Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

holocaust bloopers posted:

The USAF overpaid me by 12.6K on separation pay. When I got the bill my heart nearly stopped.

hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

DFAS can eat a dick

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Dude it was mortifying. I had a feeling that they overpaid me so hardly any of the money was spent.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

The USAF overpaid me by 12.6K on separation pay. When I got the bill my heart nearly stopped.
Wow. There oughta be law.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Dude it was mortifying. I had a feeling that they overpaid me so hardly any of the money was spent.

Hey, you should have claimed extra PTSD as a result, jack up your rating 20 or 30 percent.

Zeris fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Nov 3, 2014

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Slim Pickens posted:

Home Depot has US veteran spots, too

I've never seen one of these.

Then again here in Cali you have to pay $ for a vet plate so there is really no way to tell unless someone forks out the money.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Admiral Bosch posted:

I just got a letter from Marine Corps Disbursing today. It's been close to a year since I got out. Apparently they overpaid me by 54 dollars, and they want it back. :bang: god dammit
Send it in pennies

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

shyduck posted:

Send it in pennies

That's over 30 lbs in pennies.

So ya, do this.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
^^ Already had that thought. Seriously considering it. I'm gonna be in the area tomorrow anyway so I'm going to my old HTC to talk to the admin shop.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Admiral Bosch posted:

^^ Already had that thought. Seriously considering it. I'm gonna be in the area tomorrow anyway so I'm going to my old HTC to talk to the admin shop.

Call ahead to the bank branch ahead of time they might not have that much rolled on hand.

Or if they have a coin collection machine, ask them for a fed standard bag of loose pennies.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

Admiral Bosch posted:

I just got a letter from Marine Corps Disbursing today. It's been close to a year since I got out. Apparently they overpaid me by 54 dollars, and they want it back. :bang: god dammit

I got a bill in the mail from AAFES for 2 cents the last time I got out because they hosed up something with my gas ration card.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Flikken posted:

Call ahead to the bank branch ahead of time they might not have that much rolled on hand.

Or if they have a coin collection machine, ask them for a fed standard bag of loose pennies.

be a dick and do it in nickels instead. nobody expects a nickel payment.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
tcc anthem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjgcku27xIk

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

(Nov 11 is Remembrance Day in Canada)

Are vets triggered by Christmas poo poo? I guess if you served in the North Pole during the Elf Wars. :shrug:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I was forced to attend a unit holiday party once :negative:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Mad Dragon posted:

Are vets triggered by Christmas poo poo? I guess if you served in the North Pole during the Elf Wars. :shrug:

I don't want to see christmas poo poo till well AFTER thanksgiving

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

ded posted:

I don't want to see christmas poo poo till well AFTER thanksgiving

the days im ok with seeing xmas trash are as follows:

xmas eve
xmas day

gently caress santa

hail satan

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
some guy in hong kong acted on his american psycho fantasies

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Flikken posted:

They should have it (unless it's a podunk branch) but I'd give them a few days notice. Most branches that have decent customer flow will get a delivery at least 2 or 3 times a week, and that's not a large amount at all.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Free poo poo on Vets Day chat- I never do that poo poo, but two years ago I was out with a group of friends who wanted to go to Applebee's, and since I had an eyepatch do to an temporary injury and couldn't drive, I had no choice. The chick who I was with told the hostess we had a Vet in our group to get seated faster.
I have never seen someone try so hard not to stare, as that waitress was trying not to stare at my eyepatch. After a few awkward minutes, I blurted out, "I didn't lose my eye in the war! I just got a piece of metal in it while working on my car!" The waitress yelled, "Oh thank god!" And started laughing. She then brought me free drinks because she felt bad. It was a good time.

But never go out for free poo poo on Vets Day.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Mad Dragon posted:

Its Deja loving Vu..

DIdn't we have this exact post a couple years ago and it caused such a poo poo storm the thread got gassed?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Maybe save the Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving you tacky assholes.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My aunt put her tree up on saturday after taking down her halloween poo poo.

Thank gently caress she's two states away.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Godholio posted:

They should have it (unless it's a podunk branch) but I'd give them a few days notice. Most branches that have decent customer flow will get a delivery at least 2 or 3 times a week, and that's not a large amount at all.

Still would be a good idea to call ahead as a courtesy.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Flikken posted:

Still would be a good idea to call ahead as a courtesy.

yea i rolled into a local branch last week and pulled 9k cash from my checking account, cleaned em out of large bills they had to give me the rest in huge 20 dollar bill stacks

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
who needs physical cash in the year of our lord 2014 that doesn't involve food trucks or buying drugs

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Vasudus posted:

who needs physical cash in the year of our lord 2014 that doesn't involve food trucks or buying drugs

Prostitutes probably still operate on cash only.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I want to strangle every person who digs through their change purse at the checkout to get only bills back. Use plastic you loving neanderthal.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
gently caress you. I pay cash wherever I goddamn please. I just dump the change in my center compartment and clean it out when it gets to be annoying. Straight to coinstar and a goddamn store gift card (no fees) to buy beer, gas and Frank treats.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You're holding up the line buying a quarter gallon of milk with pennies old man.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
I'm filling out this VR&E paperwork today.. Kinda hoping the VA will pay to train me in some IT / Security certs and I can go get a big boy career going.

Hope this poo poo works. Buddy gave me his local VR&E counselers card directly, but thinks going through big VA to get to the local VA will be the path to least frustration.

Anyone have any luck using VR&E to get a no poo poo degree/certs and legit help finding employment and internships and poo poo?

I know we got a thread for this but I don't trust myself to not say something racist in a real resource thread.

Nig nog.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Vasudus posted:

cash is a real good motivator for someone doing a private sale on a car to lower their asking price

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

yea i rolled into a local branch last week and pulled 9k cash from my checking account, cleaned em out of large bills they had to give me the rest in huge 20 dollar bill stacks

Ya Branches don't normally keep huge amounts of extra stuff on hand. Most banks I just drop off one or two boxes of coin a week. They are normally pretty good about knowing how much they need from week to week.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

gently caress you. I pay cash wherever I goddamn please. I just dump the change in my center compartment and clean it out when it gets to be annoying. Straight to coinstar and a goddamn store gift card (no fees) to buy beer, gas and Frank treats.

Use plastic everywhere and skip every stage but the last one.

You would be amazed at how many credit card points you can rack up in a year, which you can then spend on cool things. I got roughly 500 dollars in cash back last year.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, just not much a plastic guy if I can avoid it. Good old-fashioned paranoia.

And I am not that rear end in a top hat holding up the line, I'm the rear end in a top hat that's making sure the cashier can count my change out to me because I use bills, mothafucka.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Genocide Tendency posted:

DIdn't we have this exact post a couple years ago and it caused such a poo poo storm the thread got gassed?
check your long term memory privilege

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Not a terribly big fan of having my identity stolen so I try to use cash when I can. Stopped by target during the weeks their databases got butt hosed, didn't sweat it a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Some stage 1 doomsday preppers itt

• Locked thread