Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Admiral Bosch posted:

I just got a letter from Marine Corps Disbursing today. It's been close to a year since I got out. Apparently they overpaid me by 54 dollars, and they want it back. :bang: god dammit

The USAF overpaid me by 12.6K on separation pay. When I got the bill my heart nearly stopped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Dude it was mortifying. I had a feeling that they overpaid me so hardly any of the money was spent.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Vasudus posted:

who needs physical cash in the year of our lord 2014 that doesn't involve food trucks or buying drugs

Prostitutes probably still operate on cash only.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Godholio posted:

The only black female republican in the state is about to be elected to congress on a platform of slashing all social programs, infrastructure maintenance, education spending, farm subsidies, FAFSA, and abolishing the dept of education. It'll probably be a landslide.

Oh good.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I wish.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

ManOfTheYear posted:

How many of you vets got somehow injured in your service? Either by regular wear and tear or by accidents or during employment. Also how bad is it?

Crummy lower back, shoulder problems, a sweetheart case of tinnitus, stress fractures. It's pretty sexy being 30 and grimacing when getting out of a chair.

I've swallowed enough de-icing fluid that's most likely unhealthy.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Finland is cool. Y'all make some good rally drivers.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Delizin posted:

I'm late to the how bad did the military gently caress you up chat, but anyway here is the profile they gave me for like the last 2 years of service. Got my nervous system all hosed to poo poo. So pretty much did what ever I wanted and no one gave me a hard time about it since I still showed up for work and did my job to some extent.

This is an achievement.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Interstellar is goddamn incredible.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Can't wait to see it this weekend

See it on proper IMAX if able.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Dean Koontz' School of Narrative Excellence bags another!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'd shoot a poignant short film as a response.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Vasudus posted:

it was a good movie

Understatement.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'll have you know that Vasudus runs a very progressive, extremely popular Tumblr.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Happy birthday to all of you veteran devil ducks!! :3:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
gently caress I want that bad.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Thank you, vets!!!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
those are some good rear end vettes

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I've gotten thanked three times today. Hardly enough imo.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Skipped class to eat pizza and play Halo.

YOUR WELCOME, AMERICA

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Interstellar blew my goddamn mind. poo poo was real good

Yea it is.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
If any of you guys can take a remote sensing course in school, do it. A word of advice though: find a copy of ArcGIS to use on a decent computer. That program can be a real goddamn pig at times on lovely hardware.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Zeris posted:

I never got over the ArcJizz jokes in army intel school

I either call it ArcGISS or ArcG.I.S.

Speaking of, I flew with a crusty rear end Lt Col who would call MGRS MIGGERS.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

registered last night for spring classes. three UD courses and a spanish class. and a field trip in the spring.

no arcgis classes this spring :(

ArcGis is cool. Have you used it before?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

nope. well, I downloaded a student copy a few years back and toyed with it, but not enough to get to know it intimately. and of course that edition is expired.

I have two GIS classes in the pipe, and once I knock out these loving language classes I'll be a permanent fixture in the earth sciences building until I graduate.

ArcGis is highly un-intuitive, picky, and when it does throw up an error, it's not exactly clear WHY there's an error. When you do get a handle on it, it's loving powerful and really cool to poke around in.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Vasudus posted:

ArcGIS is one thing I never really had much of a chance to learn and I kinda regret that.

There's more than a handful of jobs doing GIS work that pay really well if you have good experience, too.

Yea, it's a good skill. I'm 4 classes away from being certified in it

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Obama Africanus posted:

Where? And do you need a clearance? Because that's hard for me these days.

I was a loving instructor on ArcGIS in our unit, had no idea there were uncleared civilian jobs paying big bucks to use it.

I can also admin PFPS like a mofo and people claim that's instant pay dirt but I've yet to find the head Jew who hires jews like me with all these supposedly usable and high paying "skills." Memphis and St Louis and Indianapolis aren't small towns either.

I dunno. Then again people detect the crazy fast now that I take my meds. Medication side effects are a lot more obvious than the crazy.

Be mindful that for pure GIS work, having a programming background is a must. Finding jobs that use GIS as part of the work is what you want to be finding.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
St Vincent is a pretty great movie.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Oh man.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?rh=n%3A133140011%2Ck%3Abbw+shapeshifter&keywords=bbw+shapeshifter&ie=UTF8&qid=1416236645

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Spicy Guacamole posted:

You're into some weird poo poo, dog. :stare:

BBW Werebear Shapeshifter novels are in the top 100 Kindle books list. That's how I found it.

Probably a more enjoyable read than Pinchon AMIRITE?!?!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Zeris posted:

GIP Secret Santa thread: Guess who's getting The Alpha Bear Megabundle?

quote:

While on a camping trip in Ursa State Park with her soon-to-be-ex-boyfriend, beautiful, sexy, smart, curvy Lacey confronts a huge bear. Mike runs away, leaving Lacey to deal with the massive beast. Before her eyes, the humongous werebear becomes a beautiful man who is distinctly lacking in the clothes department--though he is distinctly well-endowed in a different department.

The two share a beautiful afternoon of bliss, and Lacey leaves the forest, not knowing if she will ever see him again. Yet, as time goes by, Lacey feels a pull from the forest.

Upon her return, a bright white werewolf forces himself upon her, but she is saved by her werebear, who brings her back to his home. All is not bliss, however, because although their passion for each other is strong, the wolves are always near, always trying to break them apart.

:pray:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Bolow posted:

So MOSI in Tampa is showing Interstellar 3 times a day on an IMAX dome :getin:

DO IT.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
What were the shoes that had the green goo in the sole? Those were my jam. LA Knights too. Match that up with a pro as gently caress Starter pull over and you were cool as gently caress.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

shyduck posted:

It's transgender remembrance week at my school :geno:

Was there a transgender war or something?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Tom Hardy is great. He nearly saved Dark Knight Rises.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

iyaayas01 posted:

Also in Sunshine, which may have some faults depending on your point of view but is entertaining and pretty well made, also his performance is very good.

Sunshine is 2/3 of a modern classic.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

justice4trayvawn posted:

I havent eaten at a golden corral in probably 20 years but isnt it like 9 dollars and all mediocre poo poo food?

Yes. Last time I had Golden Corral it was in Texas on a Sunday after a night of drinking about 9 years ago. Never again.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Is golden corral like cracker barrel

because ive never eaten at either of them, but when I was at flw the only thing to do there was super wal-mart and cracker barrel

No. Cracker Barrel is kind of respectable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Fudruckers and Red Robin are loving horrible.

• Locked thread