Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

It's like they don't understand past tense.

English mother fucker, do they speak it :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

maybe someday you weirdos will stop calling it drink driving too

But it's surely just a contraction of drink(ing) and driving. Seems to make sense to me.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
Drinking and driving is where you drive around in your car drinking. Also known as booze cruising. Drunk driving is when your already poo poo faced and decide to drive somewhere. Usually home or McDonald's

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

DrakeriderCa posted:

Wut

How are you remotely "drunk" from one drink? Are you like 120lbs?

I've drank two pints of beer in 30 minutes and blown almost zero on a roadside ASD at a checkstop right outside the bar.

I'm a big guy and I don't feel much from two drinks, so that's my limit. It definitely isn't impeding my ability to operate a vehicle by a noticeable or probably even measurable amount.

I didn't say I was drunk, I just error on the side of caution since I can't badge out of poo poo anymore, yo.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Grem posted:

I didn't say I was drunk, I just error on the side of caution since I can't badge out of poo poo anymore, yo.

I don't carry my badge unless I'm on duty so neither do I.

For me, two drink is the side of caution. Like I said, I've already blown on it and was cleared. No worries.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

DrakeriderCa posted:

I've already blown on it

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Branis posted:

Drinking and driving is where you drive around in your car drinking. Also known as booze cruising. Drunk driving is when your already poo poo faced and decide to drive somewhere. Usually home or McDonald's

No Booze Cruising is when you a return to France on the ferry and fill as much of your car as possible with tax reduced alcohol and ciggies.

also lol our government is terrible http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/5426fc12-6346-11e4-8a63-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3Ie77XVzT

quote:

George Osborne must cut deeper into the budgets of the army, police and courts as the annual savings needed to meet his austerity targets are set almost to double to £48bn, Financial Times analysis shows.

As Britain hits the midway mark of its decade of planned austerity, the findings suggest that far from the cuts becoming lighter after 2015 – as the chancellor and prime minister David Cameron have suggested – they are poised to become much harsher for departments outside the protected areas of health, schools and overseas aid.

The findings will come as a blow to the Conservative party which, only six months away from a general election, is seeking to attract voters with talk of more tax cuts.

Many experts, including the International Monetary Fund, say taxes will have to rise in the next parliament or more money will have to be borrowed to prevent a serious hit on many public services.

Mr Cameron wrote last month that most of the cuts in the austerity programme had been achieved, with only £25bn a year still to be removed from budgets.

But the FT’s analysis has found that less than half the reductions have been made. The analysis is based on the Office for Budget Responsibility’s Budget figures from March, which outline the government’s spending plans until 2018-19.

If the next government continues to ringfence health, schools and overseas aid, the non-protected departments face real cuts of 33 per cent, compared with the 21 per cent cuts they faced between 2009-10 and 2014-15.

I look forward to 2020 when the police consists of Weird Brian and his dog, whilst the army will be transformed into a battalion of angry tramps hopped up on special brew*.

*also known as the Royal Irish Regiment

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
Didn't you guys also get rid of your aircraft carriers with none planned for like another decade?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

chartley posted:

But it's surely just a contraction of drink(ing) and driving. Seems to make sense to me.

Do you guys north of the border differentiate between driving whilst having drunk too much and drunk and/or drug driving? Lowering the drink drive limit is a good idea, I'm a fairly large guy and after a single pint of export larger I know my reaction times are slower but I wouldn't be over the limit.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Branis posted:

Didn't you guys also get rid of your aircraft carriers with none planned for like another decade?

They have one back now, but no aircraft to operate off of it.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Do you guys north of the border differentiate between driving whilst having drunk too much and drunk and/or drug driving? Lowering the drink drive limit is a good idea, I'm a fairly large guy and after a single pint of export larger I know my reaction times are slower but I wouldn't be over the limit.

Our legislation for drink driving and being impaired by drugs is the same as you guys. This change to the limit is the first divergence.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Car Chasing the Dragon is what we called it when we'd drive around & shoot up heroin.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
I think that's called trainspotting in scotland.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

beanieson posted:

Car Chasing the Dragon is what we called it when we'd drive around & shoot up heroin.

Pretty sure chasing the dragon is where you inhale the fumes from heroin being heated on foil, which I can tell you is particularly difficult if you're driving, especially in a manual. Personally mainlining just before you get behind the wheel is the optimum method of consuming opiates prior to a long drive.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Branis posted:

I think that's called trainspotting in scotland.

Train spotting is my working life.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
Who drives manuals anymore though? I never have learned to drive stick and the only manual anything i've ever had to drive is a motorcycle.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

Who drives manuals anymore though? I never have learned to drive stick and the only manual anything i've ever had to drive is a motorcycle.

all this time I never knew you were a woman, weird.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Branis posted:

Anyone who has roads with corners in their country.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Branis posted:

i do because stick shift owns

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Branis posted:

I don't know how to drive an automatic FWIW

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Manuals are fun. I prefer a stick to a flappy paddle shifter, though.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

chartley posted:

Train spotting is my working life.

I thought it was only Hezzy who worked for the BTP?

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I prefer a stick to a flappy paddle

November Cop lounge: post your kink

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Are there any cossack slut pigs in here? Russia.pdf has left me with so many questions :psyduck:

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

I thought it was only Hezzy who worked for the BTP?

Boom tish!

All joking aside it's a bleak world at times. Lucky it's also rewarding, fun and eventful at moments.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

if you could somehow fabricate this into a real thing i will totally replace my shifter knob with it

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

if you could somehow fabricate this into a real thing i will totally replace my shifter knob with it

What's the difference?

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
i like driving really quick and changing gears its like im in fast & furious

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Hezzy posted:

i like driving really quick and changing gears its like im in fast & furious

on tv here right now.

starring

totally would

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Untagged posted:

totally would snap yo dick off

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Untagged posted:

totally wood

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Untagged posted:

on tv here right now.

starring

totally would

imagine her towering over you, fist clenched in rage, then striking you about the face and chest, shattering teeth and collapsing lungs

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

imagine her towering over you, fist clenched in rage, then striking you about the face and chest, shattering teeth and collapsing lungs

Still would climax.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Helldump Immunity. posted:

Still would climax.

done and done

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Helldump Immunity. posted:

Still would climax.

well duh

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

hnnng

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
you guys can tokyo drift yourself into a bath house while I'm rollin coal in my turbo diesel :stoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

I'm Michelle Rodriguez and I'm going to be the Angry Latino Chick for this film/show/commercial.

• Locked thread