Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
And now I'm kind of obsessed w/ it and really want conclusive proof of what happened, even though that will never occur. Everything about the case is insane to the point where it's like the singularity of unsolved murder mysteries.

Post your weird theories here even though it was obviously the mom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

oj did it

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
It was a one-armed man

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

the parents didi it

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Whoever bought the house is trying way too hard to dump it.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
The brother did it obviously.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
it was suicide, she couldnt deal with teh pressure

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

well duh, that house is probably haunted as balls

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
parents did it

the end

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
additionally anyone capable of parading their kid around in pageants is capable of murdering the poo poo out of them

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

parents killed her accidentally

big coverup to make it look like someone else

case closed take em away boys

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

i'm surprised they haven't razed that poo poo to the ground

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

video games? food?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
So why wasn't this an open/shut case from the beginning? Botched investigation? High power attorneys?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

LifeSizePotato posted:

well duh, that house is probably haunted as balls

ugh can you even imagine what a terrible ghost a pageant girl would be

annoying as poo poo

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
wooooooooo i need more velcro curlers :ghost:

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

So why wasn't this an open/shut case from the beginning? Botched investigation? High power attorneys?

The Boulder PD literally hosed up everything possible about the case. Failed to secure the crime scene, failed to isolate the parents and interview them separately. Allowed the crime scene to become contaminated. The Ramseys had DA connections which allowed them to stall the case basically indefinitely. The cops said if they had arrested Patsy at the beginning she would have cracked within hours and the case would have been solved in like a day.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I remeber watching a made for tv movie about it in the late 90s.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Also, that and the honey boo boo thing just goes to show how hosed up the parents of child beauty pagent stars are.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
American magical girls are nothing compared to Sailor Moon.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Al Cowens posted:

American magical girls are nothing compared to Sailor Moon.

Look at this scrub who only watches dubbed shows

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
From what I understand, either you or the author is full of poo poo and that actually there was very little evidence that the parents were responsible, just that it made a good story. And the police, in their confidence, didn't actually follow through on investigating it as a real crime.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

it was the gardener :mexico:

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Pick posted:

From what I understand, either you or the author is full of poo poo and that actually there was very little evidence that the parents were responsible, just that it made a good story. And the police, in their confidence, didn't actually follow through on investigating it as a real crime.

Every piece of actual evidence, including the probable murder weapon and garotte, came from inside the house. There's no hard evidence of an intruder. She was wrapped in her favorite blanket and hidden while an intruder probably wouldn't have given a poo poo about the body

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
She and Maddie run a B&B in south america, I thought this was common knowledge.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Did Frontline do an episode on this or is there a documentary on youtube or something? It sounds interesting but I only read Warhammer 40k books.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

boom boom boom posted:

Did Frontline do an episode on this or is there a documentary on youtube or something? It sounds interesting but I only read Warhammer 40k books.

In the grimdark future ramsey is a dreadnaught.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
The murderer of Jonbenet Ramsey is none other than Arthur Leigh Allen, the One True Zodiac Killer.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
rip jonbenet "gordon" ramsey

ThisGuy
Aug 16, 2014

This Fuckin' Guy
I can't wait until I'm a shell of a person and I can inflict tons of lasting scars on my children, so they know how to properly instruct their children

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
If the mom really did do it, why doesn't the dad just pin everything on her now that she's dead? gently caress it man, yolo.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Her parents are proof you don't have to be poor and southern to be white trash

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Alan Smithee posted:

Her parents are proof you don't have to be poor and southern to be white trash

"former beauty queen" tops income and region.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAdyOWwcbvs

Probably not the most ideal music for a funeral.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bug Bill Murray posted:

Every piece of actual evidence, including the probable murder weapon and garotte, came from inside the house. There's no hard evidence of an intruder. She was wrapped in her favorite blanket and hidden while an intruder probably wouldn't have given a poo poo about the body

Except they didn't close off the crime scene or do a thorough check, so there might have been evidence outside if they hadn't hosed it up. There was never physical evidence tying the parents to the case. The ransom letter meanwhile read like it was written by a young moron who lifted lines from action films such as Speed.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

how old/hot would jbr be in 2014

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i agree op i like his show kitchen nightmares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Pick posted:

Except they didn't close off the crime scene or do a thorough check, so there might have been evidence outside if they hadn't hosed it up. There was never physical evidence tying the parents to the case. The ransom letter meanwhile read like it was written by a young moron who lifted lines from action films such as Speed.

I thought that the ransom letter was very oddly worded and tied to phrases that her mother might have used...

• Locked thread