Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Dirty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

outy posted:

Lex McMahon, CEO of Titan FC, fires Yoshida.
Lex McMahon is Mike Ricci's manager.

:what:

Is that legal?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Lol nice. brickfist

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Is that legal?

Jeeesus.. I've heard of matchmaker of being fighters manager but CEO.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Eat This Glob posted:

Lol nice. brickfist

I like the woman coming in with the pork to slap on top at the end. Mexican breakfasts are heavy as heck (and drat good).

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Whoa lot of b-league in the UFC this morning

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Seltzer posted:

Mexican foods are heavy as heck (and drat good).

Ftfy

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Please don't try to corner Mark Hunt via twitter, newbies

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Is that legal?

Wasn't Dana White Liddell's manager?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/demetrious-2858357/

McCall poppin' off on the most verifiable of battlefields, sherdog forums. This fight seems like such a fluke in retrospect, but man it was good.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I can't stand Ian McCall

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Yeah he's acting like a real bitch lately. Tim Kennedy doesn't whine as much as he does.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I like any man who poo poo talks about laying a dude sensually out on a mat, so I can actually totally get behind this.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

TheRationalRedditor posted:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/demetrious-2858357/

McCall poppin' off on the most verifiable of battlefields, sherdog forums. This fight seems like such a fluke in retrospect, but man it was good.

Boring troll. User loses to tiny Brazilian in 1 week.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

attackmole posted:

I like any man who poo poo talks about laying a dude sensually out on a mat, so I can actually totally get behind this.

He's been using the same line for years now. It's pretty tired.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
When DJ gets through Dodson again (will be a tough fight) what I hope happens is Dominick Cruz beats the pants off of a shirtless TJ Dillashaw and then TJ drops a division and they do that match. Sorta like how Frankie dropped and fought Aldo right away. They should do that for TJ vs DJ asap, winner gets a rematch with Cruz. Yeah. I'd go for that.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Bubba Smith posted:

When DJ gets through Dodson again (will be a tough fight) what I hope happens is Dominick Cruz beats the pants off of a shirtless TJ Dillashaw and then TJ drops a division and they do that match. Sorta like how Frankie dropped and fought Aldo right away. They should do that for TJ vs DJ asap, winner gets a rematch with Cruz. Yeah. I'd go for that.

I rewatched Cruz/DJ recently, and it's a way more competitive fight than I remember. Cruz won, undoubtedly, but it wasn't easy for him. That's a rematch I'd be keen to see whatever the circumstances.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

MagicCube posted:

lol

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

MagicCube posted:

I wouldn't call Lineker tiny

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MagicCube posted:

:lol:

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

MagicCube posted:

hehehehe

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

A little over a month from now we get to see Bigg Rigg and Lawler beat the living poo poo out of each other again. Awesome.

goml23
Jan 31, 2001

Fatass
I only really like McCall because of his nickname, but I don't know if I can be a fan going forward.

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
Stop giving advice when u a keyboard warrior ok u know nada about the top end fkn putos

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I liked him until I heard him speak. He's the only fighter of whom I thought less after his appearance on JRE. I was just thinking "gently caress, this guy is a spoiled rich kid who never grew up and turned into a sociopath".

Even War Machine came off better - when he got talking about his cousin's buddy's perpetual motion machine I realized the extent of his ignorance and idiocy and I was able to offer him a bit of pity.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Shane del Rosario RIP.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Marching Powder posted:

i'm not too worried about hunt's cardio. he went 5 extreme rounds in the bigfoot fight, and luckily fatigue doesn't stop him from hitting really hard or being really strong. how did werdum look in the travis brown fight? i missed that somehow.

I cant really remember a fight I thought he lost because of bad cardio. I guess hes good enough that guys have to go at his pace. And there have definitely been fights he kept a really high pace and didnt gas. Maybe the cut will somehow make him unprecedentedly lovely

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bundt Cake posted:

I cant really remember a fight I thought he lost because of bad cardio. I guess hes good enough that guys have to go at his pace. And there have definitely been fights he kept a really high pace and didnt gas. Maybe the cut will somehow make him unprecedentedly lovely

Starting at 304 isn't bad at all by Hunt standards.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i'm rewatching all the ufcs and i'm up to 7 and the highlight thus far was mark hall throwing a jumping punch against paul varlens then getting destroyed

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Atlas Hugged posted:

Wasn't Dana White Liddell's manager?

Dana managed Chuck and Tito before the Fertittas bought the UFC; as soon as they did he stopped managing fighters because it was a conflict of interest.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
steven quadros was a judge at ufc 8, and he was introduced as robert young: blackbelt in korean martial arts. he did not blink

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Starting at 304 isn't bad at all by Hunt standards.

No start is worse than the holocaust simulation werdum's camp chose anyway.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

CommonShore posted:

Even War Machine came off better - when he got talking about his cousin's buddy's perpetual motion machine I realized the extent of his ignorance and idiocy and I was able to offer him a bit of pity.

Can you explain the context of this, please? If he meant it like you imply he meant it I might have to watch that episode because that's just so entertainingly dumb to me.

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

just tried (unsuccessfully) to suck my own dick.

I think I need a break from the internet.
I didn't think McCall came off as THAT bad. he sounded like a little bit of a privileged doofus but war machine sounded like an unintelligent waste of space and I quit 2/3 through.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I have a friend who knows War Machine pretty well and is always trying to explain to me what a good and misunderstood guy he is. I haven't had the heart to ask him and he hasn't brought him up since the Christy Mack thing.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

frenton posted:

Can you explain the context of this, please? If he meant it like you imply he meant it I might have to watch that episode because that's just so entertainingly dumb to me.

oh yeah he went through this whole thing where "oh my cousin's buddy built a perpetual motion machine, and it uses magnets and poo poo. It's gonna be on the market soon, it's so cool. I go over to his place and see it all the time. He just needs a new bearing. No, I can't tell you his name because of corporations 'n poo poo." And he genuinely believed it. He is a dumb dumb man. I can't quite tell if Joe was humouring him or believing him.

McCall's stories about doing cocaine and going out with friends to provoke strangers into fights and then beating them up really rubbed me the wrong way. I can't remember the details of it, but it seemed to me like their MO would be to find a guy with a girl, approach/flirt/insult/grope her, and then when the guy intervened and expected a 1v1 fight, the group of trained fighters would swarm him. I could be misremembering, but that's in line with the impression that stuck in my head. Any fighter who gets his jollies by going out to start fights with untrained people in bars shouldn't be allowed in the ring.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

CommonShore posted:

McCall's stories about doing cocaine and going out with friends to provoke strangers into fights and then beating them up really rubbed me the wrong way. I can't remember the details of it, but it seemed to me like their MO would be to find a guy with a girl, approach/flirt/insult/grope her, and then when the guy intervened and expected a 1v1 fight, the group of trained fighters would swarm him. I could be misremembering, but that's in line with the impression that stuck in my head. Any fighter who gets his jollies by going out to start fights with untrained people in bars shouldn't be allowed in the ring.

Did you do this, Gregor Samsa?

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Did you do this, Gregor Samsa?

Short answer: No. There was a decent amount of fighting when I was in high school, but I don't think Ian or anybody else I knew did anything so egregious or precalculated, so either CommonShore is misremembering or Ian decided to make poo poo up to make himself sound extra reprehensible. He exaggerates the amount of fighting that happened -- he also seems to think saying things like "we ran 'small town X'" is cool, rather than embarrassing. That said, it definitely wasn't the case that people got jumped, let alone got precalculated jumpings. Nor was anybody groping girls etc.

Longer answer: There was lots of fighting when I was in high school (the people Ian's talking about are 2-5 years older than me, so some of them were just being "those dudes who aren't doing anything" after high school), but it was generally just testosterone fueled teenagers getting into 1 on 1 or big group fights. I never saw people I was with jump anybody, nor grope girls, but it may have happened (i) before I started hanging out with them -- some of them had gone to jail for jumping people they'd had a fight with earlier in the night before I met them -- or (ii) after I stopped (I ended up going in a very different direction as Ian/Robert Emerson/etc. and didn't spend much time around them after about age 19). I pretty heavily doubt it, though. I'm pretty sure he's talking about a period of time about 10-14 years ago. The fact that he and the rest never recognized that it was a really ugly way to behave is mostly why I quit hanging out with those guys.

It's true that people would hit on girls and then fights with boyfriends would ensue -- sometimes boyfriends and their friends -- but it definitely wasn't the "lure them into getting jumped (or even "lure them into a fight")" scenario that CommonShore describes. Frankly they were all too loving stupid to plan anything that far in advance. Also, some of them actually could fight and there really wasn't any need for jumping people.

The only time I personally witnessed anybody getting jumped, it was Ian and I getting jumped by a bunch of skinheads from a neighboring town when I was 17. While I was a teenager I did a lot of things I'm not at all inclined to defend, and I think Ian and others did worse, but nothing nearly as bad as what CommonShore describes.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
MMA Hour starts an hour early at 12 Eastern featuring Rory, Ronda, Poirier, and David Branch - http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/11/3/7147153/the-mma-hour-with-ronda-rousey-rory-macdonald-in-studio-dustin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I personally remember Uncle Creepy saying those things on JRE so at the very least I can confirm CommonShore isn't making anything up. I seem to remember him suggesting that all happened after high school though, but that might be misremembering on my part.

• Locked thread