Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
That was pretty funny, but you're wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I'd say go for German Steel next time.

Whichever element is older (average age of officers) gets MP5 and G36K, the younger gets UMP and G36c, in an "old vs. young" fight.

The leader takes the SMG II, because he's a hipster.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
Might I suggest a loadout?

VIRTUAL MISSION!?
Snake, your next mission is to infiltrate enemy-held territory and rescue the hostages. Your loadout will be a Mk.23 SOCOM, a camera wand, and a lockpick. All other weapons and equipment OSP (on-site procurement.) Remember, this is a sneaking mission!

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.

Video

CRIME INFORMATION
SWAT is responding to civil unrest in the downtown area of East 9th and Cecilia Streets. The suspects are "celebrating" the recent "Los Angeles' Rioters" victory at the American Basketball Championships. So far the celebration has resulted in severe property damage and minor injuries. Units on the scene report the suspects are armed, but there have been no shots fired. It has been determined that the safest method of entry will be for the SWAT elements to deploy via helicopter onto the top of the Morse Hotel. Once the elements are deployed, air units will remain in the area for additional support. After the street and hotel are clear, SWAT will enter all other nearby buildings to ensure all of the suspects have been apprehended.

MISSION OBJECTIVES
Rescue and evacuate 3 known hostages
Gain control of 15 known suspects

SELECTED LOADOUT: Thanks to Cthulhu Dreams for making me think tactilol-y

MP5SD3 Aimpoint

Mark 23 Mod 0

OUTCOME:
Four suspects arrested, eleven neutralized. All hostages rescued. Team wounds status unknown because of surprise end of campaign.
Bullshit detection rating estimated at <10%, test project successful. Videos of original campaign coming... possibly, in like a year or two, knowing how lazy I get.

Yeah, a lot shorter than expected. We're not even close to actually finished, however! All of the missions from this campaign are, while reusing the same maps, entirely different from what's normally available. There's still the other levels added in the TGOTY patch and the original campaign to show off.

As a note: no, weapon suggestions I haven't used will not be going to waste. I've already written down every one I've received so far and will keep them in mind for the main campaign, the other levels, and any other bonus videos I can think of.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Hostage taking? That's one hell of a riot.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

I'm more impressed with how they managed to find such a number of diverse assault rifles at a football stadium. :stare:

Edit: Just noticed in the briefing they hadn't fired a single shot before. American hooligans are hella into discipline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

Kadorhal posted:

Video

CRIME INFORMATION
SWAT is responding to a barricade situation at St. Karl's Kirche, on Westflight Park. A group calling itself the Crimson Flag has taken over and is occupying the cathedral. All attempts at communications have been thwarted. Surveillance by highground has shown the group to be heavily armed, in numbers of six or greater. Gear up; you're going in.

MISSION OBJECTIVES
Gain control of six known suspects

SELECTED LOADOUT: Thanks to Leif. for making a second suggestion after the 100% less-lethal one

Mini-Uzi Suppressed for Element Leader, Red #1 and Blue #1

ARWEN 37 for Red #2 and Blue #2

OUTCOME:
Two suspects neutralized, four arrested. One teammate (Snake) heavily wounded. Element leader finally, actually killed a suspect.
Questions to be answered: What exactly was the purpose of taking over an empty church? No hostages, probably not a lot of money, certainly nothing else useful for armed and armored suspects.

I'm starting to slip on the whole update-schedule thing. I blame the Thanksgiving Steam sale, since it coincides with my birthday 90% of the time. It's rather appropriate I made a Splinter Cell joke in the last video, because one of the games I've been playing instead of recording this one is Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

Hah yesssss. In fairness to the 100% less lethal run, I think that has to be babysat with you taking the lead on clearing most rooms and preemptively gassing and banging the poo poo out of them as much as possible, and even then it's still a tossup.

• Locked thread