Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

If you mix equal parts of gasoline and frozen orange juice concentrate, you can make something useless that isn't napalm.

i'm sure if they said gasoline and styrofoam a lot of kids would of killed themselves after watching that movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Icon Of Sin posted:

If you fill a water gun with lighter fluid you're well on your way to a flamethrower. Not entirely sure why that didn't explode in my hands, but that thing was loving cool the one time I was dumb enough to shoot it :haw:

I did this with a Super Soaker as a kid. The pressure system kept it from being balls out dangerous, but if you spilled any gasoline filling it up, you were going to lose a lot of arm hair. Also, the gasoline destroyed all seals and tubing pretty fast, though

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

SPACE HOMOS posted:

i'm sure if they said gasoline and styrofoam a lot of kids would of killed themselves after watching that movie.

Chuck wrote it that way in the book for exactly that purpose.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Booblord Zagats posted:

I did this with a Super Soaker as a kid. The pressure system kept it from being balls out dangerous, but if you spilled any gasoline filling it up, you were going to lose a lot of arm hair. Also, the gasoline destroyed all seals and tubing pretty fast, though

BMW windshield washer fluid is flammable for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yFUtJhUb7Q

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Turns out if you are grilling corn in the husk the HUSKS CAN CATCH FIRE THIS IS AWESOME

Also best tasting corn I've ever had.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Turns out if you are grilling corn in the husk the HUSKS CAN CATCH FIRE THIS IS AWESOME

Also best tasting corn I've ever had.

I soak mine in some water with a bit of sugar and salt in it for an hour or two beforehand so they don't burst into flames. Less Awesome still tasty

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Bolow posted:

I soak mine in some water with a bit of sugar and salt in it for an hour or two beforehand so they don't burst into flames. Less Awesome still tasty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD6qtc2_AQA

I've taken an approach to cooking where I just try to figure poo poo out on my own which is really fun and surprisingly tasty.

We just made some "refried" beans where we just did the dry beans in a crock pot, when they were done added some spices and stuff that sounded tasty, and mashed em to hell. Tastes real good.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Fart Sandwiches posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD6qtc2_AQA

I've taken an approach to cooking where I just try to figure poo poo out on my own which is really fun and surprisingly tasty.

We just made some "refried" beans where we just did the dry beans in a crock pot, when they were done added some spices and stuff that sounded tasty, and mashed em to hell. Tastes real good.

I pretty much do the same thing. I had a salmon fillet but didn't know what the gently caress to do with it and everyone I know usually tosses that poo poo in the oven and I wasn't feeling that. So I just put some olive oil, salt, pepper a bit a cajun seasoning and tossed it into a pan with some butter with the scales still on and charred the gently caress out of the scale side for a few minutes. Flipped it over for like a minute and put some lemon on it and that poo poo came out flawless.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Slim Pickens posted:

BMW windshield washer fluid is flammable for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yFUtJhUb7Q

Probably got methanol in it. Lots of wiper fluids do.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Bolow posted:

I pretty much do the same thing. I had a salmon fillet but didn't know what the gently caress to do with it and everyone I know usually tosses that poo poo in the oven and I wasn't feeling that. So I just put some olive oil, salt, pepper a bit a cajun seasoning and tossed it into a pan with some butter with the scales still on and charred the gently caress out of the scale side for a few minutes. Flipped it over for like a minute and put some lemon on it and that poo poo came out flawless.

that's pretty much what you're supposed to do. The oven is for bigger pieces but otherwise use a skillet and treat it like a good piece of steak that cooks faster

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
if you don't break down and brine your turkey, you ain't doin it right

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z497ADm1xhE

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Both times I've fried a turkey it was genuinely loving terrifying but then again I feel like giving over a gallon of boiling oil a healthy amount of respect is paramount to continue this miserable existence I call a life.

Still loving delicious though

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Most of those look like they were on purpose.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Godholio posted:

Most of those look like they were on purpose.

Probably a good thing that firefighters are doing demos to show people that it's dangerous to gently caress up turkey frying.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
If you haven't tried spatchcocking your turkey, you haven't lived.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

krispykremessuck posted:

Yeah this is pretty much the best.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

If you haven't tried spatchcocking your turkey, you haven't lived.

Nothing more needs to be said. Its gods way of cooking a turkey you loving turkey frying heathens.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

krispykremessuck posted:

#truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Hail Satan! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3685073

• Locked thread