.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Just medical weed, but we all have some variant of chronic ball pain so qualifying shouldn't be an issue.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

Might be. Polls have been all over the place.

No way it happens.

Florida legalizes weed and its the richest most powerful state in the union within 72 months.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

MancXVI posted:

Just medical weed, but we all have some variant of chronic ball pain so qualifying shouldn't be an issue.

But I mean can't anyone get it really? Like the docs just hand it out for anything because they get a cut right? "Insomnia, lower back pain, anxiety" etc

At least that's how CA works

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Like CA style medi weed or New Jersey style medi weed?

Bc they go the Cali route and holy loving poo poo I own 25 acres of land in lake county I will be a farmer by next month if this is legit... Goddamn I need to watch the news more.

Got a good summary link? I refuse to read pot advocacy websites to find dank nugs of info.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Voted, hope Corbett loses in a landslide

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Vasudus posted:

I voted for not Malloy for the governor of CT.

I don't actually know who I voted for nor do I live there anymore I just wanted him to lose.

Foley.

Who I'm sure will be a shittastic governor, but there are a few appellate and supreme court judges who will probably croak in the next 4 years...and replacing them with Malloy picks will have a much longer impact than 4 years of Foley. So "Not Malloy" it is.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Obama Africanus posted:

Bc they go the Cali route and holy loving poo poo I own 25 acres of land in lake county I will be a farmer by next month if this is legit... Goddamn I need to watch the news more.

Got a good summary link? I refuse to read pot advocacy websites to find dank nugs of info.

Here's the text of the amendment: http://ballotpedia.org/Florida_Amendment_2_(2014),_Full_Text_of_Constitutional_Changes

(I'm not sure how cali style or jersey style work)

Couple highlights:

quote:

(1) “Debilitating Medical Condition” means cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Crohn's disease, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis or other conditions for which a physician believes that the medical use of marijuana would likely outweigh the potential health risks for a patient.

quote:

(3) Actions and conduct by a medical marijuana treatment center registered with the Department, or its employees, as permitted by this section and in compliance with Department regulations, shall not be subject to criminal or civil liability or sanctions under Florida law except as provided in this section.

(5) “Medical Marijuana Treatment Center” means an entity that acquires, cultivates, possesses, processes (including development of related products such as food, tinctures, aerosols, oils, or ointments), transfers, transports, sells, distributes, dispenses, or administers marijuana, products containing marijuana, related supplies, or educational materials to qualifying patients or their personal caregivers and is registered by the Department.

So, Shim, if you were to register w/ the state and start a huge "Medical Marijuana Treatment Center" grow op in Lake County, you'd be protected from Florida law. Federal is another thing entirely.

MancXVI fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 4, 2014

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Obama Africanus posted:

There's no regulation yet so we don't know exactly which state it will be modeled after. Basically the amendment legalizes it for doctors to prescribe and tells the various agencies that they have to make regulations for growers, dispensaries, and caregivers in a reasonable fashion. This means there won't be any actual rules in place until early next year most likely.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Shim can I be your crazy AR15 wielding pot guard?

Godholio fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 4, 2014

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Godholio posted:

Shim can I be your crazy AR15 wielding pot guard?

Will shoot hogs for minimum wage + ammo. I mean actual hogs, not cops or black people.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ActusRhesus posted:

Foley.

Who I'm sure will be a shittastic governor, but there are a few appellate and supreme court judges who will probably croak in the next 4 years...and replacing them with Malloy picks will have a much longer impact than 4 years of Foley. So "Not Malloy" it is.

Are you in CT too, because we have a weird amount of them here

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Just in case you fuckheads can't loving remember where the gently caress to loving vote, loving go the gently caress here to find Your loving Polling Place, you loving fucks. And loving get on it, time's running the gently caress out.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Lol if you vote.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

zombie303 posted:

Lol if you vote.
lol if you don't vote and then bitch about abso-loving-lutely anything related to your government or its agencies.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I was kidding. But I actually didn't vote this time since I am moving in 2 months and the votes should reflect what the people of Colorado want.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Yeah I'm gonna loving laugh at you if you don't vote and then bitch about anything government related. Takes ten loving minutes to loving vote so get out there and loving vote you loving fucks.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Yeah I'm gonna loving laugh at you if you don't vote and then bitch about anything government related. Takes ten loving minutes to loving vote so get out there and loving vote you loving fucks.

dont blame me i voted for romney

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Just in case you fuckheads can't loving remember where the gently caress to loving vote, loving go the gently caress here to find Your loving Polling Place, you loving fucks. And loving get on it, time's running the gently caress out.

The best thing about democracy is that you don't have to do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
just voted against the anti-gun legislation in Washington right after a school shooting, come at me Washington D&Ders.

• Locked thread