Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Machai
Feb 21, 2013

It says it is in 1080/60fps+ on the box, but most scenes are only 720 and 30fps at best.

The DVD is HUGE! It's like a laserdisc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
AKA groot, aka suprman.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

If you ever wondered what Starbuck from BSG's looks like just watching the movie.

It has a random shower scene in the beginning.

It also has Drax the destroyer in the film too.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

i've heard similar reports about the x box one

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
riddick was ok, the beginning was more interesting and then it turned into a complete 1:1 identical clone of pitch black, which would have been ok but it just wasn't as good as PB the second time around.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I like Riddick I like the name!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

stringball posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
this is some riddick poo poo

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

etalian posted:

If you ever wondered what Starbuck from BSG's looks like just watching the movie.

her what? Her what!!?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Harime Nui posted:

her what? Her what!!?
you get a full 1080p HD view of her hairy poo poo-encrusted rear end in a top hat

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Does anyone ever dream about just being able to play some Xbox with Vin Diesel?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I liked all the Riddick movies.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Riddick games were fun

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

etalian posted:

The Riddick games were fun

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD2Mb8pM6E8

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Riddick gets a puppy in this movie it's cool.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
That's Riddickulous.

:rimshot:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
riddick owns.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

Omi-Polari posted:

riddick owns.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Bularin posted:

That's Riddickulous.

:rimshot:

came here to post this, left angry, voted 1

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Riddick gets a puppy in this movie it's cool.

I loving wish!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i want him in my twink rear end

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
while wearing the riddick goggles

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I want to pet the gently caress out of that cat WOW

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014

would not fight that dude or his cat

also the first one third of riddick is one of the most ecologically accurate depictions of an alien biome ive seen in a movie

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Xaris posted:

riddick was ok, the beginning was more interesting and then it turned into a complete 1:1 identical clone of pitch black, which would have been ok but it just wasn't as good as PB the second time around.

Fuckin' truth right here.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Xaris posted:

That and it played the old "hero is so manly he can literally gently caress the lesbian straight" trope without any sense of irony or winking, which is just loving retarded and inexcusable.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

it's basically space conan fantasy

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mind the walrus posted:

That and it played the old "hero is so manly he can literally gently caress the lesbian straight" trope without any sense of irony or winking, which is just loving retarded and inexcusable.

I see that you too are a fan of Current Releases (RIP)

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

I'm p sure you are not actually supposed to take Riddick (the character) completely seriously. He is too macho even for his own movies.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

...of SCIENCE! posted:

lmao, i never read or heard anything about CR except some drama of them quitting but good thing it's RIP now

wit
Jul 26, 2011
Because Riddick ate nine.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Machai posted:

I'm p sure you are not actually supposed to take Riddick (the character) completely seriously. He is too macho even for his own movies.

Even taking the character and the movie not-at-all-seriously it still portrays homosexuality in a completely erroneous light. That's not some :goonsay: about muzzle flashes or the physics of hoverbikes, that's a real-life social issue that is being portrayed as a "fixable" if enough retrograde masculinity is applied to it. There's no wink at the camera. There's no sense of ironic detachment. It's 100% awful. There are some old pulp conventions that are 100% best left in the past.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I haven't read the front page in nearly a decade and I sure as gently caress ain't starting again now.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I for one am extremely disappointed at all the bisexual erasure currently going on in this thread.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Forgive me if thinking "I don't like men" means she doesn't like men.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

Alas Boobylon posted:

also the first one third of riddick is one of the most ecologically accurate depictions of an alien biome ive seen in a movie
pitch black kind of had an interesting deptiction too, though. what with the aliens that only come out every (???) years

Sidecrab
Jul 16, 2012

stringball posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Harald posted:

pitch black kind of had an interesting deptiction too, though. what with the aliens that only come out every (???) years

22years

• Locked thread