Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

bawfuls posted:

I wish this could be an avatar.

Not that many colors - is probably possible. No photoshop at work, but I'll try when I get home if someone else doesn't. Going to be too small to see much I assume, but maybe that's what you meant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Tony Phillips posted:

Not that many colors - is probably possible. No photoshop at work, but I'll try when I get home if someone else doesn't. Going to be too small to see much I assume, but maybe that's what you meant.

It's still pretty understandable at [timg] size, and you can crop out a lot of the blank space getting it down to 150px. I'd say it should make a fine avatar, and yeah, it should be tiny, size-wise.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I'd use it but Hanley is more than likely going to be playing somewhere else next year so it's not as fun.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Harlock posted:

From the Rays official tweetor:

A "preliminary" list

Ron Wotus is one of those guys who should have been given a manager job a decade ago and still hasn't gotten the call up. Also lol Raul Ibanez.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Blake Beaven elected for free agency. That means all pieces from the Cliff Lee trade are gone (unless you count Xavier Avery who was traded for Michael Morse who we got from John Jaso who was somehow traded for Josh Lueke).

What a terrible trade.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

It's still pretty understandable at [timg] size, and you can crop out a lot of the blank space getting it down to 150px. I'd say it should make a fine avatar, and yeah, it should be tiny, size-wise.

Dumped every other frame (It started with a ridiculous 110), dropped it to 9 colors, played with the lossy level and it's at 29.9kb. I'm pretty crap at optimizing things, so I assume it could be done better, but it can be done.

Edit - just noticed that his crutch handle now matches the grass, and I think his uniform number is his skin tone. Heh.

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?

Inspector_666 posted:

I'm assuming Tulo would require more than one prospect, and I don't want the Yankees trading away multiple guys to pick up one when the team isn't in a WIN NOW situation. It's not as if Tulo is the missing piece here, he would be one of the building blocks.

If we could get him for just one prospect, I would downgrade it to just simply hamstringing the team rather than ridiculously so. Dude has averaged less than 120 games per season and just had hip surgery, and still has 6 years left on his contract. This is one of those times where I want the Yankees to throw money at a problem through FA.

The Yankees have been in WIN NOW mode since I was born.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tony Phillips posted:

Dumped every other frame (It started with a ridiculous 110), dropped it to 9 colors, played with the lossy level and it's at 29.9kb. I'm pretty crap at optimizing things, so I assume it could be done better, but it can be done.

Edit - just noticed that his crutch handle now matches the grass, and I think his uniform number is his skin tone. Heh.

The limit is 100kb and 150x150 now

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Inspector_666 posted:

the [Yankees aren't] in a WIN NOW situation

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

bawfuls posted:

I wish this could be an avatar.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

The Yankees have been in WIN NOW mode since I was born.

Oh you know what I mean :argh:

But really, I don't think they were as on the bubble late last season as you guys seem to.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 7, 2014

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

seiferguy posted:

Blake Beaven elected for free agency. That means all pieces from the Cliff Lee trade are gone (unless you count Xavier Avery who was traded for Michael Morse who we got from John Jaso who was somehow traded for Josh Lueke).

What a terrible trade.

You can say that about either trade and it's true. Tyson Gillies is never making the majors, JC Ramirez signed with the Indians in free agency after 24 bad, forgettable innings, and Phillippe Aumont has a sweet 6.13 ERA in 39.2 innings with 27 walks in that time.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

The limit is 100kb and 150x150 now

What in the who when now? Did not know that. Give me a minute.

There. All done.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

howe_sam posted:

Isn't Dave Martinez supposed to be this genius manager in waiting?

He's gotten a lot of hype for being ~*~Maddon's Protege~*~ the last few years and Maddon himself has been singing his praises, but the one thing I remember from when he does manage when Maddon got ejected or whatever is just ghastly bullpen management. Obviously this isn't a lot to go on as this is just a few innings 2 or 3 times a year but still.

Anyway, I guess I'm rooting for Acta?

Monicro fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 7, 2014

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Oh you know what I mean :argh:

But really, I don't think they were as on the bubble late last season as you guys seem to.

Even if Tulo only plays like 100-110 games, you're upgrading one of your worst positions to the best in the majors at that position for ~2/3s of a season.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Also while we're talkin avs could someone resize one of these

im sure i could do it in like 3 seconds with ms paint or whatever but i am very bad at computers

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

Even if Tulo only plays like 100-110 games, you're upgrading one of your worst positions to the best in the majors at that position for ~2/3s of a season.

Your sureness on this has actually had me re-thinking my position on it all day, and I'm not as dead set against it as I was when I made my other posts. I still have reservations about the surgery and who his backup would be, but I guess we'll see.

It just strikes me as more of the same types of deals that led to the last two seasons.

Monicro posted:

im sure i could do it in like 3 seconds with ms paint or whatever but i am very bad at computers

Yesssss, more KBC, yessssssssssssssssssssss...

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Monicro posted:

I won't do the White Sox one for moral reasons. :colbert:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Inspector_666 posted:

Yesssss, more KBC, yessssssssssssssssssssss...

what is KBC I need to see more of these

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Kawaii Baseball Cards it rules

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

yesssssss thank you

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Your sureness on this has actually had me re-thinking my position on it all day, and I'm not as dead set against it as I was when I made my other posts. I still have reservations about the surgery and who his backup would be, but I guess we'll see.

It just strikes me as more of the same types of deals that led to the last two seasons.

I mean, you're right - if he misses whole seasons and therefore is just expensive and provides no value it's a bad deal, but...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh my god I need to get one of these if they do a Twins one

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

oh my god I need to get one of these if they do a Twins one

You can send her requests but they may be closed right now??? its not particularly clear

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Timby posted:

He'll coach everyone to use his batting stance. Even the pitchers.

I just remember him from his last year with the Brewers and he was 1 AB away from taking or tieing the longest franchise no hit streak. He is the embodiment of scrap.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

bawfuls posted:

Lame, according to the picture in the article he didn't even pee inside the house. It was outside on a pool deck/patio area.

He was just marking his territory so all the other baseball players would stay away.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Craig Counsell scored the winning run for the Marlins in the '97 WS, so I won't forget that.

I saw that JJ Putz has joined the D-Backs' front office as a special assistant to the GM.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

N: The Twins officially brought back Brunansky as the hitting coach.

V: Good, a lot of guys have made noticible improvements since he came on a couple years ago.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Here's Jim Leyland crooning a country song: http://deadspin.com/jim-leyland-belts-out-whos-your-daddy-1655951386

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
MLB is selling jerseys for $45 right now, just FYI. Roughly half price

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
The more I think about the Braves, if they can reach a long term agreement with Heyward this offseason, then they will probably be shopping Justin Upton, and if they are wily, they should try to package BJ with him just to rid themselves of BJ. So, Justin, BJ and some cash.

That's probably a silly idea, but a man can dream, right? :)

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

MLB is selling jerseys for $45 right now, just FYI. Roughly half price
what jerseys are only $90 to begin with??

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

bawfuls posted:

what jerseys are only $90 to begin with??

Replicas are $100, so yeah roughly half price.

Though this $45 sale varies by team. Some don't have any, or you can get a Stanton replica for $45

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Braves have signed Eli Whiteside to a minor league deal which means he'll probably catch in 40 or so MLB games next season.

Also, RIP Josh Vitters' career with the Cubs. Your sweet swing was too sweet for the Cubs to handle.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

angrygodofjebus posted:

Replicas are $100, so yeah roughly half price.

Though this $45 sale varies by team. Some don't have any, or you can get a Stanton replica for $45

I wasn't aware the Yankees Stanton jerseys were out already

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Whiteside has the most appropriate hair colour/last name combo in baseball.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

im sorry kevlar it was just

too kawaii

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

Monicro posted:

too kawaii

Oh it didn't have anything to do with the White Sox or Konerko.

Kevlar has an intense moral objection to human interaction with house cats.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Monicro posted:

too kawaii

I missed this earlier

it's beautiful

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

i wonder what jim leylands been up t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeAUlURx9xs

e: vvv It lives on in VJeff's

Monicro fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Nov 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Monicro posted:

too kawaii

There goes one of my favorite SAS avatars :smith: though this one is pretty :3:

In news, the rumor is that the Mariners are going to shop Michael Saunders hard in winter meetings. Just for reference, he was our best outfielder in an outfield of crap. Jack Z, everyone.

• Locked thread