Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

TelekineticBear! posted:

Manchester United currently have the same number of points as Newcastle, thoughts?!

both teams are extremely good and cool and I've always said so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

TelekineticBear! posted:

Manchester United currently have the same number of points as Newcastle, thoughts?!

Newcastle is underperforming

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Blue Star Error posted:

Why do you want to do that? Is it because he said mean things about Louis Van Gaal?

He does every sodding week and it's incredibly tedious and not insightful in the least.

I wouldn't mind if there was some kind of tactical discussion, or context, or any kind of demonstration of a working understanding of football at more than a win/lose level, but it's literally just "UNITED PAID MONEY; WHERE IS POINTS" every time as if it's somehow come as a great shock to him that we've not come away from the Etihad with ten more points than we had at the same point last week

I'm pretty mad about this and would like to melt down about it

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
At the risk of being tedious and not insightful in the least, you would expect the most expensive squad in the history of football not to have their season be a complete write off 10 games in tbh.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Blue Star Error posted:

At the risk of being tedious and not insightful in the least, you would expect the most expensive squad in the history of football not to have their season be a complete write off 10 games in tbh.

I don't think its a complete write off.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
No team has ever qualified for the top 4 after getting 13 or less points from 10 games

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Blue Star Error posted:

No team has ever qualified for the top 4 after getting 13 or less points from 10 games

What do you mean, "qualified for the top 4"?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Blue Star Error posted:

4 points from 4th.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

serious gaylord posted:

4 points from 4th.

4 points is a long time in football

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Blue Star Error posted:

They're top of La Liga, it's all a bit flat-track bully, but I wouldn't call that a complete write-off

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Blue Star Error posted:

4 points is a long time in football

They could still qualify!

Plus, the defense (left back especially) is rounding into shape and once they get healthy, look out (side of the top half of the table)!

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
In all seriousness the defense is a tire fire and it will be over before people get healthy or poo poo gets sorted out.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

FullLeatherJacket posted:

He does every sodding week and it's incredibly tedious and not insightful in the least.

I wouldn't mind if there was some kind of tactical discussion, or context, or any kind of demonstration of a working understanding of football at more than a win/lose level, but it's literally just "UNITED PAID MONEY; WHERE IS POINTS" every time as if it's somehow come as a great shock to him that we've not come away from the Etihad with ten more points than we had at the same point last week

I'm pretty mad about this and would like to melt down about it

Stoke, a team who got beat twice in a week by a team who were gutted in the summer managed to get 3 points at COMS. I would think a team throwing money arround like it was going out of fashion with a trendy internationally recognised manager could do better.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
How much are they paying Falcao to sit on the bench?

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

TelekineticBear! posted:

Pardew out.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

sassassin posted:

£16m for his salary plus the loan fee.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sassassin posted:

Does anyone have any insight on what's going on there? Is he permanently broken? Still injured? Dutch bias for RVP?

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

blue footed boobie posted:

Does anyone have any insight on what's going on there? Is he permanently broken? Still injured? Dutch bias for RVP?

He's poo poo.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
No idea. I was surprised not to see him play today. Maybe he's injured. Hadn't looked into it.

e: he's injured

mackintosh fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 2, 2014

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sassassin posted:

He's injured shockingly.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Van Gaal has apparently ordered an investigation into the Carrington facilities since he finds it absurd that there are so many muscle injuries in training.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

serious gaylord posted:

Van Gaal has apparently ordered an investigation into the Carrington facilities since he finds it absurd that there are so many muscle injuries in training.

Grasping at straws lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

Didn't he rip out all of the pitches and have them replaced with the same pitch that's laid at Old Trafford?

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Byolante posted:

Stoke, a team who got beat twice in a week by a team who were gutted in the summer managed to get 3 points at COMS. I would think a team throwing money arround like it was going out of fashion with a trendy internationally recognised manager could do better.

Southampton made shrewd signings that have come off very well, Man U just chucked money at big stars lol.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
United need to spend at least £200 million in January.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

United need to spend at least £200 million in January.

And thats just to pay Janusazassssjysazzs's wages.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
This is Manchester United's worst start to a season since 1986-87 apparently, and after assembling the most expensive squad in the history of English football to do it.

e: this time last season they were 8th with 17 points, 8 behind Arsenal in first. Now they're 10th with 13 points, 13 behind Chelsea.

vyelkin fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 3, 2014

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!

serious gaylord posted:

Can Van Gaal give Wenger the number for these investigators pls?

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Moyes must be rolling in his grave at how LVG is loving up all his good work.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Every week it becomes more and more apparent that Alex Ferguson was some sort of football wizard.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

sebzilla posted:

Every week it becomes more and more apparent that Alex Ferguson was some sort of football wizard.

So was Moyes.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Turns out Falcao was a donkey and the inside of his knee looks like a fruit rollup found after years under a car seat

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
No but you see, Van Gaal has made United fans feel good again instead of telling them the harsh truth that their team is terrible and they can't compete with good sides, so there should be no pressure on him even though he spent five times as much money as Moyes did to get worse results, without even having European fixture congestion as an excuse.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Lenin Riefenstahl posted:

Can Van Gaal give Wenger the number for these investigators pls?

Isaac Hayden, who hasn't even played this year, is out for six weeks.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

blue footed boobie posted:

Isaac Hayden, who hasn't even played this year, is out for six weeks.

Body thetans giving out already.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Oh so when Robbie Savage does it...

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I love that Moyes and Sherwood did better than their successors, doing big lols, can't wait until Wengers replacement is even worse and I get real mad

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

vyelkin posted:

No but you see, Van Gaal has made United fans feel good again instead of telling them the harsh truth that their team is terrible and they can't compete with good sides, so there should be no pressure on him even though he spent five times as much money as Moyes did to get worse results, without even having European fixture congestion as an excuse.

Is Van Gaal actually Ronald Reagan?

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother
It's great seeing Fellaini finally come good under LVG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

General Probe posted:

Is Van Gaal actually Ronald Reagan?

Close. He's Konstantin Chernenko.