Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saga
Aug 17, 2009

T1g4h posted:

I can only view like 50% of videos I get sent. Anything from munch or brokenknucklez is pure black screen, for example.

Keep your finger held down and it usually loads. St least for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anuvin
Jan 10, 2008
Death to the False Emperor!
Mine is anuvin. Very original, I know.

Add me for vintage car snaps and random other bullshit. Probably a bunch of the local awesome: a 1965 Plymouth Valiant and a 28 Ford Roadster.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

goatse guy posted:

Harry was so excited last night when I was opening up Holdbrooks STI snaps. He only gets that excited about chipmunks and car rides.

Hah, glad I could make the little guy happy.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Enjoy the backyard engine removal stuck in my story and sent to a few of you. To be continued tomorrow because it's time for a Top Gear break.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
I want to go play in the garage but I'm bummed about my sick kitty. You might have to wait until tomorrow for exocet snaps and swearing.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
lets dance fuckers :getin:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Tommychu93. Experience with the Android Snapchat client so far has been less than ideal though, so this poo poo may not stick.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

lets dance fuckers :getin:

I hope you take my advice. :ohdear:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I showed cattes tonight and had a stupid allergy episode. Goddamnit tomatoes stop being in my food when I don't expect.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Apologies if I end up spamming a bunch of random poo poo while I figure this thing out. It's not a very self-explanatory piece of software, so I'm just mashing random buttons until poo poo works :jeb:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Dude, that's the point. Shove those dick pics in our faces!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Safety Dance posted:

Dude, that's the point. Shove those dick pics in our faces!

If you insist.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Wheres mine? :argh:

e: you sly fox

Saga
Aug 17, 2009
Well that sucks, blackmk4. :doh:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Makin' Jerky and showin' AI.

:getin:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Dannywilson posted:

Makin' Jerky and showin' AI.

:getin:

tell me more

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
2.0c Yoshidas Teriyaki
1.0c water
.25c balsamic vinegar
2Tbs rock salt
1Tbsp garlic powder
2Tbsp onion flakes
1tsp Cayenne red pepper
*1Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2tsp liquid smoke
Pinch of oregano
Pinch of paprika

Add 1 lb of sliced top round and throw it in the fridge for 24 hours. throw it on the dehydrator for 1 hour at high/170º and then 8-12 hours at medium/110º

BAM, amazing jerky.
*red pepper flakes->ghost pepper to taste

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Welp, looks like I need to buy a dehydrator next chance I get, that sounds amazing.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
You can do the high heat stuff in the oven with the proper racks. The problem you run into is the lower heat stuff as ovens usually can only go down to (realistically) 140ish. I got my dehydrator for like $50 (I think) at costco, so try there first. Also the deli slicer was only like $40-50, and bam, you have jerky whenever you wanna go buy top round.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Or, you can use AC filters and a box fan. No heat!
http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/skills/make-your-own-diy-box-fan-beef-jerky#slide-1

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I've been meaning to grab a dehydrator for years, but every time I'm at Walmart or w/e I forget.
Also I blame that terrible thing I did on all the fastfoodchat in the general thread.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I primarily cut cross-grain, and that setup is loving terrifying. What the gently caress are you pulling up with that poo poo? Random treatment chems? Fiberglass? Nope, and especially nope for Popular Mechanics, who has led us in some poor directions in the past.

E: PM HEADLINE: "USED ASBESTOS AS A FILLER MATERIAL FOR YOUR CAR? WE TEST IT ON PAGE 140"

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Don't be a baby. It actually remarkably clean; it's what I use when I make jerky.

Alton Brown recommends it!

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
NOPE Even if the patron saint of turkey frying recommends it, not drying on AC filters.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Alton brown specifically recommends natural cotton filters to avoid horrible cancer death. E: or cellulose like the article maybe, it's been a while.

Also recommends blowing out the window, so air that's been dried by your (presumed) a/c is able to effectively dry the meat.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Yeah while cellulose itself is safe, the concern is they aren't manufactured with food in mind and they may at some point be exposed to some substance that isn't great to ingest.
But hey, I've used Rotella as a cooking oil so my concern about that sort of thing isn't huge.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
For those who had no loving idea what the Subaru snap I sent was about: a 2004 WRX Wagon, lowered, with a really loud fartcan exhaust. Giant Porsche emblem and name on the back, black CARRERA emblems along the lower doorsills, particolored RS4 emblem on the rear and front door, and an ELF sticker and livery on the front hood and scoop. Subaru Porsche Carrera RS4 ELF.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I have a cheap Nesco dehydrator I got off Amazon, I make some great jerky on it. Haven't made any in awhile, I might have to change that.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Sigma X posted:

For those who had no loving idea what the Subaru snap I sent was about : a 2004 WRX Wagon, lowered, with a really loud fartcan exhaust. Giant Porsche emblem and name on the back, black CARRERA emblems along the lower doorsills, particolored RS4 emblem on the rear and front door, and an ELF sticker and livery on the front hood and scoop. Subaru Porsche Carrera RS4 ELF.

This sounds awesome. Where do I get mine?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Did everyone get the snap I sent of The Chillest Catte? The app went all fucky trying to send, I'm not sure it went through to everyone.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
Yes. I wish I had time for a pet, being away from the house all day wouldn't be fair to an animal.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Stuffed the yellow Duck into the ground at the trackday, woop.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3091384&pagenumber=111#post437480568

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

alternate.eago posted:

Yes. I wish I had time for a pet, being away from the house all day wouldn't be fair to an animal.

Cattes would probably appreciate it.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
My brother is allergic.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Terrible Robot, we have the same loving cat.

Here's mine:

Hard to tell, but our cats are really similar, with the nose shape and everything. It's very strange.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
im parump on snapchat, mostly pictures of my dog, my bike and broken down busses and trucks

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

This should really be called the Snapcatte thread.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Today was the biggest cat day so far, I think it was 5:1 cats:car stuff

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Terrible Robot posted:

Did everyone get the snap I sent of The Chillest Catte? The app went all fucky trying to send, I'm not sure it went through to everyone.

Chill cat was my favourite of all of today's snapcattes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
More jerky pics inbound!

• Locked thread